Reply
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 05/27/2009
Offline
13194 posts
 

Re: [Theory] 2014 is PS Home's final year

[ Edited ]
Feb 26, 2014

HearItWow wrote:

Tarazuma wrote:

Oh I've already let it go halfway AL, I no longer care or look forward to Home updates, but I'll still use it to chat with friends, and post on the forums when I'm bored. 

 

This week was the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back and I'm going to be fully commited to WIIU soon. 

 

If they ever come out with that Steam console I might get that for indie games as well, at some point. 


Nintendo thanks you. Your decision has doubled their console sales for February. Smiley Happy

 

It's sad to see what's happened with the WiiU. So much potential, so little meaningful support, tons of questionable management decisions. Hmmm...where have we heard that before? Are you sure you're not a glutton for punishment, Tara?

 

As for Home, it's over, kids. The great innovative days when logging on to check out the new directions are done. What you've got is what you've got, minus another 10 rounds of LMOs, reskinned clothes and avatars that turn into annoying things. What was unique and exciting about Home came to an end in December, and all that's left is to ride out this year until they shut off the content spigot.

 

Maybe we'll get a decent E3, maybe we'll get another good Christmas event. Don't count on it, just be pleasantly surprised if it happens.


thank you for your honestly. thats what i feel about Wii U. heck even Yoshida-san mention about Wii-U's failure

Message 21 of 88 (428 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 05/27/2009
Offline
13194 posts
 

Re: [Theory] 2014 is PS Home's final year

Feb 26, 2014

Tarazuma wrote:

Ok, that video was sort of cool. Question, can you play in online mode as a custom character all by yourself (with no randoms joining) and just wander around? If so I could consider it.


off-topic time. 

 

I think you can via Pause Menu

 


Tarazuma wrote:

 

And the reason I won't get a PS4 even with the indie games is because I don't want to support Sony anymore for killing PS Home like this. Maybe years down the road I'll buy a PS4, but not anytime soon.



SEE WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT. ALL BECAUSE OF PS HOME DYING!? THATS STUPID. we could just blame London Studio and the rest of the Home US Team for that. heck even Europe still doing great with their recently promotion 300 sequel

Message 22 of 88 (419 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 06/30/2011
Offline
1464 posts
 

Re: [Theory] 2014 is PS Home's final year

[ Edited ]
Feb 26, 2014

HearItWow wrote:
Nintendo thanks you. Your decision has doubled their console sales for February. Smiley Happy

 

It's sad to see what's happened with the WiiU. So much potential, so little meaningful support, tons of questionable management decisions. Hmmm...where have we heard that before? Are you sure you're not a glutton for punishment, Tara?


 

Oh trust me, I hate Nintendo just as much, for their censorship, region locking, and EU/JP prefferential treatment. But there's 3 games I REALLY want coming out for it, that's more then I can say for PS4 and XBONE combined, so...not much choice in my case.

Message 23 of 88 (418 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 06/18/2011
Offline
2760 posts
 

Re: [Theory] 2014 is PS Home's final year

Feb 26, 2014

Sigh. I disagree. 

 

I remember plenty of weekly updates over the years without exciting content releases. We have lost some Developers but we have recently gained some new ones. The Home Challenges have brought back a number of users. I have witnessed an influx of new users. I actually see an increased active user base.

 

My theory is that some users are just tired of Home and do not know how to let go and do something else for a while. Home seems alive and well to me. 

 

 

Posted Image

 
Message 24 of 88 (405 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 10/15/2009
Offline
2781 posts
 

Re: [Theory] 2014 is PS Home's final year

Feb 26, 2014
I, like most people who enjoy Home, am very concerned about Homes future. I enjoy it too much, and to watch it fade away will be a very sad day.

My feelings if Home will survive or not seems to change each day, sometimes I get optimistic, other times I feel it's only a matter of time.

But one thing I do hold hope on is how Home seems to be doing fairly well in the EU. Another promotion with 300 to go alongside several others recently seem to show a fresh breath of air over there.

I'm actually getting concerned that maybe NA will fall like JP and Asia, with just EU remaining, but then I find it hard to believe that they would shutdown to such a large consumer base in NA yet still keep EU running.

I really don't know what's going to happen, my post alone is full of contradictions, but I will try to continue to support the Devs as they release items I like. Novus, DL, nDreams, VeeMee etc are being let down by Sony, they deserve FAR more than that for continuing to support Home like they are so as long as they continue making content I enjoy, then I will continue to support them and buy it.

I have no intention of leaving Home, or the Forums (sorry, y'all stuck with me!), and hope maybe one day all of us will be rewarded to here Home will be on the PS4. If not, then I guess I'll be going down with this ship.
Message 25 of 88 (384 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 03/25/2009
Offline
2280 posts
 

Re: [Theory] 2014 is PS Home's final year

[ Edited ]
Feb 26, 2014

Tarazuma wrote:

Ok, that video was sort of cool. Question, can you play in online mode as a custom character all by yourself (with no randoms joining) and just wander around? If so I could consider it.

 


Sure you can. That's part of the beauty of the game--it allows you those options if you want to eliminate the rif-raff and/or just simply wander around and enjoy the most realistic and dynamic virtual world that you will ever see. There are solo and friends-only online server options, as well as the single player campaign--both with great character customization. I'm not here to promote or sell GTAV by any means, but it truly is THE best looking and most complete video game I've ever played. For anyone who has a pre-conceived notion of what it's all about and hasn't tried it, I would definitely recommend giving it a go if you are looking for something to replace your Home time with.    



http://www.yourpshome.net/f2/
Message 26 of 88 (379 Views)
Gaming Beast
Registered: 06/30/2011
Offline
1464 posts
 

Re: [Theory] 2014 is PS Home's final year

[ Edited ]
Feb 26, 2014

ITCOB1 wrote:

Sigh. I disagree. 

 

I remember plenty of weekly updates over the years without exciting content releases. We have lost some Developers but we have recently gained some new ones. The Home Challenges have brought back a number of users. I have witnessed an influx of new users. I actually see an increased active user base.

 

My theory is that some users are just tired of Home and do not know how to let go and do something else for a while. Home seems alive and well to me. 

 


There have been update droughts in the past (last summer was even worse then the past 2 months) but like I said, it's not just that. Too many people have been put off by the lack of new content, on top of being interested in GTAV/FF14/PS4. Those 3 things alone caused at least half of Home's userbase to drop, I'm sure.

 

There's also no way to ignore the rise of freezing and gift machine exploiting over the past few months. The people in charge of Home obviously don't seem to care about it as it's still ongoing,

 

You also can't discount the fact that we haven't been getting any REAL events. Instead of Pier Park valentine's from 2013 being brought back, we got a stupid fetch quest for reskinned LKWD items that was completed in 5 minutes. Acorn Park's seasonal spaces are lovely, but there isn't anything to actually DO, like past events.

 

Devs are also losing interest in Home as can be plainly seen from the insane amount of reskins, devs like GZ being all but inactive, and peakvox outright abandoning us.

 

And of course, NO ONE with even a moderately sized inventory can turn a blind eye to inventory management and load times. It's beyond outrageous. Instead a simple delete option, we're just expected to deal with the mountains of unwanted rewards and purchases and the horrendous loading times just to buy a single item.

 

Home may currently still have a moderately sizable active userbase, but I'm sure it's only a fraction of what it was in Feb 2013 (one of the best month's in Home's history...ever)

 

And challenges do bring people to Home, but not as many as you'd think. And some of them just do daily challenges and quit. The seasons also drag on for 18 more days then is really neccessary (30 would be enough, IMO) so if people are mainly coming on for the challenges, once they reach tier 5, there's little incentive to come back. I've seen it happen with my own friends as well.

Message 27 of 88 (354 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
Registered: 02/15/2003
Online
29228 posts
 

Re: [Theory] 2014 is PS Home's final year

[ Edited ]
Feb 26, 2014

I think for some responders here it is more wishful thinking than theory.

 

Personally I am still having a blast on Home. I still find new things to do, while continuing to enjoy the old ones. I don't spend money all the time, but I do once in a while. It's not the spending that makes Home exciting for me. It's the community and how I/we spend time in Home.

 

I do believe Home will be around a very long time after some of the responders here have left for other programs or platforms that will hopefully make them happier.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 28 of 88 (334 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 03/25/2009
Offline
2280 posts
 

Re: [Theory] 2014 is PS Home's final year

[ Edited ]
Feb 26, 2014

Tarazuma wrote:

ITCOB1 wrote:

Sigh. I disagree. 

 

I remember plenty of weekly updates over the years without exciting content releases. We have lost some Developers but we have recently gained some new ones. The Home Challenges have brought back a number of users. I have witnessed an influx of new users. I actually see an increased active user base.

 

My theory is that some users are just tired of Home and do not know how to let go and do something else for a while. Home seems alive and well to me. 

 


There have been update droughts in the past (last summer was even worse then the past 2 months) but like I said, it's not just that. Too many people have been put off by the lack of new content, on top of being interested in GTAV/FF14/PS4. Those 3 things alone caused at least half of Home's userbase to drop, I'm sure.

 

There's also no way to ignore the rise of freezing and gift machine exploiting over the past few months. The people in charge of Home obviously don't seem to care about it as it's still ongoing,

 

You also can't discount the fact that we haven't been getting any REAL events. Instead of Pier Park valentine's from 2013 being brought back, we got a stupid fetch quest for reskinned LKWD items that was completed in 5 minutes. Acorn Park's seasonal spaces are lovely, but there isn't anything to actually DO, like past events.

 

Devs are also losing interest in Home as can be plainly seen from the insane amount of reskins, devs like GZ being all but inactive, and peakvox outright abandoning us.

 

And of course, NO ONE with even a moderately sized inventory can turn a blind eye to inventory management and load times. It's beyond outrageous. Instead a simple delete option, we're just expected to deal with the mountains of unwanted rewards and purchases and the horrendous loading times just to buy a single item.

 

Home may currently still have a moderately sizable active userbase, but I'm sure it's only a fraction of what it was in Feb 2013 (one of the best month's in Home's history...ever)

 

And challenges do bring people to Home, but not as many as you'd think. And some of them just do daily challenges and quit. The seasons also drag on for 18 more days then is really neccessary (30 would be enough, IMO) so if people are mainly coming on for the challenges, once they reach tier 5, there's little incentive to come back. I've seen it happen with my own friends as well.


Just to add a little more--I think some of the waning interest, on both the part of users and developers, has come from hacking. I know that topic is old and I have no evidence of what is has actually done to Home, but I know I'm not paying for something that someone can just get for free. Plain and simple. Also, what incentive could a developer possibly have in creating great new content only to lose half (or who knows how much) of the potential revenue from it to hackers? I just can't see it. It also creates an "unlevel" playing field in Home (which most people on the "lower" level don't appreciate), raises questions about how competent Sony is at protecting and securing their own property and causes all sorts of other problems amongst the userbase.

 

I firmly believe that hacking was a huge factor, if not the primary factor,  in SCEJ dropping their support of Home. It's just not acceptable in that society.

 

PEACE



http://www.yourpshome.net/f2/
Message 29 of 88 (328 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 09/02/2009
Offline
3497 posts
 

Re: [Theory] 2014 is PS Home's final year

Feb 26, 2014

asfghjklEU wrote:

XrazgarX wrote:

asfghjklEU wrote:

Tarazuma wrote:

 

Sure, many people would just ISE the peakvox monster and upgraded labs rewards. But they'd still make a decent profit from me and the other "whales" of home who don't use ISE and prefer to earn the rewards themselves, purchasing upgrades to do so. It's better to make SOME profit then NONE at all.

 


 

I didn't reply in the previous post about peakvox monster, but it seems you think it cost nothing to bring stuff. They do have it in JP, but that doesn't mean the cost is 0 for US/EU. First it needs to be localized, and from looking at previous attempts, it took them about 1 year to do it. If say 1 employee was doing the localization and assuming he makes $30,000 a year, that will be the minimum cost without adding any Sony contract fees, server fees, license fees, or whatever fees that needs to be added. So when O-Two looked at numbers, they probably saw the cost ($30,000 + fees) outweigh the sales.


It seems to me that you missed what they were arguing about they are talking about people who steal items via ISE and ICE! when people do that the devs and sony make no money! at least thats what I think they were saying! 

 

original.gif


If you read Tarazuma's post made here: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home/Peakvox-monster-in-NA/m-p/42948037#M1348218, this quote "Better then making no money at all by not releasing it here..."  and the statements made here made me think she didn't factor any cost at all. And with ISE and ICE going around, O-Two probably prejected a loss and the reason to not work on it.


actually I read it and I did not get that impression at all! and I think with the ISE and ICE thing was a point Tara was trying to make! in this thread but why dreg up another thread just to prove a point! Im not saying that you are wrong or right about the ISE and ICE playing a factor in all this! what Tara is sudgesting is that it will play a factor in Homes downfall! as much as I love Home I think its in its last days! 

Honestly it wasn't suggestive at all it was quite blatant!
Message 30 of 88 (313 Views)
0 Likes