Jan 02 2013
By: Jewel_fox Monster Hunter 24 posts

The guys' sitting pose needs to change

[ Edited ]
26 replies 553 views Edited Jan 2, 2013

So that they can't put their face in between my legs while I'm sitting on a chair.

I've been harassed in this way so many times, and would like it to stop.

Edit to add:

Ignore didn't work, while I was seated in the hot tub in the Christmas area. The name over his head already showed he was blocked, and he was still doing it. Also, I've come back from AFK to find a guy with his face in my avatar's crotch. Ignore won't help when they do it before you even get a chance to block them.

I should not have to switch genders every time I get up to get a sandwich, and people shouldn't be able to do this, period. This is a technical problem requiring a technical solution.

Message 1 of 27 (553 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
10662 posts

Re: The guys' sitting pose needs to change

Jan 2, 2013

Or you could use the ignore features, which moves an avatar away from yours. 

New PSN ID for PS4: Redd-Axel

Come check out my Twitch TV channel, will be streaming various PS4 games from time to time http://www.twitch.tv/reddaxel
Message 2 of 27 (551 Views)
VP of Gaming
27097 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 2, 2013

Use the report feature in Home by tapping on the Select button. You can also put them on Ignore which will push them a few feet away with their backs towards you. And you won't have to see their chat.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 3 of 27 (549 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
24 posts

The guys' sitting pose puts their faces between my legs

[ Edited ]
Mar 1, 2013

Message 4 of 27 (340 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2781 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 2, 2013

Unfortunately, unless you stop all males from crouching (which you cant do as its just not fair on all the decent guys), any form of kneeling or crouching will have their heads level with our laps so I dont think anything can really be done to prevent that.

At the moment the only thing you can do is to put them on ignore to push them away (and/or report of course), although I do understand your frustration as I've been driven away from the Seaside Beach a couple of times by harrassers when on my floaties.

I would love Home to bring in a 'disappear' option so when activated BOTH of you can no longer see or hear the other. I know it shouldn't, but it still bugs me knowing that if i have them on ignore on their screen they can still see what they want to see on theirs.

Message 5 of 27 (523 Views)
PlayStation MVP
29264 posts

Jan 2, 2013

KarateChampChad wrote:

Or you could use the ignore features, which moves an avatar away from yours. 

Yes exactly. With this feature now there shouldn't be a problem. Easy enough to do even from the chat box. 

Message 6 of 27 (508 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
24 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 1, 2013

Message 7 of 27 (472 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

Jan 2, 2013

Jewel_fox wrote:

So that they can't put their face in between my legs while I'm sitting on a chair.

I've been harassed in this way so many times, and would like it to stop.

Edit to add: Ignore didn't work, while I was seated in the hot tub in the Christmas area. Also, I've come back from AFK to find a guy with his face in my avatar's crotch. Ignore won't help when they do it before you even get a chance to block them. I should not have to switch genders every time I get up to get a sandwich.

Is it really that hard to block the person?  Don't know how Sony could make it any easyer.

Folding@home Team #118000
GAPHome

General

Message 8 of 27 (466 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
PlayStation MVP
29264 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 2, 2013

Jewel_fox wrote:

You know, I really wish the "Ignore" feature worked here, but while it pushes people away while they're standing I still had a guy I'd just ignored sticking his head in my crotch while I was sitting down in the hot tub in the Christmas area.

How did that happen? All emotes are blocked including sitting. I just tested that on my alternate who I put in a sitting pose and then put her on ignore. She stood up the minute I did that.

Are you sure he's on ignore? It's seems to work pretty well for me. I know the community would prefer the invisibility feature but that's not about to happen I don't think. The new system isn't perfect but it's a lot better than what we had before. 

Message 9 of 27 (460 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2781 posts

Jan 2, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Jewel_fox wrote:

You know, I really wish the "Ignore" feature worked here, but while it pushes people away while they're standing I still had a guy I'd just ignored sticking his head in my crotch while I was sitting down in the hot tub in the Christmas area.

How did that happen? All emotes are blocked including sitting. I just tested that on my alternate who I put in a sitting pose and then put her on ignore. She stood up the minute I did that.

Are you sure he's on ignore? It's seems to work pretty well for me. I know the community would prefer the invisibility feature but that's not about to happen I don't think. The new system isn't perfect but it's a lot better than what we had before. 

If it made the other person unable to approach you as well it would be so much better. Some of my experience they just continue as they did getting their attention they want from others nearby.

As I said above, I know it shouldnt bug me if I cant see it, but it just does.

But I do know the chances are the invisibility option wont come in, and neither will what I've mentioned here so can only really make do with the options given to us, but I understand why the OP feels what we have so far is not sufficient to deal with people that behave like this.

Message 10 of 27 (445 Views)
0 Likes