Splicer
84 posts

Re: The **UNOFFICIAL*** Explain Your name Thread!

Sep 26, 2009
What's so lovely about a guillotine?  Robot wink
Photobucket

Grill on grill action... now that's hot.
Message 391 of 515 (16 Views)
Monster Hunter
32 posts

Sep 26, 2009

I took this name from my cosplay alias, which I came up with as a dig on the anime Naruto and a specific part of its fandom.  In spite of this name, I'm really not all that fond of the show.  I crossplayed a female character from the show and used the name to dig on scantily dressed, underage ho-bags that walked around claimint they were a Sexy no Jutsu.... something or another.

Lord only know why the hell I decided to a) keep it when I signed up here and b) not use the original name I've had on PSN for years.  I get TONS of flack for either being an ardent fanboy of a show that I'm not a fan of in addition to being thought of as a teenager when I'm friggin 30!  Eh, stuck with it now... and bonus points for posting after one of my best friends on PSN.

I came here to kick ass and chew bubblegum and my feet are killing me!

Get your Portable ID!
Message 392 of 515 (16 Views)
First Son
7 posts

Sep 26, 2009

Everyone always thinks it's because of the Crash Bandicoot games. Which I can honestly say never came to mind until after people mentioned it. My pseudonym is Crash. And someday I want to create a solo band, where I play all the instruments and piece it all together. So one day I was trying to think of a band name, and this one girl I know (who knows nothing about video games, hasn't heard of many common ones) said "Well you are Crash, it'll be a band and you are quite cute, so how about "I Am Crash Band-I-Cute." And since I have never been a fan of Bandicoot games I didn't even notice it sounded similar. I had to shorten because that was to long, and so I shortened it to what you see. I didn't make it "BandICute" because on the PS3, the I looks like a lower case L. After all the "naughty dog" "you spelled it wrong" "you aren't cute" comments, I wish I would have made it "MyNameIsCrash," but even while using that as my EU account I still get bandicoot remarks. Anyways, I saw this thread and figured I would explain this so that I won't need to explain it as many times.

Just Crash & Burn Already
Message 393 of 515 (16 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1002 posts

Sep 26, 2009

Lochwood, pronounced - lock wood, was my great great grandmother's maiden name. The Mrs and I have always thought it sounded cool so we used it. And there you have it.

Happy Home Days to you all always!

Message 394 of 515 (16 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
329 posts

Sep 26, 2009

I've had people ask me if my name is "Ina" or if I'm Portuguese (I guess "Fairina" is similar to the word "flower" in Portuguese).

None of the above.

I signed up for the PSN when LBP came out & they had some kind of LBP workshop on the PS website. I was on a fairy kick at the time & wanted to name my sackgirl "Pixie" or something like that. Well, every other variation of "Pixie" & "Fairy" were taken & I'm not a big fan of numbers or symbols.

I wanted a name that sounded like a name.... Hence, "Fairina" was born.

Photobucket
Message 395 of 515 (16 Views)
Wastelander
689 posts

Oct 4, 2009

Mine is self explanatory...

I love zombies and am a big fan of them...

(gonna show my age on this next one. *lol )->

The 23 is from my favorite basketball player...

Point Guard Mr. Michael Jordan.

Everyone's Favorite HOME Zombie, -ZL-

Photobucket
Message 396 of 515 (16 Views)
Monster Hunter
42 posts

Oct 5, 2009

i got mine from the car pontiac solstice, which at the time when i made it my PSN, it was my favorite car. and the number combination 779 is sexy. a lot of ppl think its named after like a winter solstice or somethin, but either way i dont really care.

Message 397 of 515 (16 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1608 posts

Oct 5, 2009

solstice779 wrote:

i got mine from the car pontiac solstice, which at the time when i made it my PSN, it was my favorite car. and the number combination 779 is sexy. a lot of ppl think its named after like a winter solstice or somethin, but either way i dont really care.

Pretty nice looking car, I must say. 

Carpe diem post crastinum

Get your Portable ID!
Message 398 of 515 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
95 posts

Oct 5, 2009
I got my name from a song from my favorite band KISS.
Message 399 of 515 (16 Views)
Sackboy
541 posts

Oct 5, 2009
my name, KDJisLIFE stands for Kinky Delicious Jelly is Life
Message 400 of 515 (16 Views)