Sackboy
280 posts

Re: [Theory] 2014 is PS Home's final year

Feb 26, 2014

don't understand why Sony would invest so much money creating such an awesome virtual world that is loved by so many people around the world without at least making some effort to promote it.

I can't recall the last time I saw Home promoted anywhere in the daming world.

Message 31 of 88 (416 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1406 posts

Feb 26, 2014
I agree Jake. Home has so much potential. If only they had a different driving force. Home users aee the most committed and passionate users i have ever seen... too bad they are in Sony's blindspot.
Message 32 of 88 (406 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4550 posts

Feb 26, 2014

Home is so forgotten about, that they'll forget to take it down. Smiley LOL

But seriously, I would love to see Sony at least show that they still care about Home. It has been too long of them saying they have no new information. Either they're teasing us or really have nothing. But they really need new info to release, something positive. A patch on freezing? Bug fixes? PS4 Port? (The patch and fixes need to happen before the port though) That's all I ask from Sony. Something new on Home. Hopefully 2014 isn't the end.

<

photo evolve_zps9e0e8f3e.jpg

Welcoming Committee   

Message 33 of 88 (395 Views)
Gaming Beast
1569 posts

Feb 26, 2014
I too think it would suck if they did shut down Home. I too am an avid user. This brings me back to a post I made a while back stating it would be foolish (I'll now say retarded) for Sony to kill their cash cow. It's like having a source of income that makes up a successfully decent percentage of overall revenue, but not appreciating the positive revenue nor the customers who spent their hard earned cash supporting the Home brand. To me that's just being ungrateful.

Sony, many of us have shown you much love and loyalty, where's your loyalty to us in return? Do you even care about us anymore? Yeah, it's more of a rhetorical question, but you get the idea.
Message 34 of 88 (376 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1118 posts

Feb 26, 2014

King_xO-AsSaSSin wrote:

But seriously, I would love to see Sony at least show that they still care about Home. It has been too long of them saying they have no new information. Either they're teasing us or really have nothing. But they really need new info to release, something positive. A patch on freezing? Bug fixes? PS4 Port? (The patch and fixes need to happen before the port though) That's all I ask from Sony. Something new on Home. Hopefully 2014 isn't the end.

To me lately, it just seems like, buy this item, because you will look cool if you don't.  They got rid of the Message of Day and now it's a video message, which I really don't watch.  For one, they are using a VOICE throw over.  It's only about money to them and they have completely forgotten where they came from!!!  

photo 90years_zps08bfda1e.png
Message 35 of 88 (369 Views)
Gaming Beast
1569 posts

Feb 26, 2014
Lil_Bruin_77 wrote:

To me lately, it just seems like, buy this item, because you will look cool if you don't. They got rid of the Message of Day and now it's a video message, which I really don't watch. For one, they are using a VOICE throw over. It's only about money to them and they have completely forgotten where they came from!!!

And yet they stand to LOSE money by dissing their loyal Home customers. Ironic, isn't it? Smiley Very Happy
Message 36 of 88 (360 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13187 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 26, 2014

Lil_Bruin_77 wrote:

King_xO-AsSaSSin wrote:

To me lately, it just seems like, buy this item, because you will look cool if you don't.  They got rid of the Message of Day and now it's a video message, which I really don't watch.  For one, they are using a VOICE throw over.  It's only about money to them and they have completely forgotten where they came from!!!  

actually the Message of the Day is moved to News Viewer...its on the left side.

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png
Message 37 of 88 (335 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
940 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 26, 2014

XrazgarX wrote:

asfghjklEU wrote:

XrazgarX wrote:

asfghjklEU wrote:

Tarazuma wrote:

Sure, many people would just ISE the peakvox monster and upgraded labs rewards. But they'd still make a decent profit from me and the other "whales" of home who don't use ISE and prefer to earn the rewards themselves, purchasing upgrades to do so. It's better to make SOME profit then NONE at all.

I didn't reply in the previous post about peakvox monster, but it seems you think it cost nothing to bring stuff. They do have it in JP, but that doesn't mean the cost is 0 for US/EU. First it needs to be localized, and from looking at previous attempts, it took them about 1 year to do it. If say 1 employee was doing the localization and assuming he makes $30,000 a year, that will be the minimum cost without adding any Sony contract fees, server fees, license fees, or whatever fees that needs to be added. So when O-Two looked at numbers, they probably saw the cost ($30,000 + fees) outweigh the sales.

It seems to me that you missed what they were arguing about they are talking about people who steal items via ISE and ICE! when people do that the devs and sony make no money! at least thats what I think they were saying! 

If you read Tarazuma's post made here: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home/Peakvox-monster-in-NA/m-p/42948037#M1348218, this quote "Better then making no money at all by not releasing it here..."  and the statements made here made me think she didn't factor any cost at all. And with ISE and ICE going around, O-Two probably prejected a loss and the reason to not work on it.

actually I read it and I did not get that impression at all! and I think with the ISE and ICE thing was a point Tara was trying to make! in this thread but why dreg up another thread just to prove a point! Im not saying that you are wrong or right about the ISE and ICE playing a factor in all this! what Tara is sudgesting is that it will play a factor in Homes downfall! as much as I love Home I think its in its last days! 

Actually she did admit it in a few post up. She believed it cost nothing. So her reasoning was that even if she was the only one paying $100, peakvox would have made a profit of $100. So she though it will still be a win-win for peakvox and for the users that wants the item even with the ISE or ICE going on. My argument comes where if it takes at least $30,000 for peakvox to bring it here and her being the only one paying, then it's a lost of $29,900 for peakvox.

Message 38 of 88 (310 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2280 posts

Feb 26, 2014

jake_nightly wrote:

don't understand why Sony would invest so much money creating such an awesome virtual world that is loved by so many people around the world without at least making some effort to promote it.

I can't recall the last time I saw Home promoted anywhere in the daming world.

Good point jake. To me, it says a lot about their (lack of) expectectations and committment to Home....from the start. Sony definitely knows what marketing and advertising are all about--to not have any for Home over the years says a whole lot about their stance on their own product. Personally, I now believe it was never intended to live past the PS3---it was a money making experiment for them. Nothing more, nothing less. 

To be clear, I think the technology of Home is awesome and  most of the people I've met in Home are awesome. Unfortunately and I'm sorry to say, Home being a Sony product is not so awesome. 

be-da-bee....that's all folks!  Smiley Happy

http://www.yourpshome.net/f2/
Message 39 of 88 (309 Views)
Fender Bender
2760 posts

Feb 26, 2014

I've noticed that a couple of users have posted very negative comments about Home in multiple threads today. I have to wonder, do those users really want Home to survive? The posting of constant negative comments does not motivate anyone at Sony to be proactive. But, those comments MAY discourage new users from supporting Home.

Sony finally got RC Racers {a Heavy Water developed game} and Cutthroats fixed recently. The Home Challenges are certainly a proactive attempt to increase Home user traffic and promote interest in Home. We as users need to do our part too.

Encourage your gaming friends to install and frequent Home. Those of us who want home to survive, need to positively support Home, not continually tear it down. My theory is that not all users who say they care about Home really do. My theory is that a lot of Home users actually want to tear it down.

Posted Image

Message 40 of 88 (283 Views)