Gaming Beast
864 posts

Re: The Pet Shop & Aquarium - PlayStation Home - Digital Leisure

Dec 11, 2012

Hey guys. We're glad to see some excitement for this item. I'm going to explain a few things that people have questions on.

Firstly, The Pet Shop is a Public Space. Everyone can go there and check out the fish, and see the rewards. You can also buy bigger tanks and certain aquarium related items from the registers.

The dogs, the cats, and The Weez are all sidekicks. The Weez was designed with the help of WEASEL182. These guys can all be purchased at the registers as well.

Now in terms of blocks that are taken up. I know we all hate it when active items take up a lot of space, but we need to take up some blocks in order for our aquarium to function like a living, breathing, aquatic ecosystem. Each tank has a different set amount of blocks it will take up. The bigger the tank the more blocks it will take up. The reason behind this is because we wanted to make it so if you had a bigger tank, you could fill it with more fish and decorations, nobody wants a half empty tank. (Well maybe somebody does but we think a full tank looks much better.)

Here are the stats: (We made them as small as we could!)

FREE Goldfish bowl: 18 Blocks

$0.99 Small Aquarium Bundle: 18 Blocks

$4.99 Medium Aquarium Bundle: 19 Blocks

$9.99 Large Aquarium Bundle: 24 Blocks

$14.99 Deluxe Aquarium Bundle: 30 Blocks

$19.99 Ultimate Aquarium Bundle: 33 Blocks

- Note: This aquarium's size can be adjusted

Each of the bundles come with fish or decorations, or both.

Follow us: http://twitter.com/digitalleisure ------- Like us: https://www.facebook.com/DigitalLeisure
Message 41 of 119 (436 Views)
Fender Bender
3345 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 11, 2012

digitalleisure wrote:

Hey guys. We're glad to see some excitement for this item. I'm going to explain a few things that people have questions on.

[...]

$19.99 Ultimate Aquarium Bundle: 33 Blocks

- Note: This aquarium's size can be adjusted

Each of the bundles come with fish or decorations, or both.

Hey DL,

First, thanks for coming up with this item, as I am a huge fan of aquariums.

Could you perhaps explain the Ultimate Bundle a bit more? Does the adjustable size mean that we can switch between any of the available tanks (like have the giant one or the circular one) or we are only able to change the scale of that particular item?

Also, are the settings for these tanks saved into the script settings or stored on your servers somewhere? I am just thinking about other active items that reset once you leave the space, and I would hate to lose progress once I leave my apartment.

My Ideal Aquarium

Message 42 of 119 (419 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 11, 2012

When you say blocks are you talking about furniture slots?

Message 43 of 119 (407 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3345 posts

Dec 11, 2012

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

When you say blocks Joey are you talking about furniture slots?

nDreams_Joey?

Message 44 of 119 (404 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Dec 11, 2012

oh goodness not my day today.

Message 45 of 119 (395 Views)
Fender Bender
3345 posts

Dec 11, 2012

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

MORE COFFEE !!! :-)

Message 46 of 119 (390 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 11, 2012

ck2875 wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

MORE COFFEE !!! :-)

More sleep is more like it. Have been going to bed late and getting up early. I'm interested in this item and really would want to know what is so different about the 20 dollar bundle. The most I've ever spent on a single Home item is 14.99 when I purchased the TV bundle.

Not sure how much info there will be in the item descriptions tomorrow. I will most likey be listening to the feedback on this one to see what the community thinks before spending any of my money. I'm never in a rush these days and actually make it a point of waiting before getting stuff!

Smiley Happy

Message 47 of 119 (383 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
864 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 11, 2012

ck2875 wrote:

Hey DL,

First, thanks for coming up with this item, as I am a huge fan of aquariums.

Could you perhaps explain the Ultimate Bundle a bit more? Does the adjustable size mean that we can switch between any of the available tanks (like have the giant one or the circular one) or we are only able to change the scale of that particular item?

Also, are the settings for these tanks saved into the script settings or stored on your servers somewhere? I am just thinking about other active items that reset once you leave the space, and I would hate to lose progress once I leave my apartment.

Hey CK, you can change the scale of the ultimate tank. There is a maximim and a minimum size due to some limitations. You will notice, if you get this bundle that the actual collision of the tank will not scale. This is because we can't dynamically change the collision of an item.... yet. We're working with Sony to find a solution, and hopefully in the future the collision will be scaleable too.

All of your saved data will be stored on our servers. Each tank of that type can be unique to that personal space if you change one of the settings in the aquarium's options. For example: If you have a Large Tank in your Saloon, and you go to place a Large Tank in your Space Station. Depending on your setting it will be a cloned copy of your Saloon tank, OR it will be a brand new unique tank. Keep in mind that all unique tanks need to be fed and cleaned individually.

TL DR - When you return to your tank all of your progress is saved.

Follow us: http://twitter.com/digitalleisure ------- Like us: https://www.facebook.com/DigitalLeisure
Message 48 of 119 (367 Views)
Gaming Beast
864 posts

Dec 11, 2012

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Yes furniture slots, my mistake. They look like blocks to me lol.

Message 49 of 119 (363 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 11, 2012

digitalleisure wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Yes furniture slots, my mistake. They look like blocks to me lol.

Ok thank you! Smiley Happy

And I suspect the ultimate bundle includes all the tank sizes because it's scaleable. Is that a correct assumption or are the different sizes different items in your furniture inventory?

Message 50 of 119 (361 Views)
0 Likes