Wastelander
751 posts

Re: Theater Exclusives Access Area

Dec 31, 2011

Well, to be honest... it's not that big of a deal too me because seriously all you are missing is two poster stands and two exit doors... I mean I don't see it as being that big of a deal. But that is just my opinion.

Message 621 of 748 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1403 posts

Dec 31, 2011

It is still there because the elitist; home's rich and famous club association sent an official letter from their lawyer to Jack Buser requesting that they want some exclusivity in home just like what they had in real life and the rope is there to stay.  Infact Sony also threw away a complimentary wizard den to them as a token of appreciation for that letter of feedback.  How's that for an answer? LOL

Message 622 of 748 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Dec 31, 2011

Conrad_Max wrote:

We have a suggestion thread/forum. Rather than complaining (which is easy), post some suggestions.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.
Get your Portable ID! http://community.us.playstation.com/thread/3883302

It's not complaining Conrad. Sorry but just because everyone here doen't always agree with the status quo and the company line that does not make it a complaint or those people complainers. We obviously know what you are going to say.

Hibana is far from a complainer. She asked a simple question about why the rope is still here. Perhaps Locust or Glasswalls will respond. After all how long does it take to remove a rope? Your answer about the suggestion forum is simply not acceptable.

Message 623 of 748 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Dec 31, 2011

XxDaRK_WAYnExX wrote:

Well, to be honest... it's not that big of a deal too me because seriously all you are missing is two poster stands and two exit doors... I mean I don't see it as being that big of a deal. But that is just my opinion.

We went through this. There are pages and pages and close to 17 thousand views relating to this debate. That doesn't even include the discussions over in the Beta Forum before this was released to the public. I think an update as to when the community might expect the rope to go is more than appropriate.

I don't consider it an unreasonable request.

Message 624 of 748 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2040 posts

Dec 31, 2011

Conrad_Max wrote:

It seeems the only issue that exists is for the fw people who keep bringing it up here.

Get your Portable ID! http://community.us.playstation.com/thread/3883302

There are 42 pages of comments here. That is hardly a 'fw' people.

Message 625 of 748 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1563 posts

Dec 31, 2011

Lets please stop the personal attacks and try to get order established in this thread again everyone

All I'm asking now is for another official statement and update on when the rope is being taken down -- if not even ever, since the last official statements from the HCMs were back in Novemeber 11th.

I think the suggestions and feedback compiled here on this thread is good enough, but you're all more than welcome to post more if you like here on this thread until the HCMs decide to post another official statement.

To TeeHee:

I believe you are required to purchase all 4 of the Home Gold Mansion spaces in order to gain access.

The Main Hall, Games room, Infinity Pool and Garage totals about $34.96 (or around $20.00 if you happen to received the Garage space free during the PSN outage)

Locust_Star wrote:

All,

Apologies for the slow reply. We've been discussing this internally and are going to move forward with removing this feature. I don't have a date to share just yet - we will need to create a slightly different version of the Mall sans the roped-off area, and that does take time - but rest assured that it will be removed soon.

As many of you have noticed, we have experminted with hiding Easter Eggs and other extras as unlockable content in some of our  spaces. We've done this to add some additional reward for people who have collected select content. Think of it like any other loyalty program, such as the ones commonly offered from airlines. However, the goal is and always remains to build the Home community, not divide it. That's why we plan to continue to maintain a compelling free game experience for all users. That said, we also plan to continue to experiment with ways to give more to players that support the platform monetarily as well. What I can promise you is that we will remain flexible and will respond according to your feedback -  what we do (or don’t do) is ultimately put to a vote in these forums amongst you, the Home community. So while I cannot promise that everyone will always love the way we implement these extras, I can promise that we will react according to what you tell us. To that end, please keep sharing your thoughts with us on these forums.

Best,

—GlassWalls

GlassWalls wrote:

Now that the velvet rope thing has been settled (it's coming down), I want to pose a question to you all since there are those on either side of the debate. What would you find of value that should belong in an exclusive access area? Would it be a private (as in public, but with restricte access) space, a club that gave exclusive rewards on a somewhat regular basis, exclusive access to special events, early access to content, etc? I'm just listing ideas off the top of my head, but there is a potential  here that could be interesting. I'm just your humble, neighborhood community guy, but I am also a conduit of ideas. If you have any, here's the chance to share them.

—GlassWalls

Message 626 of 748 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
521 posts

Dec 31, 2011

$20 for what looks like nothing?

But a suggestion that I would have would be to give rewards. Good rewards. Not some ugly T-Shirt that would be for free in the store.

Thanks for the info!

Message 627 of 748 (19 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28225 posts

Dec 31, 2011

I've passed by a few times these past few weeks. There's hardly anyone there. It seeems the only issue that exists is for the few people who keep bringing it up here.

Something will be done with it. Just not yet. Let's wait and see what the Developers can come up with rather than making an issue of what appears to be a non-issue -  at least to the people who no longer congregate there.

We have a suggestion thread/forum. Rather than complaining (which is easy), post some suggestions.

Message 628 of 748 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1563 posts

Dec 31, 2011

Teehee2123 wrote:

$20 for what looks like nothing?

It's not about that actually, but more so the placement and how it is being used.

but I'll help those that havent' catched up with this thread yet.

Basically, the theater rope existed during the closed beta since early October of 2011. Clearly a majority of people did not want it, but it still was kept after the beta was closed.

42 pages onward, people had arguments about elitism, blatant use of tasteless marketing advertising and a whole lot of things that also led to...well. Other problems.

Anyway, I always believed the rope should of never belonged there (since it is an eyesore on a public core space of all places) because it was originally primarily used to test the gate connection linking for spaces, and the development team (and also the business team apparently) decided to use mansion owners as test subjects.

Long story short, the testing should of been done already on October, and they still have not removed it, even so having to internally deliberate it (why?) amongst themselves on what to do with it. The answer they given us was to remove it, but with no unspecified date.

As long as the rope is there, it's being used as a subtle marketing tool and also giving people the impression on how NA Home operates. Ever wondered why users are being forced to load into the first floor of the Mall and not the Hub or Winter Hullabaloo space? You can all sort of process the answer for yourself.

This is my opinion on what I believe.

Message 629 of 748 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2518 posts

Dec 31, 2011

GlassWalls wrote:

Now that the velvet rope thing has been settled (it's coming down), I want to pose a question to you all since there are those on either side of the debate. What would you find of value that should belong in an exclusive access area? Would it be a private (as in public, but with restricte access) space, a club that gave exclusive rewards on a somewhat regular basis, exclusive access to special events, early access to content, etc? I'm just listing ideas off the top of my head, but there is a potential  here that could be interesting. I'm just your humble, neighborhood community guy, but I am also a conduit of ideas. If you have any, here's the chance to share them.

—GlassWalls

I feel there should be perks for those who invest more in home or somehow earn priveliges, but seperating the haves and the have nots in the same area just begs for the less mature members to belittle others. Perhaps an entire exclusive area that can only be accesed from navigator when it is earned by whatever means. Personally I would like to see an adults only area

Message 630 of 748 (19 Views)
0 Likes