Survivor
1115 posts

Re: Theater Exclusives Access Area

Nov 17, 2011

LOL I was gonna say you sound postal but I knew you would say you don't work for the post office. Hahaha! I'm so glad you don't work for HOME because you talk wayyy too much about pixel b**bs and but. I'm concerned. You are no longer allowed to look at my beautiful avatar.

I have beta tested alot of games too but so what. This issue won't drop for me because I know that people have a issue with the rope because there was nothing there. I'm trying to place something there not put arcade games that we don't play. We need a brand spanking new club. We haven't had a new one since they began offering the club. No one is telling me that they wouldn't go to the new club. They just keep talking about the rope that leads to no where and a rewards systems that gave you a horse's head. A  horse's head was given in that movie called the Godfather. I don't want to get another one. I want a club. I want a brand new club for my members and I know you do out there as well.

Message 611 of 748 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4422 posts

Nov 17, 2011

I see three 3 thing's happening here-

1.) A suggestion for a viable paid subscription service for Home user's that offers discount's, early access to items and member event's.

2.) A group of user's that want a free service that gives discount's, early access to item's and member event's along with reward for past and future purchases.

3.) A group of people who own Exclusives item's and want a club space with rewards and member's-only items to purchase.

As for point's 2 and 3 both could exist separately, there's plenty of room for both to happen.

There's no reason not to have an Exclusives club, if it's offered then so be it. the people who would like one have expressed that they like the items and have no problem with spending higher amount's for them. Having a private members lounge that is totally bling-bling and rewards for purchases hurt's no one.

There's no reason why we can't have a type of reward's program that people get rewarded for doing quest's, playing game's or spending time involved in community event's. It would be good for the community and make everyone happy. A tiered reward system and a reward space where multiple point's of entry can happen is very feasible.

It would be good to also have a paid subscription service for reward's, discount's and early access to items as well as member event's. If PS+ does not deliver on this then I would really hope Home managers would take serious thought to a program as Norsegamer has so ingeniously outlined. everyone could agree to this and it would also make everyone happiest in the long run.

personally, I want all of it!

Message 612 of 748 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2949 posts

Nov 17, 2011

to expand on my earlier idea of a reoccuring quest to allow temporary entrance to this club;

thinging about it a month is too short of an interval between the users completeing the quest and having the quest return, maybe make it annual and they not have access to dicounted and most of the items that are exclusive to the club.

BEWARE OF THE SPEEDING WHITE SAUSAGE!!!!!
mercia comic here --> http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home-General/duty-to-the-spirit-mercia-comic/m-p/37428903/thread-id/1089731/highlight/false
Message 613 of 748 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
703 posts

Nov 27, 2011

I have not been in HOME in many months, so I've not seen this theater.  But let me get this straight:  It's a VIP section, accessible to those who spent a fortune on the mansion, and this VIP room has nothing in it??  So you need to spend money for, essentially, nothing? 

This sounds like HOME in general if you ask me....

RockStar owes me AWP!!
Message 614 of 748 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1563 posts

Dec 30, 2011

So it's been over 3 months and going now and the rope in the theater is still there.

How long do you all plan to continue stretching the undetermined time of removal after ensuring to the community that it will be taken down over a month ago, HCM's?

The community is going to start calling you all out on promises unfulfilled, especially after the promise of having forced loads onto spaces such as the Uncharted minigame space being stopped was broken now, after having users now load into the Mall   everytime they go on Home.

I don't have a problem with PSH wanting to generate revenue, but what I don't appreciate are those not standing by their word.

I do remember that the decision to only have users load into a space one time -- and then into the navigator screen afterwards would be implemented by Locust_Star, but it seems that is not the case anymore.

Locust_Star wrote:

All,

Apologies for the slow reply. We've been discussing this internally and are going to move forward with removing this feature. I don't have a date to share just yet - we will need to create a slightly different version of the Mall sans the roped-off area, and that does take time - but rest assured that it will be removed soon.

As many of you have noticed, we have experminted with hiding Easter Eggs and other extras as unlockable content in some of our  spaces. We've done this to add some additional reward for people who have collected select content. Think of it like any other loyalty program, such as the ones commonly offered from airlines. However, the goal is and always remains to build the Home community, not divide it. That's why we plan to continue to maintain a compelling free game experience for all users. That said, we also plan to continue to experiment with ways to give more to players that support the platform monetarily as well. What I can promise you is that we will remain flexible and will respond according to your feedback -  what we do (or don’t do) is ultimately put to a vote in these forums amongst you, the Home community. So while I cannot promise that everyone will always love the way we implement these extras, I can promise that we will react according to what you tell us. To that end, please keep sharing your thoughts with us on these forums.

Best,

—GlassWalls

GlassWalls wrote:

Now that the velvet rope thing has been settled (it's coming down), I want to pose a question to you all since there are those on either side of the debate. What would you find of value that should belong in an exclusive access area? Would it be a private (as in public, but with restricte access) space, a club that gave exclusive rewards on a somewhat regular basis, exclusive access to special events, early access to content, etc? I'm just listing ideas off the top of my head, but there is a potential  here that could be interesting. I'm just your humble, neighborhood community guy, but I am also a conduit of ideas. If you have any, here's the chance to share them.

—GlassWalls

Message 615 of 748 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Dec 30, 2011

HlBANA wrote:

So it's been over 3 months and going now and the rope in the theater is still there.

How long do you all plan to continue stretching the undetermined time of removal after ensuring to the community that it will be taken down over a month ago, HCM's?

I was wondering the same thing myself hun. It appears they certainly aren't in a rush to remove the rope. It certainly can't be that hard to do.

Message 616 of 748 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2781 posts

Dec 31, 2011

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

HlBANA wrote:

I was wondering the same thing myself hun. It appears they certainly aren't in a rush to remove the rope. It certainly can't be that hard to do.

Add me to that list as well, they said it would be removed, why is it still there?

Message 617 of 748 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2518 posts

Dec 31, 2011

I've gotten in there, when you first enter the area run straight to the rope. If you get there before it loads you can get in. But there is really nothing worth going up there for.

Message 618 of 748 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2040 posts

Dec 31, 2011

Mermaid-KT wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

HlBANA wrote:

Add me to that list as well, they said it would be removed, why is it still there?

I'm puzzled too. Every time I visit the theater there are at least a couple of jerks standing behind the rope taunting people. It's such a negative experience I avoid going to the theater.

Message 619 of 748 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
244 posts

Dec 31, 2011

Like I've said before... "Up with HOPE, Down with the ROPE!"

Up with HOPE, Down with the ROPE!
Message 620 of 748 (17 Views)
0 Likes