15 replies 678 views Edited Dec 20, 2013
Message 1 of 16 (678 Views)
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

Re: The virtual afterlife looks a lot like PS Home

[ Edited ]
Dec 20, 2013

GameMechanics wrote:

Is it me or does the image look very familiar?

http://aeon.co/magazine/being-human/virtual-afterlives-will-transform-humanity/

Yes it does, john

Some scientist believe that You and I and everyone else is a part of a matrix computer somewhere or maybe it's just you! imagine creating a Home virtual world while living in a huge virtual ''real life'' world?

interesting that hollywood is running with this theme of downloading/uploading the brain with none other than the great actor Johnny Depp.

HomeStationMagazine
Message 2 of 16 (651 Views)
Wastelander
570 posts

Dec 20, 2013
This is cool!!!!
Work Hard Play Hard!!!

GHOST_STALKER23 / @Gamergirlamber
Facebook: Amber Gonzales
PSTalent.com
Message 3 of 16 (638 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4411 posts

Dec 20, 2013
Mmm nom nom, brain food Smiley Happy thanks for sharing the article.

Jersquall: Any new news on Home on PS4 yet?

Tempest_Fire: Due to a shifting landscape, PlayStation Home will cease publishing new content on November 12, 2014.

@conrad_max

Message 4 of 16 (572 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
273 posts

Dec 20, 2013

That image is from Playsation Home. Read the photo credit: Courtesy of IGN/Playstation Home. SMH

Message 5 of 16 (564 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4411 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 20, 2013

RichieAppel wrote:

That image is from Playsation Home. Read the photo credit: Courtesy of IGN/Playstation Home. SMH

lol awww this guy doesn't get it Smiley LOL ahaha!

The GM folks are sharing the article they found because a) It raises interesting questions about the longevity of virtual worlds, as well as their purpose in the future, and.... b) they writer decided to use a Home image as their stock. Smiley Happy This is a "what if" piece about VW's in general. Take the time to read it, it's pretty good.

Jersquall: Any new news on Home on PS4 yet?

Tempest_Fire: Due to a shifting landscape, PlayStation Home will cease publishing new content on November 12, 2014.

@conrad_max

Message 6 of 16 (556 Views)
Fender Bender
2748 posts

Dec 20, 2013

Surely SONY will not get in the way of science and technology. The article convinces me that HOME will appear on the PS4 at least as part of a scientific experiment. That is, if SONY reads such articles. 

Are we part of someone's dream? Would SONY kill the dreamer? I think not.

So many things to think about.

In memory of Jody Westover and all those who fight or have fought cancer

Message 7 of 16 (548 Views)
Fender Bender
2760 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 20, 2013

Hum, I see the Playstation Home tag and logo is missing from the Harbour studio picture. Photoshop to take it out, or is his brain already living on Sony servers.??

Posted Image

Message 8 of 16 (516 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 20, 2013

ITCOB1 wrote:
Hum, I see the Playstation Home tag andlogo is missing from the Harbour studio picture. Photoshopped out??

No photoshop work done on that picture. Screen capped from video or cut off right side.

HomeStationMagazine
Message 9 of 16 (508 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
116 posts

Dec 20, 2013

while the current push for AI is more practical to extend peoples lives the same effort should be going into things like genetics that have the potential for actual immortality. i see the race for immortality between the technology sectors & the medical sectors as a tortoise vs the hare race in a way, the tech industry will inevitability beat the medical industry to the finish in the sense that you'll have something of a siri type existence but that's really as far as they'll be able to go.

the medical industry however may lag behind but we already know there is a potential for extension of life beyond the normal life span with the possibility of basically immortality against natural causes of death. all that technology though to make the human body live longer isn't widely available like say a customizable siri program would be. it'll take a while & it won't be easy but actual immortality is overall a better option to pursue. if the lights go out virtual you is gone forever but if you never died in the first place why does the state of electricity matter? 

in my opinion all the uproar about virtual immortality isn't unjustified at the moment but i think that same uproar should be directed doubly at the advancement of medical sciences which will provide us more useful advancements.

Message 10 of 16 (495 Views)