Splicer
66 posts

Re: The future of Home is here!

Dec 27, 2009
If home is not improved better than that 1.3 crap,which has denied me enjoyment for three months now,home can kiss my ass in 2010 along with sony!
Message 11 of 18 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

Dec 27, 2009

Squint421 wrote:
Just wondering. If Home is a "beta" how come the make us pay for items? Have you ever heard of any beta charging money? Just aying because of all the beta tests i've been in they wipeout all your progress and you start from scratch in the full version. They seriously need to stop calling it Home Open Beta. They really should hand over the events to a third party who could focus on just that aspect of Home. Gives the Home team more time to focus on the technical stuff which is the hardest part of it. Kinda excited for next year. But more uneasy thinking about "Is this gonna be the Home update that fries everyones PS3?" Lol! Happy holidays! But just remember getting too drunk and throwing up on the hot girl your liking at the New Years Eve party isn't gonna get you a date. LMAO!

Home is the first beta I've ever used that ask's it's members to play for stuff inside.  Most of the time the word beta mean's a buggy program that's free but you also risk something or everything being deleted due to the bugs.

But to tell the truth I don't think the Home staff know's what the word beta is.  One min you see them calling Home a beta then the next you see the same people trying to make a big deal about Home V2.  To me that's funny due to the fact you can't have a version tell the program is out of beta.  So it looks like we have a buch of idiots working on Home

Folding@home Team #118000
GAPHome

General

Message 12 of 18 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

Dec 27, 2009

Conrad_Max wrote:

1) No one is "making " us buy anything. That is our own personal choice. If a person feels that buying anything while on beta is wrong, they do not have to spend a dime. We do have a lot of free items and clothes available.

• You don't seem to be getting the point here... 
  • A beta is just a buggy program. 
  • In beta's there is always a large risk that you can lose some or all you're items.
  • Home is the only program that I have ever used that asks people to pay for things useing real money.
  • The main question as I see it is should Sony be forced to put a warring lable on items before people buy them telling them the risks of buying things in a beta.

2) All items we bought during beta will carry over to Home after it is no longer in beta. Some of those items may no longer be available for purchase, though.

• I don't know about you but I have never seen Sony say this so I can't lable it as fact.
  • Just like most of what goes on in Home Sony does not tell us anything.

3) Once out of beta, we will have a group of people complaining that some of the items that were available during beta are no longer available after of beta. So maybe they might want to get the items now...

• At one point in time Sony did say that they where going to open up a tradeing post.  Where people can traid items that they no longer want.
  • Don't know if this is still going to happen or not.
  • I can't speak for eveyone but I have a large list of items that are missing.
  • And as I said before people who risk buying things in a beta risk loseing them as well.

GAPHome

General

Message 13 of 18 (2 Views)
VP of Gaming
28894 posts

Dec 27, 2009

King0fHearts2007 wrote:

Conrad_Max wrote:

All items we bought during beta will carry over to Home after it is no longer in beta. Some of those items may no longer be available for purchase, though.

• I don't know about you but I have never seen Sony say this so I can't lable it as fact.

With a few million dollars of vitual items bought, I don't think anything has to be said. Not carrying over bought items will be very harmful to Sony.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 14 of 18 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Dec 27, 2009

Conrad_Max wrote:

King0fHearts2007 wrote:

Conrad_Max wrote:

All items we bought during beta will carry over to Home after it is no longer in beta. Some of those items may no longer be available for purchase, though.

With a few million dollars of vitual items bought, I don't think anything has to be said. Not carrying over bought items will be very harmful to Sony.

There is absolutely no doubt they'd be carrying this over when the Beta tag is removed. It would make no economic sense to alienate it's user base by not doing so. 

Message 15 of 18 (2 Views)
I Only Post Everything
855 posts

Dec 28, 2009
I don't care who it is, everyone should agree on how much Home has grown. I'll take the occasional crappy event (BTW I have yet to experience one)with amazing general usage over great events with NO ONE ever in Home. Yea the bugs this year sucked (like this name being Homeless for 3 months) but so is any other game altering bug. Now I think it's time for us to reflect on our Home participation. Have we been a bane or boon to the community? Because Home will keep growing and we need good ppl here to shape it. Can't wait till 2010 Home. You folks shocked, bewildered, but overall enthralled me in a great app & community. Happy Home 4 the Holidays!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 16 of 18 (2 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

Dec 28, 2009

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

There is absolutely no doubt they'd be carrying this over when the Beta tag is removed. It would make no economic sense to alienate it's user base by not doing so. 

Yea, yea you're assuming the facts but that does not make them true. 

GAPHome

General

Message 17 of 18 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
VP of Gaming
28894 posts

Dec 28, 2009

Squint421 wrote:
If Home is a "beta" how come the make us pay for items?

1) No one is "making" us buy anything. That is our own personal choice. If a person feels that buying anything while on beta is wrong, they do not have to spend a dime. We do have a lot of free items and clothes available.

2) All items we bought during beta will carry over to Home after it is no longer in beta. Some of those items may no longer be available for purchase, though.

3) Once out of beta, we will have a group of people complaining that some of the items that were available during beta are no longer available after of beta. So maybe they might want to get the items now...

Message Edited by Conrad_Max on 12-28-2009 02:17 PM
The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 18 of 18 (2 Views)
0 Likes