Lombax Warrior
184 posts

Re: There's still an Elephant in the room..been there for years now..

[ Edited ]
Nov 7, 2012

Open chat used to exist on Home, it was HORRIBLE. It actually got scrapped because people were being reported for saying things and Sony couldn't actually prove if the person said it over voice chat or not- it was incredibly easy for people to get away with the abuse and not get in trouble.

From a user's point, going anywhere was terrible. All you heard was people's background noises, barking dogs, crying babies, loud music, I played with my TV muted for a long time. Plus it made everywhere feel insanely crowded.

I for one am glad the open mic chat is gone and I firmly believe it should stay gone. Group and club chat work just fine, if you want to chat with someone, open up a channel with them.

Message 11 of 22 (279 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
10662 posts

Nov 7, 2012
Go back to making funny videos, like the Carlton one Smiley Sad
New PSN ID for PS4: Redd-Axel

Come check out my Twitch TV channel, will be streaming various PS4 games from time to time http://www.twitch.tv/reddaxel
Message 12 of 22 (272 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

Nov 7, 2012

Subtenko wrote:

This has always been brought up in my mind along with other videos at least once every year since this was shown..

Now being a part of a team,company, etc. You do not want to talk about most things they you have planned on or skipped...dagon I really wish they would talk about this stuff right now in the present day,lol.. I just want to bring it up since hardly ANYONE is..

Yes we are seeing some things being brought into home like dropping EOD tv's while they are playing (apparently possible now as I saw an advert for it).

Now we need this and Open Mic back (Like DC Universe) Proximity chat can be turned on or off. All of the extraverts can be happy and all the introverts wont have a problem. Much better than going up to someone and saying (Hey..wanna chat/wanna mic chat? Like anyone does that IRL..so awkward). You can also mute certain people if you are wondering about that feature..

So yea..lets hurry up and get this Elephant completely out the room..it made one step towards the door and another. Why not completely set it free instead of holding it captive! D: Do the Home community managers still take note of these things?

At one point one of the Home staff came out and said that they are sitting on truck load of item's and spaces in Home and instead of given them all out at once they are going to do it slowly over time.  Keep in mind this was 4 or 5 year's ago.  I feel the real reason why we have yet to get the Hall of Fame and other Closed Beta item's is do to the newer staff of Home just is not as creative as Phil Harrison is. 

1. TV's
  2. Hall of Fame
  3. Voice Chat
  4. Game launching
  5. picture frames
  6. Useing you're cell phone to interact with Home (not yet in Home)

and many other things that make Home, Home where all his idea's. I'm sorry but I have not seen one original or unique idea come from the new staff except possibly conpanions.

As for open mic?  That was the Home staff's own falt that it was taken away.  DAY 1:  Of the open beta I started posting that there need's to be a clear set of rules for Home.  People where saying what ever they wanted to say on the open mic's and the Mod's could do nothing about it seeing how there was NOTHING saying they could not do just that. 

I remember being on Home one day and one guy keep useing the "N"  word (bad black person name) wich is not a cool but the guy he was fighting with keep useing the "C" word (Bad white person name) the white guy calling the black guy the "N" word ended up getting a ban from Home but nothing ended up happing to the black guy calling the white guy the "C" word.  How is that fair who know's but on the other hand there where no rules for Home at that point in time.  Soon after that we lost open mic's.

Folding@home Team #118000
GAPHome

General

Message 13 of 22 (253 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2394 posts

Nov 7, 2012

King0fHearts2007 wrote:

Subtenko wrote:

This has always been brought up in my mind along with other videos at least once every year since this was shown..

Now being a part of a team,company, etc. You do not want to talk about most things they you have planned on or skipped...dagon I really wish they would talk about this stuff right now in the present day,lol.. I just want to bring it up since hardly ANYONE is..

Yes we are seeing some things being brought into home like dropping EOD tv's while they are playing (apparently possible now as I saw an advert for it).

Now we need this and Open Mic back (Like DC Universe) Proximity chat can be turned on or off. All of the extraverts can be happy and all the introverts wont have a problem. Much better than going up to someone and saying (Hey..wanna chat/wanna mic chat? Like anyone does that IRL..so awkward). You can also mute certain people if you are wondering about that feature..

So yea..lets hurry up and get this Elephant completely out the room..it made one step towards the door and another. Why not completely set it free instead of holding it captive! D: Do the Home community managers still take note of these things?

At one point one of the Home staff came out and said that they are sitting on truck load of item's and spaces in Home and instead of given them all out at once they are going to do it slowly over time.  Keep in mind this was 4 or 5 year's ago.  I feel the real reason why we have yet to get the Hall of Fame and other Closed Beta item's is do to the newer staff of Home just is not as creative as Phil Harrison is. 

1. TV's
  2. Hall of Fame
  3. Voice Chat
  4. Game launching
  5. picture frames
  6. Useing you're cell phone to interact with Home (not yet in Home)

and many other things that make Home, Home where all his idea's. I'm sorry but I have not seen one original or unique idea come from the new staff except possibly conpanions.

As for open mic?  That was the Home staff's own falt that it was taken away.  DAY 1:  Of the open beta I started posting that there need's to be a clear set of rules for Home.  People where saying what ever they wanted to say on the open mic's and the Mod's could do nothing about it seeing how there was NOTHING saying they could not do just that. 

I remember being on Home one day and one guy keep useing the "N"  word (bad black person name) wich is not a cool but the guy he was fighting with keep useing the "C" word (Bad white person name) the white guy calling the black guy the "N" word ended up getting a ban from Home but nothing ended up happing to the black guy calling the white guy the "C" word.  How is that fair who know's but on the other hand there where no rules for Home at that point in time.  Soon after that we lost open mic's.

I know exactly why nothing happened to the other guy.  That "C" word isn't a bad white person name.  That's the "H" one.

Also, we need those shrinking potions.  It was such a cool concept.

Yes, I did create that game on the Vita you probably never heard of.
Message 14 of 22 (242 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3075 posts

Nov 8, 2012

There's an elephant room item? And someone doesn't want their's in their personal space? Sorry I only read the title of this thread. Man Tongue

bobs fed signature
Message 15 of 22 (210 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3075 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 8, 2012

Sorry double posted here. My bad.

bobs fed signature
Message 16 of 22 (183 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

Nov 8, 2012

goodSuM wrote:
I know exactly why nothing happened to the other guy.  That "C" word isn't a bad white person name.  That's the "H" one.

Also, we need those shrinking potions.  It was such a cool concept.

Was that just a bad joke?  The C word is considered just as bad as the N word.  So if one people got ban they should have both got ban.

Folding@home Team #118000
GAPHome

General

Message 17 of 22 (161 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
9504 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 8, 2012
Crackers! ^_^
Support Forums
Message 18 of 22 (130 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2394 posts

Nov 8, 2012

King0fHearts2007 wrote:

Was that just a bad joke?  The C word is considered just as bad as the N word.  So if one people got ban they should have both got ban.

I'm just saying from a technical standpoint.  Technically, the C word should be offensive to the other group, considering what it meant to crack a whip, in context.  I really hope I don't come off as racist.

But yeah, thinking about it.  It's not just the word, but what the user meant when he said it, so I agree now that both should have gotten banned if one did.

Yes, I did create that game on the Vita you probably never heard of.
Message 19 of 22 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
10662 posts

Nov 8, 2012
Do you guys remember the little cracker packets that came with the cheese and the little red swab sticks? Oh god those were so good Smiley Tongue
New PSN ID for PS4: Redd-Axel

Come check out my Twitch TV channel, will be streaming various PS4 games from time to time http://www.twitch.tv/reddaxel
Message 20 of 22 (101 Views)
0 Likes