Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Re: The guys' sitting pose needs to change

Jan 2, 2013

RockCandyGirl wrote:

AzureBonds wrote:
This really used to bother me. I was so upset one time, my hands were actually shaking. That was when I decided I needed a break from Home, so I took a month off.
Now I just let them perve on my pixels. I genuinely do not care, and if they are bothering me, then everyone else is getting a break.

My thoughts exactly, it use to bother me but in the big picture, Who cares what some pixel dude does to some pixel gal.Actually by ignoring them they depart soon enough, displeased with your lack of response....

That's been my experience. No reaction = quickly bored. They feed off responses. 

Message 21 of 27 (213 Views)
VP of Gaming
34138 posts

Jan 2, 2013

what they should do is add a small buffer zone around anyone sitting on a chair/benct/etc so other users cant get close enough to "touch" them.

like an invisible barrier that keeps avatars away by a scale foot or something. so instead of their face being in your crotch, they are just starring at you. not perfect, but its better than nothing.

Message 22 of 27 (192 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
1570 posts

Jan 2, 2013

I agree with everyone, who suggests "ignore and report". But also wonder why the OP suggests removing the sit function from just male avatars. It is easy enough for a harasser to use a female avatar, too. If we start removing functions of our avatars, it won't get rid of bad behavior. The people intent on harassing, will just find new ways to attack their victims. Thus as a community, we need to continue to use the tools provided. Albeit some improvements to the ignore function are warranted.

Posted Image
Message 23 of 27 (185 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5381 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 2, 2013

What I nornally do to stop these pervs from going down is. I will stand between them or I will stand right on top of the guy. With my **bleep** avatar in their face. Works for the most part because they will get up and move.

Certain poses should've been removed long time ago. How Home allowed to go on is beyond me.  Even certain moves now, people are abusing them. And even sexual moves as well. Home doesn't really think about when it comes to this stuff. I guess it really is all about the money to them and they don't care.

Message 24 of 27 (170 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3846 posts

Jan 2, 2013
:^/ The quick answer is that Home's developers did not anticipate every conceivable way each move could be used, especially each combination of moves/poses juxtaposed together. Demanding that they should have is really expecting too much. Home's developers numbered in the hundreds, while Home's customer base numbers in the millions, and millions of people are going to be more creative than hundreds.

If you were to remove the sitting poses because it's possible to offend with them, then you must also remove the Running Man dance move because it similarly can be used to give offense, and the Rock dance move for the same reason, and the text chat feature because people can type rude things, the voice chat feature because people are able to say offensive things, and... well, you'll have to shut down Home's servers altogether, really. There is nothing that cannot be pressed into giving offense.

Really, such censorship threads offend me. This one should be removed.
Message 25 of 27 (159 Views)
Sackboy
403 posts

Jan 2, 2013

"Ignore" is your friend.

I'd actually like to see females have the same Sit pose options as the guys.  Or at least to be able to sit cross-legged. But I'm not holding my breath waiting for that to happen.

Message 26 of 27 (130 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5381 posts

Jan 2, 2013
This thread shouldn't be locked. This topic should get homes attention. I'm sick of seeing these **bleep** noobs going down on females. And, don't really having any communication skill on how to approach the females on home.

The commands should updated and looked at. I put in for some updates as well and, not paying for them. "You're welcome" or "Welcome" should be added. We have Thanks! But its like they forgot its brother and just said screw it. Its funny though how nobody put in for the pocket camera thing.
Message 27 of 27 (124 Views)
0 Likes