The PlayStation®Home Wardrobe Wars E3 Sweepstakes
The following promotion is intended for viewing in the 50 United States and D.C. only and shall only be construed and evaluated according to United States law. Do not proceed in this site if you are not a legal resident of, and located in, the 50 United States or D.C. at the time of entry.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
By participating in the PlayStation®Home Wardrobe Wars E3 Sweepstakes (the “Promotion”), each entrant (or his or her parent or legal guardian if the entrant is under the age of majority in his or her state of residence) unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC (“Sponsor”), which shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor is responsible for the collection and scoring of entries and the overall administration of the Promotion. Entrants should look solely to Sponsor with any questions, comments or problems related to the Promotion.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The PlayStation®Home Wardrobe Wars E3 Sweepstakes (the “Promotion”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least 18 years of age or older. Entrants under the legal age of majority in their state of residence should get permission to enter the Promotion from their parent or guardian. Employees of Sponsor and its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, and related companies, and agencies and immediate families (defined as parents, children, siblings and spouse and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and those living in the same household, whether or not related, are not eligible to enter or win. Void in all U.S. territories and possessions and overseas military installations and where prohibited or restricted by law.
2. TIMING: The Promotion begins February 22, 2012 at 5:00 AM PST and ends on March 21, 2012 at 11:59 PM PST (the “Promotion Period”).
3. HOW TO ENTER: There are two (2) methods of entering:
3.1 Online Entry: Internet access, a valid PSN ID and the most recent version of the PlayStation®Home software installed on your PS3™ system are required to enter the promotion online. Log in to PlayStation®Home during the promotion period. Go to the PS Home Mall, approach the Wardrobe Wars kiosk and play the Wardrobe Wars game to completion. To receive an automatic entry to the sweepstakes, you must follow the game prompts and submit an image of your avatar within the Wardrobe Wars game. Once you have successfully submitted your image and exited the game, you will automatically receive an entry to the sweepstakes. Based on the timing of your entry, you will be eligible for up to four (4) random drawings held on March 7, 2012, March 14, 2012 and March 21, 2012, March 28, 2012. If you do not win, your entry will be carried on to the next drawing. Please see the chart in 3.3 below for cut-off dates and times.
3.2 Mail-in Entry: To enter via mail, during the promotion period, send a stamped 4x6 inch postcard with your full name, address, email address, and date of birth to: PlayStation Home Wardrobe Wars E3 Sweepstakes, PlayStation Home Group, 989 E. Hillsdale Blvd., Foster City, CA 94404. Based on the timing of your entry, you will be eligible for up to four (4) random drawings held on March 7, 2012, March 14, 2012, March 21, 2012 and March 28, 2012. If you do not win, your entry will be carried on to the next drawing. Please see the chart in 3.3 below for cut-off dates and times.
3.3 Eligibility for each drawing is based on the chart below:
|To be eligible for the drawing held on the date below:||You may submit an entry starting:||Your mail-in entry must be postmarked by:||Your mail-in entry must be received by Sponsor by:||Your electronic entry must be received by:|
|March 7, 2012||February 22, 2012 at 5:00 AM PST||February 29, 2012||March 6, 2012||February 29, 2012 at 11:59 PM PST|
|March 14, 2012||February 22, 2012 at 5:00 AM PST||March 7, 2012||March 13, 2012||March 7, 2012 at 11:59 PM PST|
|March 21, 2012||February 22, 2012 at 5:00 AM PST||March 14, 2012||March 20, 2012||March 14, 2012 at 11:59 PM PST|
|March 28, 2012||February 22, 2012 at 5:00 AM PST||March 21, 2012||March 28, 2012||March 21, 2012 at 11:59 PM PST|
You may enter the sweepstakes as many times as you like during the promotion period.
4. ENTRY CONDITIONS: Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. If there is a dispute regarding registration, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned to an email address by an internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
5. PRIZE: Four (4) winners (one (1) winner for each drawing) will receive a trip for two (2) to Los Angeles for the E3 Expo held at the Los Angeles Convention Center from June 5 - 7, 2012. Trip prize package will include round trip coach class airfare for two (2) to Los Angeles International Airport (“LAX”) (from major airport nearest to winner’s home), three (3) nights double occupancy hotel accommodations, two (2) 3-day passes to E3, transportation to and from the event, and $1000 cash. The total approximate retail value (“ARV”) for each prize package is $5292.50. Prize fulfillment is based on availability. Taxes on prize, if any, are solely the responsibility of the winner. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if a prize is unavailable. Sponsor may disqualify a winner and select an alternate winner if any prize is returned undeliverable. Prizes are non-transferable. Sponsor need not substitute a prize based on the winner’s request.
6. TRAVEL: All travel details will be at Sponsor’s discretion. Prize will be forfeited if winner is unable to travel during designated time period. No compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight. Airline tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable and are not valid for upgrades or frequent flyer miles. All airline tickets are subject to the vagaries of flight variation, work stoppages, and schedule or route changes. If in the judgment of Sponsor, air travel is not required due to winner's proximity to prize location, ground transportation will be substituted for roundtrip air travel at Sponsors' sole discretion.
Winner must comply with any applicable hotel check-in requirements, such as presentation of a major credit card. Room taxes and other hotel fees may not be included and if applicable may be payable at the time of check-out by the winner and/or guest. All expenses and incidental travel costs not expressly stated in the package description above, which may include but not be limited to, ground transportation, meals, incidentals, passenger tariffs or duties, surcharges, airport fees, service charges or facility charges, personal charges at lodging, security fees, taxes or other expenses are the sole responsibility of winner.
The ARV for travel prizes is an estimate made before the Promotion begins and may vary depending upon points of departure and destination and fare fluctuations. The winner will not receive cash or any other form of compensation if actual travel costs are less than the estimate made in these Official Rules. No interest will be awarded on cash prizes.
The winner’s travel companion must be eighteen (18) years of age or older. The winner and his or her travel companion must travel together on the same itinerary and must possess all required travel documents, including visas and valid passports, if and as applicable, and comply with any applicable hotel check-in requirements, such as presentation of a major credit card. The travel companion of the grand prize winner must sign a travel and publicity release prior to making any travel arrangements. Failure to return this Travel Companion Release with the Grand Prize Winner’s Affidavit within 3 days of receipt will result of forfeiture of entire prize package.
In the event the winner or his or her travel companion engages in behavior that, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, is obnoxious or threatening, illegal or that is intended to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate the trip or other applicable experience early, in whole or in part, and send the winner and his or her travel companion home with no further compensation.
The restrictions and conditions stated herein are not all-inclusive and the described above may be subject to additional restrictions and conditions, which may be stated in any correspondence with Sponsor or other travel documents.
7. ODDS OF WINNING: The odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
8. WINNER SELECTION: One (1) potential winning entrant will be selected by random drawing on or about March 7, 2012, March 14, 2012, March 21, 2012 and March 29, 2012, for a total of four (4) potential winning entrants. Potential winning entrants will be contacted via email. If a potential winning entrant is determined by Sponsor to be unqualified to participate in this Promotion or does not respond to Sponsor’s correspondence within 72 hours, the potential winning entrant will be disqualified and a new potential winning entrant will be selected by random drawing.
9. REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION: The potential winning entrant may be required to complete an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release (“Affidavit”) in accordance with the instructions listed in the notification correspondence. Any entrant who fails or refuses to sign and return the required documentation within the time period as specified by Sponsor will be disqualified. If a potential winning entrant is considered a minor in the legal jurisdiction in which the entrant resides, then that entrant’s parent or legal guardian may be required to execute and return the Affidavit. Non-compliance with these Official Rules or failure to return all required documentation by the stated deadline or Sponsor’s inability to contact an entrant (using the contact information provided in his or her registration) within a reasonable time period, as determined by Sponsor’s sole discretion may result in disqualification and the forfeiture of the prize.
10. PUBLICITY: Except where prohibited, participation in the Promotion constitutes entrant’s consent to Sponsor’s and its agent’s use of the entrant’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or compensation.
11. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Potential winning entrants are subject to Sponsor’s verification. Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Potential winners must comply with the Official Rules, and receipt of prizes is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. Sponsor is not responsible for technical, hardware or software failures, malfunctions, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions or unforeseen schedule changes that may limit an entrant’s ability to participate in the Promotion, even if caused by Sponsor’s negligence. Sponsor has the sole discretion to modify, cancel or suspend this Promotion should viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control affect the administration, security or proper play of the Promotion or Sponsor otherwise becomes incapable of running the Promotion as planned. Sponsor is not responsible for changes to entrant’s contact information. Any individual who attempts or otherwise encourages, directly or indirectly, the submission of false entries, as determined by Sponsor, will be disqualified. Sponsor has the sole discretion to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process. Sponsor has the sole discretion to disqualify entrants who violate these Official Rules, tamper with the operation of the Promotion or engage in any conduct that is detrimental or unfair to Sponsor, the Promotion or any other entrant.
12. RELEASE: As a condition of participating in the Promotion, entrants release the Promotion Entities from liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including property damage, personal injury and death that may occur in connection with, preparation for, travel to, or participation in the Promotion, or possession, acceptance or use of prizes or participation in any Promotion-related activities and claims based on publicity rights, copyright or trademark infringement, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery.
13. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Sponsor and its respective affiliates, subsidiaries, parent corporations, advertising and promotional agencies, and all of their officers, directors, shareholders, employees, and agents are not responsible for: any incorrect or inaccurate entry information; human errors; technical malfunctions; failures, omissions, interruptions, deletions, or defects of any telephone network, computer online system, computer equipment, servers, providers, or software, including any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer relating to participation or inability to participate in the Promotion; inability to access the Site or upload information or data; theft, tampering, destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; data that is processed late or incorrectly or is incomplete or lost due to telephone, computer, or electronic malfunction or traffic congestion on telephone lines or the Internet or any website (including the Site) or for any other reason whatsoever; printing or other errors; or any combination thereof. Proof of uploading information or data or entering information at the Site is not considered proof of delivery or receipt. Illegible, duplicate and incomplete entries will be disqualified. False, fraudulent, or deceptive entries or acts, as determined by Sponsor, shall render entrants ineligible and all associated entries will be void.
15. GOVERNING LAW: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules or the rights and obligations of entrants or Sponsor in connection with this Promotion shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of any other state’s laws. Each of the parties hereby submits to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the Federal and State Courts in San Mateo, California and waives any claim that is not subject personally to the jurisdiction of said courts or that any such suit or other proceeding is brought in an inconvenient forum or improper venue.
16. WINNER LIST: To obtain a winner list by mail, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope to “PlayStation Home Wardrobe Wars E3 Sweepstakes”, Attn: SCEA Promotions, 919 E. Hillsdale Blvd., Foster City, CA 94404. Sponsor will send requested winner lists within 4-6 weeks after all prizes are awarded. Requests for the winner list must be received by April 4, 2012.
17. SPONSOR: Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC, 919 E. Hillsdale Blvd, Foster City, CA 94404.