Ghost of Sparta
13194 posts

Re: [Theory] 2014 is PS Home's final year

[ Edited ]
Feb 26, 2014

Tarazuma wrote:

But I also won't be spending as much time on here, other then to chat with close friends. And as much as I hate Nintendo, I hate what Sony is doing to Home more. PS4 and XBONE aren't even considerations for me, so looks like I'll be giving my business to Nintendo real soon.

You're moving to Nintendo because of your theory of "ITZ TEH END OF THE WORLD 2014" and lack of everything...

AND IT ALL BECAUSE OF THE WHOLE PS HOME REDESIGN AKA THE HUB

you know. all of you guys should really let it go...It doesn't matter if Homes coming to the end or Home on PS4 isn't going to happen. just let it go and live the rest of your life. OR just quit PS Home. sell yo PS3 and don't get neither Xbone nor PS4 just get pre-build Gaming PC/Steam Machines or Wii U. OR just go outside

Message 11 of 88 (413 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1464 posts

Feb 26, 2014

Oh I've already let it go halfway AL, I no longer care or look forward to Home updates, but I'll still use it to chat with friends, and post on the forums when I'm bored. 

This week was the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back and I'm going to be fully commited to WIIU soon. 

If they ever come out with that Steam console I might get that for indie games as well, at some point. 

Message 12 of 88 (400 Views)
I Only Post Everything
940 posts

Feb 26, 2014

XrazgarX wrote:

asfghjklEU wrote:

Tarazuma wrote:

Sure, many people would just ISE the peakvox monster and upgraded labs rewards. But they'd still make a decent profit from me and the other "whales" of home who don't use ISE and prefer to earn the rewards themselves, purchasing upgrades to do so. It's better to make SOME profit then NONE at all.

I didn't reply in the previous post about peakvox monster, but it seems you think it cost nothing to bring stuff. They do have it in JP, but that doesn't mean the cost is 0 for US/EU. First it needs to be localized, and from looking at previous attempts, it took them about 1 year to do it. If say 1 employee was doing the localization and assuming he makes $30,000 a year, that will be the minimum cost without adding any Sony contract fees, server fees, license fees, or whatever fees that needs to be added. So when O-Two looked at numbers, they probably saw the cost ($30,000 + fees) outweigh the sales.

It seems to me that you missed what they were arguing about they are talking about people who steal items via ISE and ICE! when people do that the devs and sony make no money! at least thats what I think they were saying! 

original.gif

If you read Tarazuma's post made here: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home/Peakvox-monster-in-NA/m-p/42948037#M1348218, this quote "Better then making no money at all by not releasing it here..."  and the statements made here made me think she didn't factor any cost at all. And with ISE and ICE going around, O-Two probably prejected a loss and the reason to not work on it.

Message 13 of 88 (397 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1464 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 26, 2014

asfghjklEU wrote:
If you read Tarazuma's post made here: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home/Peakvox-monster-in-NA/m-p/42948037#M1348218, this quote "Better then making no money at all by not releasing it here..."  and the statements made here made me think she didn't factor any cost at all. And with ISE and ICE going around, O-Two probably prejected a loss and the reason to not work on it.

It's true I didn't factor in a cost for monster, and that would require a lot of translation and server space. But it still doesn't explain why they won't release any more pay-only content as it requires next to no translation and sever space, so it seems like all profit even factoring in what you said.

They are already renting space for labs, ninja, and their other mall content, so why not add more items?

Message 14 of 88 (387 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13194 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 26, 2014

Tarazuma wrote:

Oh I've already let it go halfway AL, I no longer care or look forward to Home updates, but I'll still use it to chat with friends, and post on the forums when I'm bored. 

then why you created this thread this time? because you got bored?

Tarazuma wrote:

This week was the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back and I'm going to be fully commited to WIIU soon. 

meanwhile you really got tired of lack of everything Home and decided to get a Wii U instead of others? congrats getting something that many gamers don't even care and claims "DUH WII YOU DUNT HAVE ANY GAMES ON ITHAHAHAHAHAHA" stuff like that. enjoy your time.

Tarazuma wrote:

If they ever come out with that Steam console I might get that for indie games as well, at some point. 

well **bleep** you just miss out 

and third party Machines: http://kotaku.com/from-alienware-to-zotac-all-the-steam-machines-with-sp-1495960379

http://store.steampowered.com/livingroom/SteamMachines/

Message 15 of 88 (378 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
940 posts

Feb 26, 2014

Tarazuma wrote:

asfghjklEU wrote:

It's true I didn't factor in a cost for monster, and that would require a lot of translation and server space. But it still doesn't explain why they won't release any more pay-only content as it requires next to no translation and sever space, so it seems like all profit even factoring in what you said.

They are already renting space for labs, ninja, and their other mall content, so why not add more items?

That part I have no idea, but it could be contract issues. I have no idea what the breakdown of contract is for Home, but if they have something like a yearly publishing term for new item release, they might have not renewed that.

If I remember correctly, peakvox first release was in Dec 2012 in EU and Jan 2013 in US, and so far their last update was in Dec 2013 in Eu and Jan 2014 in US. So far it supports my theory, unless they bring something new soon.

Message 16 of 88 (363 Views)
Gaming Beast
1464 posts

Feb 26, 2014

al2009man wrote:

meanwhile you really got tired of lack of everything Home and decided to get a Wii U instead of others? congrats getting something that many gamers don't even care and claims "DUH WII YOU DUNT HAVE ANY GAMES ON ITHAHAHAHAHAHA" stuff like that. enjoy your time.

Al, I'm not a "bro gamer". I don't play crap like COD, GTAV, ect so I could care less that WIIU doesn't have 3rd party support for those kinds of games. 

I'm getting a WiiU for Mario Kart 8, Hyrule Warriors and maybe Smash Bros. in the mean time I'll play NES Remix and virtual console games. PS4 and XBONE don't have a single game I'm interested in, and IDC what the popular opinions of "gamerz" are.

Message 17 of 88 (354 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13194 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 26, 2014

Tarazuma wrote:

al2009man wrote:

Al, I'm not a "bro gamer". I don't play crap like COD, GTAV, ect so I could care less that WIIU doesn't have 3rd party support for those kinds of games. 

I'm getting a WiiU for Mario Kart 8, Hyrule Warriors and maybe Smash Bros. in the mean time I'll play NES Remix and virtual console games. PS4 and XBONE don't have a single game I'm interested in, and IDC what the popular opinions of "gamerz" are.

that a example im making up. but honestly as a guy who recently beat GTA V. i actually enjoy it. not actually crap if you don't look at shooting unnesary and look outside of violence you get this

also if your not interested on any games coming to PS4 nor Xbone...let look at upcoming games such as FF15,Kingdom Hearts III and Uncharted (PS4 working title)? also PS4 getting more indies games. since you mention "getting Steam Machine for Indie Game" so why not?

Message 18 of 88 (346 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Feb 26, 2014

Tarazuma wrote:

Nintendo thanks you. Your decision has doubled their console sales for February. Smiley Happy

It's sad to see what's happened with the WiiU. So much potential, so little meaningful support, tons of questionable management decisions. Hmmm...where have we heard that before? Are you sure you're not a glutton for punishment, Tara?

As for Home, it's over, kids. The great innovative days when logging on to check out the new directions are done. What you've got is what you've got, minus another 10 rounds of LMOs, reskinned clothes and avatars that turn into annoying things. What was unique and exciting about Home came to an end in December, and all that's left is to ride out this year until they shut off the content spigot.

Maybe we'll get a decent E3, maybe we'll get another good Christmas event. Don't count on it, just be pleasantly surprised if it happens.

Follow me on Twitter:
twitter.com/hearitwow

Watch past episodes:
HomeCast at HomeStation Magazine

Message 19 of 88 (340 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1464 posts

Feb 26, 2014

Ok, that video was sort of cool. Question, can you play in online mode as a custom character all by yourself (with no randoms joining) and just wander around? If so I could consider it.

And the reason I won't get a PS4 even with the indie games is because I don't want to support Sony anymore for killing PS Home like this. Maybe years down the road I'll buy a PS4, but not anytime soon.

Message 20 of 88 (328 Views)