I Only Post Everything
1225 posts

Re: The amount of negativity on this board is astounding...

Jan 28, 2009

I totally agree. 

I'd love to see the Mods & Board Admin do something, this place seems out of control lately.

Message 11 of 64 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5465 posts

Jan 28, 2009

yup, "WE WANT NEW SPACES" is gonna turn into "THIS SPACE IS RETARDED" its always gimmie gimmie and then this aint cool, chill out people, instead of new spaces, why not "complain" about the "lack of features"

dang it!!! its "Youtube on PSP" all over again

Message Edited by killla_that_dude on 01-28-2009 09:39 AM
Photobucket
Message 12 of 64 (16 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1064 posts

Jan 28, 2009

killla_that_dude wrote:

yup, "WE WANT NEW SPACES" is gonna turn into "THIS SPACE IS RETARDED" its always gimmie gimmie and then this aint cool, chill out people, instead of new spaces, why not "complain" about the "lack of features"

dang it!!! its "Youtube on PSP" all over again

Message Edited by killla_that_dude on 01-28-2009 09:39 AM

I still want youtube on the PSP

This is why we can't have nice things
Message 13 of 64 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
613 posts

Jan 28, 2009
I could not agree more Peus! There certainly is a lot of negativity here, and it’s almost as bad as Gamefaqs if not worse. It's too bad that all you said will probably fall on deaf ears with the majority though. . With immediate gratification being one of the factors I doubt the majority will truly take the time and listen, but you and a few other CBer’s should keep trying to smash this message into some of these users here heads. Like Agatha Christie said, “"Good advice is almost certain to be ignored but that is no reason not to give it" : D

Of course I will do my part to help as well~
"Peace is found when one seeks nothingness."

Photobucket

Message 14 of 64 (16 Views)
I Only Post Everything
896 posts

Jan 28, 2009

Yeah I noticed it as well. Like many others. I just hope this is just a phase the community is going through. We're alway gonna have complainers to some degree but the level of negative posts has almost completely turned me off from participating. 

At this point, I am all for removing the Home forums entirely.   

Message 15 of 64 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
560 posts

Jan 28, 2009

Do you think that, if they did name it "Homebrew" that they would let us take our PSP's in there?  :smileytongue:

====================================================================

Yeah I know what homebrew means I do it with my Nintendo Wii. But it still sounds more like a cafe then sixaxis.

Message 16 of 64 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
100 posts

Jan 28, 2009

MistyLear wrote:
I could not agree more Peus! There certainly is a lot of negativity here, and it’s almost as bad as Gamefaqs if not worse. It's too bad that all you said will probably fall on deaf ears with the majority though. . With immediate gratification being one of the factors I doubt the majority will truly take the time and listen, but you and a few other CBer’s should keep trying to smash this message into some of these users here heads. Like Agatha Christie said, “"Good advice is almost certain to be ignored but that is no reason not to give it" : D

Of course I will do my part to help as well~

Somehow I knew you'd be part of the solution, Miss Lear. Kudos to you.
Message 17 of 64 (16 Views)
Sackboy
527 posts

Jan 28, 2009

Negativity?  Here? 

OP, you are correct but alas it is like trying to stop the tide when it comes to reversing the current trend on this board.  Many, many posts have also attacked this topic and I'm pretty sure that there will be more in the future.  However we shouldn't despair, but instead hope that this current overload of negativity will start to reduce in volume, and a more balanced board will again be the norm.  Why do I say this?  Well, I think that Home is still *New* and the *ME GENERATION* is all over it and doing their thing....to wit, constantly asking, "What is in it for me?"  or "Is this all we get?" or "This is Lame?" etc. 

There is a lack of maturity and patience in the majority of Home users it seems and they all want their cake right now....so I'll just lurk around, and hope that they will get bored (which they will ) and then I will re-enter Home with renewed enthusiasm.

Till then...look for me in the shadows. 

Keep your head up.
Message 18 of 64 (16 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1916 posts

Jan 28, 2009

PeuswahBoy wrote:
I've been here for a while now, and have noticed a downward trend in the attitude of this community. I'm sure that many of you remember when Home didn't even have it's own subforum.

I remember, distinctly, when people were begging for a taste of Home, regardless of the state it was in. The community was posting any shred of news that it could find, and people gobbled it up. There was a much more positive outlook, and this was a great place to find out all the latest news, from all corners of the Internet.

Fast forwarding to the present...Home has been released in open beta state, and in my opinion has been a great boon to the platform. I know that my friends list has grown exponentially, and I have Home to thank for that. This, of course, is only my experience.

Many users have complained about many aspects of Home, in it's current state, and I have no problem with that. That's one of the purposes of this community forum, after all. The problem I have is that many of the most vocal detractors have been the same people who have been begging for Home, in any state. It seems rather hypocritical to me, and many others here also. Taking yesterdays announcement of the cafe name winner as an example, I was appalled by the negative response, overall. In my opinion, these are things that can bring a community together, or fracture it. I truly feel badly for the mods and dev team. Here they tried to do something, with the naming contest, that could really be a cool participatory event, and instead it blew up into what seemed to be nothing more than a grab at "e-Fame".

My point is that it's still early in the life cycle of Home, and I hope that this will become less of a problem as time goes on. I've come to truly enjoy the community, and truly hope we don't continue to act like the board I saw yesterday. I can only speak for myself, but I found the contest response to be an embarrassment.

Apologies for the long winded nature of this post, but I just wanted to get it off my chest. Kudos to the mods and dev team for being incredibly understanding.
I agree with you a lot but to paraphrase Patrick Norton I think we all just need to take a step back and breathe. The negative vocal majority out there just need to cool it and go outside; Home IS NOT the entire world, so to speak.
Message 19 of 64 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
660 posts

Jan 28, 2009

mikemccanon wrote:

You're thoughts are dumb. Just kidding

but yeah, this community is definatetly more negative than communities on other websites that I've seen. i think it's all because no one really knows what is going on and that bothers people. People get angry when they don't understand something 

I agree with this statement. Pair that with the false hope that everyone was given when home was first announced and voila you have the beginings of this said topic. The CB forum wasn't without it's share of negativity either but with less people complaining it sure made that place peacefull compared to here. The thing I have come to accept is  Home is never going to beable to provide content that appease's everyones taste. There will always be dozens upon hundreds that will have a problem with a feature , space or lack there of. If people saw that one day they will get the content that satisfys them they wouldn't worry about complaining about everything else they get. Which leads you to the next problem people don't like waiting .. which brings out about 1000 more threads. Me personally I don't mind waiting and I am not in home for the content or features , I just like meeting people and have met my fair share of winners and losers .. mainly winners as I tend to filter out the losers using the features provided which work from time to time. And when they don't I have no problem ignoring what others say even if it's about me. Because say what you want , talk is cheap.

PSJunkies.com
Message 20 of 64 (16 Views)
0 Likes