photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png
Message 71 of 88 (461 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1464 posts

Re: [Theory] 2014 is PS Home's final year

[ Edited ]
Mar 1, 2014

I loved how a couple people (and I'm sure more later) lauded Danger Dad's obsequious, pro-Sony post but completely ignored my counterpoints. 

"One cannot please everyone, and one shouldn't try?" The direction Home is going now, it's clear they can't please ANYONE, and aren't trying.

At this point in Home's lifecycle, with people leaving Home for the "holy trinity" of GTAV/FFXIV/PS4, and with everything else going on with Sony as evidenced in nagon's post, they stand to lose NOTHING by bringing back old spaces, events and old firsty party items. The only have the potential to attract new members and bring back old ones who may end up getting hooked again, thus they only stand to gain a profit, not a loss..

If you don't believe that, you are narrow minded and short sighted, thinking that "Sony knows best". Clearly they don't, or PS Home would not be in the pitiful state it's in now, and would not have lost so many people.

Sure those people would still be engaged with the aforementioned  "holy trinity". However, if my suggestions for Home were implemented, I'm certain that those people would at least stop by Home once in a while, instead of NEVER coming back due to how stale and BORING it currently is.

Also, I didn't mention it previously, but these are not just my own "selfish" views. They are compiled from a list of ongoing requests/complaints from various people in-Home, on the forum, and on my friends list. I have quite a few friends who left Home outright, rarely visit, or don't spend anymore money due to the reasons I stated in my initial post. There were tons of requests for SCEJ/SCEE clothes and items, and bringing back old spaces/events on this forum, and still are.

The people who are passionate about Home are the ones requesting these things, so they are the ones Sony should be listening to. They are, and have experience in-world with, ACTUAL USERS, rather then just looking at some meaningless aggregate data and projected statistics from some suits who have never even once played PS Home .

NOTE: THE FOLLOWING COMMENT IS ONLY DIRECTED TOWARDS PEOPLE WHO MAY ATTEMPT TO JUSTIFY OR COVER FOR SONY'S BUSINESS DECISIONS REGARDING PSHOME. IT IS NOT DIRECTED TOWARDS PEOPLE SIMPLY ENJOYING PSHOME FOR WHAT IT IS. Really, I'd like to see someone attempt counter any of my points made in this post. Doing so will only prove you are a sycophant who can't think outside of the cold, sterile box that Sony provided you. Your steadfast dedication to their horrendous business decisions without speaking up or expressing dissatisfaction is not admirable, it's sad, and it's one of the the reasons why PS Home has gone downhill, and will continue to until it shuts down. 

If more people spoke up instead of defending Sony, or instead of being apathetic/indfiferent, maybe PS Home would be in a better state right now. 

Message 72 of 88 (444 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4410 posts

Feb 28, 2014

Why can't everyone just accept Home for it's current situation and continue to enjoy it or leave it alone until it's inevitable demise?

A 7 year service mile is mighty impressive, something not to be scoffed at as far as MMO's and virtual worlds go. It's had a good run but it's best not to kid ourselves.

I say the above with neither a for or against position on the subject. Worth bearing in mind that pessimism isn't necessarily negative bias and misplaced optimism isn't always the words of a "sycophant" (sorry, Danger_Dad). Yes there are plenty of people who get a weird kick out of the idea of Home closing, and a fair few "Home evangelists" that hope "keeping it real" and "being positive" will "get them somewhere". All those opinions, bizaree agendas and personal dramas that people distract themselves with on this matter do not change the fact Home maybe has a year left.

It's time for you all to start thinking what you will do when it closes.I advise that because I was in a world where they denied the world was closing until a fortnight beforehand and it literally ruined some peoples' lives. Granted, they were already ruined through inadequacy and the addiction that world gave them by providing an emotional crutch but some people IIRC fell into ill health, breakdowns, marriage trouble etc. etc. so please give it some thought.

Jersquall: Any new news on Home on PS4 yet?

Tempest_Fire: Due to a shifting landscape, PlayStation Home will cease publishing new content on November 12, 2014.

@conrad_max

Message 73 of 88 (415 Views)
Fender Bender
1570 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 2, 2014

Tarazuma wrote:

I loved how a couple people (and I'm sure more later) lauded Danger Dad's obsequious, pro-Sony post but completely ignored my counterpoints. 

"One cannot please everyone, and one shouldn't try?" The direction Home is going now, it's clear they can't please ANYONE, and aren't trying.

At this point in Home's lifecycle, with people leaving Home for the "holy trinity" of GTAV/FFXIV/PS4, and with everything else going on with Sony as evidenced in nagon's post, they stand to lose NOTHING by bringing back old spaces, events and old firsty party items. The only have the potential to attract new members and bring back old ones who may end up getting hooked again, thus they only stand to gain a profit, not a loss..

If you don't believe that, you are narrow minded and short sighted, thinking that "Sony knows best". Clearly they don't, or PS Home would not be in the pitiful state it's in now, and would not have lost so many people.

Sure those people would still be engaged with the aforementioned  "holy trinity". However, if my suggestions for Home were implemented, I'm certain that those people would at least stop by Home once in a while, instead of NEVER coming back due to how stale and BORING it currently is.

Also, I didn't mention it previously, but these are not just my own "selfish" views. They are compiled from a list of ongoing requests/complaints from various people in-Home, on the forum, and on my friends list. I have quite a few friends who left Home outright, rarely visit, or don't spend anymore money due to the reasons I stated in my initial post. There were tons of requests for SCEJ/SCEE clothes and items, and bringing back old spaces/events on this forum, and still are.

The people who are passionate about Home are the ones requesting these things, so they are the ones Sony should be listening to. They are, and have experience in-world with, ACTUAL USERS, rather then just looking at some meaningless aggregate data and projected statistics from some suits who have never even once played PS Home .

Really, I'd like to see someone attempt counter any of my points made in this post. Doing so will only prove you are a sycophant who can't think outside of the cold, sterile box that Sony provided you. Your steadfast dedication to their horrendous business decisions without speaking up or expressing dissatisfaction is not admirable, it's sad, and it's one of the the reasons why PS Home has gone downhill, and will continue to until it shuts down.

If more people spoke up instead of defending Sony, or instead of being apathetic/indfiferent, maybe PS Home would be in a better state right now. 

Tarazuma, Although I have enjoyed many of your posts in the past, I hesitate to add to this conversation. Mostly based on your opinion highlighted above. None of us know what the future holds. Sony is not required to share their business plan with us. Although it would behoove them to share something, which might stop all this needless back biting among Home users and forum members plus retain Home customers. 

Yes there are very real issues that include broken games, ISE/ICE, dns attacks, freezers, etc. Lack of content is a real concern as well. But whether we are pessimists, optimists, or realist; what happens to Home is out of our control. Just my humble opinion. Admonishing others who have an alternate opinion is not the way to encourage open exchange here on the forum.

Many of us have offered advice, opinions, and suggestions as to how to improve Home. We have posted issues in the support forum and followed up with new forum members who have questions. Also many forum members have held contests, events, and charity functions to add positively to the Home community. Blaming users for Home failing is just wrong in my opinion.

Yes, possibly Rome is burning and we are playing the fiddle. Some of us are just weary of the continued discourse and are trying to enjoy our time on the forum, Home, and playing games on our PS3/PS4. I do applaud your passion and love for what Home could and should be.  Smiley Happy Mur

Posted Image
Message 74 of 88 (405 Views)
Gaming Beast
1464 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 28, 2014

Nice post Mur, I can understand where you are coming from and you offer a balanced viewpoint like a few other people who have posted on here.

Just to clarify, I actually have no problem with people continuing to enjoy their time on Home despite it's problems. That last post I made was mainly directed towards people trying to cover for or defend Sony, which I just can't respect, especially at this point. But I certainly respect people's decisions to enjoy what we currently have, as I'll still be on Home until it closes anyways. Just..less, and not spending as much unless it turns around.

Message 75 of 88 (371 Views)
I Only Post Everything
628 posts

Feb 28, 2014
I think we can all agree on one thing at this point. We all love/loved Home at one point, but absolute hate what it's become. A big money ditch that people throw their dollars into every week. The increase in pessimism and concerned posts shows that much at least.

As for "wanting Home to die", I wouldn't mind if they were to scrap the service they have now and come up with something new with the software they have available today. It's just sad to see this vegetable being kept alive, it's going nowhere.
Message 76 of 88 (357 Views)
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

Feb 28, 2014

''Really, I'd like to see someone attempt counter any of my points made in this post. Doing so will only prove you are a sycophant who can't think outside of the cold, sterile box that Sony provided you.''

Post like these have kept me from posting from post one onward. You have already made up your mind so the end. Not fair at all but hey, it's your thread Smiley Wink

HomeStationMagazine
Message 77 of 88 (348 Views)
Fender Bender
2760 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 28, 2014

@Tarazuma
I am quite curious about a few things. When you sat down to organize your thoughts for this thread, what were you hoping to achieve with this thread ?

What single event prompted you to write this thread? After all, this could have been written at any time in the last few months, why now ?

Who is your real intended audience, Sony or the Forum users ?

@ReddAxel

Do not put words in my mouth. I do not agree. I am currently relatively happy with Home. Nothing lasts forever. But I live in the moment, not the unknown future or the unchangable past.

Posted Image

Message 78 of 88 (310 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3107 posts

Mar 1, 2014

Jersquall wrote:

''Really, I'd like to see someone attempt counter any of my points made in this post. Doing so will only prove you are a sycophant who can't think outside of the cold, sterile box that Sony provided you.''

Post like these have kept me from posting from post one onward. You have already made up your mind so the end. Not fair at all but hey, it's your thread Smiley Wink

Sadly Jers the Forums are full of these ! 

original.gif

"Honestly it wasn't suggestive at all it was quite blatant!"
I like R2 options!
Message 79 of 88 (251 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3107 posts

Mar 1, 2014

ITCOB1 wrote:

@Tarazuma
I am quite curious about a few things. When you sat down to organize your thoughts for this thread, what were you hoping to achieve with this thread ?

What single event prompted you to write this thread? After all, this could have been written at any time in the last few months, why now ?

Who is your real intended audience, Sony or the Forum users ?

@ReddAxel

Do not put words in my mouth. I do not agree. I am currently relatively happy with Home. Nothing lasts forever. But I live in the moment, not the unknown future or the unchangable past.

¿Errrm? looking aback thru the post I don't see you say that but then again Axle never mentioned anyone in his post! So how about you stop putting words in other peoples mouths just a thought!

original.gif

"Honestly it wasn't suggestive at all it was quite blatant!"
I like R2 options!
Message 80 of 88 (247 Views)
0 Likes