PlayStation MVP
29264 posts

Re: [Theory] 2014 is PS Home's final year

Feb 26, 2014

I have to admit the pessimism around here lately is pretty depressing.

Message 41 of 88 (450 Views)
Fender Bender
2279 posts

Feb 26, 2014

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Hi Jo! Hope you're good. I hate to say it, but Sony asks for it with the way they handle things. Good, effective communication, especially about the future of what a lot of people have dumped a lot of cash into, would have helped to eliminate so much of the unpleasant stuff on these forums over the years. Some of it is just separation anxiety after people realize the reality of things as well. 

I think myself and a lot of other people I know are pretty much over it now anyways. 

http://www.yourpshome.net/f2/
Message 42 of 88 (436 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
5320 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 26, 2014

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Im happy If this year were to be HOME's last i'm riding off on a train. After 5 years ofwaiting i get train.  World is coming to end ISE and freezers run rampant,Giftmachine being hardwired to attack us. Who cares about all that stuff when i finally get train space :smileyvery-happy: Be it 1year or 5 years i get to have train space happy happy joy joy

images.jpg

Message 43 of 88 (428 Views)
Gaming Beast
1464 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 26, 2014

ITCOB1 wrote:

I've noticed that a couple of users have posted very negative comments about Home in multiple threads today. I have to wonder, do those users really want Home to survive? The posting of constant negative comments does not motivate anyone at Sony to be proactive. But, those comments MAY discourage new users from supporting Home.

Sony finally got RC Racers {a Heavy Water developed game} and Cutthroats fixed recently. The Home Challenges are certainly a proactive attempt to increase Home user traffic and promote interest in Home. We as users need to do our part too.

Encourage your gaming friends to install and frequent Home. Those of us who want home to survive, need to positively support Home, not continually tear it down. My theory is that not all users who say they care about Home really do. My theory is that a lot of Home users actually want to tear it down.

I've BEEN supporting Home and trying to get my friends to come off FFXIV and such. Feb 2013, and then September-December 2013, I was very pro-home, and I spent crazy amounts of money. I was very optimistic about Home and it's future, and was sick of people making negative comments about ps home, since PSH was so good at the time.

But then after the New Year, all that momentum came to an abrupt halt. Peakvox left, GZ is all but inactive, the content updates are threadbare at best, they refuse to bring back old first party spaces and events, they refuse to bring back old first party items or import the SCEJ and SCEE items, questions about Home's future and inventory management are answered with "No information to share at this time". Freezers are running rampant, people are exploiting paid content from the gifters, and nothing's being done about it. 

How anyone can remain optimistic in all of this is beyond me. What good is it supporting Home when the higher ups obviously aren't listening? They don't care how well, or how poorly Home is performing. Otherwise, all my proactive efforts to get more people to join and my $200.00 a month spending in 2013 should've resulted in 2014 carrying on that momentum.

It's an uphill battle to get Home to turn around at this point. Sony clearly wants all the focus to be on their stupid PS4, so Home is getting neglected regardless of what we do, or don't do. A lot of people got their hopes up for more Star Trek outfits and items today, and those were delayed, and the people who were looking forward to buying those don't want to buy anything else (myself included). See what I mean? They don't care how delaying an item affects us. All they care about is whatever stupid reason they delayed it for (probably to promote the various sales going on)

I also probably would've bought those new dances in X7, because how awesome would a Gorn dancing to K-pop be? But nope, no Gorn=no sales from me. At all. It's not just me that's like this either, a lot of people get turned off by these lackluster updates and don't want to buy ANYTHING. So the Home management team's stupid decisions hurt various developers as well, and I'm sure the devs are fed up with it as well, hence them moving on to various other projects.

@Joanna_Dark_Not as depressing as the "updates" over the past 2 months and complete lack of communication from the staff.

Message 44 of 88 (419 Views)
Fender Bender
2591 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 26, 2014

It does seem pessimistic at times. But... how many islands can a person own? Or any other spaces that are similar. Maybe that's part of the pessimism/boredom. Re-skinning? Nah, maybe running out of ideas.

SONY not communicating well that's for sure. I remember there was a SONY employee on the forums (forgot name, Cyd?) that suggested constructive communication and criticism. 

It's OK to complain about things. SONY and devs want to know what we want or what's wrong. At least hopefully they do.

We do use pretty strong language at times or have attitudes that are maybe too tough. But that's a two way street once in awhile. I started a thread on what someone said calling some forumers names. That thread is over and done but it hurt a dev at least in my case. I can't now have any fun at their places. :smileysad: That's not good public relations or constructive criticism calling people names... by any one.

Cutthroats. Nothing much to be said there except after eight months it's back. Complaining works in my opinion. Yay for those who did. Have fun boom boom booming! :smileyhappy:

We see the occasional post about people who have personal problems and talk about them, some that have nothing to do directly with HOME. Good luck and I have HOME helps anyone with problems. I chose not to detail any problems I have except to say that my negative perception of HOME is in part due to undetailed problems. HOME helps.

I enjoy dolphy racing, still at FUBAR even though I made the highest level (I can score higher still in points), and Bramblenook Farm which is fun. And HOME TYCOON has been fun since the helicopters arrived. I'm enjoying building some new living areas, cities and villages, which includes revamping some of them. Or just plain visiting.

Some of the developers I don't care for. I will say I am surprised that Hudson Dolphy Races runs as well as it does.

I like Game Mechanics and whoever made HOME TYCOON, the Star Trek private space (yeah, it's cheesy), and JAM for their garage. I remember when the cars from Game Mechanics didn't work so GM notified JAM (as I understand it) and now the GM racing cars start up. They don't work completely well which is why I have a racer up on the rack. Imagination, eh?:smileywink:

I get frustrated when I have problems on HOME but there's things to do that are fun.

For those who don't like the way some of complain about the problems, well, tough! I think at least sometimes we get results. And some of us even apologize when we're wrong. Even SONY at least at times.

For those who are playing Final Fantays or that shooting murderous game well more power to you. Hey! This PS3 might not do everything anymore, but it is a gaming machine.

And I enjoyed listening to music on one of the music apps, it's a free one and I forget the name.

Have fun, and if something's wrong, say so any old way you want. But don't forget to say you might be wrong and at least for public relations purposes remember to occasionally say "I''m sorry."

I guess I'm being a bit of a wind bag but I'm not four sheets to the wind. Just tired and worn out.  

Born in the U.S.A. - Bruce Springsteen
trolling is for fishing, not the forums

Message 45 of 88 (401 Views)
PlayStation MVP
29264 posts

Feb 26, 2014

TSFRJ wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Im happy If this year were to be HOME's last i'm riding off on a train. After 5 years ofwaiting i get train.  World is coming to end ISE and freezers run rampant,Giftmachine being hardwired to attack us. Who cares about all that stuff when i finally get train space :smileyvery-happy: Be it 1year or 5 years i get to have train space happy happy joy joy

So awesome they are making that for you. Hopefully you won't be disappointed and it'll be what you'd like it to be. :smileyhappy:

Message 46 of 88 (394 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1464 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 26, 2014

Nice post, @Kid_Fleetfoot 

Now that you mention it, it's true that the squeaky wheel gets the oil, and I guess this topic of mine could be considered me squeaking loudly.

Contrary to what a lot of the more sycophantic members think, or have thought in the past, complaining about Home isn't going to make the higher ups say "look at those whiny brats! NO UPDATES FOR THEM!"

Some people apparently need to be reminded Home is a business, not a charity they are keeping alive for our benefit out of the goodness of their hearts.

If anything, they will look at these posts and see what they are doing wrong, and actively work to fix it, giving the customers what they want. That is, if they were a good business.

At this point, I don't think they are paying attention AT ALL.

Message 47 of 88 (389 Views)
Fender Bender
2591 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 27, 2014

Tarazuma wrote:

Nice post, @Kid_Fleetfoot 

Now that you mention it, it's true that the squeaky wheel gets the oil, and I guess this topic of mine could be considered me squeaking loudly.

Contrary to what a lot of the more sycophantic members think, or have thought in the past, complaining about Home isn't going to make the higher ups say "look at those whiny brats! NO UPDATES FOR THEM!"

Some people apparently need to be reminded Home is a business, not a charity they are keeping alive for our benefit out of the goodness of their hearts.

If anything, they will look at these posts and see what they are doing wrong, and actively work to fix it, giving the customers what they want. That is, if they were a good business.

At this point, I don't think they are paying attention AT ALL.

TY for the compliment. 

I don't think you're squeaking (speaking) too loudly, not at all.

Whether SONY or devs are paying attention, I don't know. I think they are. As for results, that's a differen story and matter of perspective.

If this is the last year I've been elsewhere where something ended. People wanted it and both loved and hated it. It got out of date and people sure got mad. And then it ended. I thought the ending was going to be pretty at all but when the official announcment came, most people I think went out with class.

This next year will be interesting that's for sure. 

Maybe we will all take the same train out? We'll see.

I had a bit of fun at Cutthroats. SONY and devs made an effort out of a bad situation. Some were drinking too much rum and others waiting for the train. Either way, chug chug :smileywink:

Born in the U.S.A. - Bruce Springsteen
trolling is for fishing, not the forums

Message 48 of 88 (375 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
143 posts

Feb 27, 2014

@Tarazuma 

I read through ur whole post & i would like to point a few things  The Star Trek stuff that was post on the european update was stuff US Home aready has we had it for like 2 months now. european home just now getting it.

[B]They REFUSE to bring back old first party items, spaces and events (sorry, but you're going to hear it for the millionth time: CP needs to return).[/B] 

I as a regular home user dont really care if they dont bring old stuff if its limited time then its limited time get over it. As for CP If  you miss CP go to SP or YETI Vs Hunter spaces.

[B]They patch stuff like private server and other harmless things that people enjoyed and caused them to WANT to use home more, but yet....

-Freezers run rampant despite the damage it can cause to hard drives, and people can just ISE gifter items for free, devaluing them and hurting developer sales. Nothing has been done about either.[/B

Im glad sony patched the private servers as for the freezers actually i havent been frozen much the past two weeks u just gotta know when to leave when the freezers are around.

[B] And as much as I hate Nintendo, I hate what Sony is doing to Home more. PS4 and XBONE aren't even considerations for me, so looks like I'll be giving my business to Nintendo real soon.[/B] 

I was reading along tell this sentence. You Hate Sony so much now & what they did w/ PsHome that you refuse to a Ps4 lmfao so sad.

Message 49 of 88 (347 Views)
Gaming Beast
1464 posts

Feb 27, 2014

Meh, don't feel like arguing, but just pointing out one thing here. This was the third wave of Star Trek items that was supposed to be released today, the original series outfits as well as a Gorn outfit and Vulcan ears, hair and salute. They weren't released in EU either today.

I'm not even a Star Trek fan, but I REALLY wanted the Gorn outfit and a lot of my friends wanted the other new Star Trek stuff. They made a stupid move not releasing them, so I bought nothing today, and neither did several of my friends. I'm sure plenty of other people didn't buy anything either judging by the forum posts.

Oh and I've said it before, but there are no games I want on PS4 anyways. IF I ever get one, it'll be YEARS from now. 

Message 50 of 88 (327 Views)
0 Likes