Treasure Hunter
4495 posts

Re: The Pet Shop & Aquarium - PlayStation Home - Digital Leisure

[ Edited ]
Jan 24, 2013

D-Nitrate wrote:

buckallmighty wrote:
Go to the tank you want clones of, set that one to the clone setting, then go to the tanks you want to change, go to "other" and click reset.

Works great btw. Much easier than feeding several tanks a day.

Kudos and Thanks!  Itbworked just as you said.  before, I was really worried about losing my older fish.

I spoke too soon.  While the second tank I went to and used the reset button changed that tank to the one with my older fish.  When I went to a dif space to do the same, when I selected RESET, it just showed the tank being empty.  I thought maybe it just hadn't loaded, but when I went back to my original space with the oldest fish, it was now empty!!!!   I've lost my fish that were nearly 60 days old....

UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 111 of 119 (227 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
10644 posts

Feb 1, 2013
Dang that sucks sorry to hear that fella. Its worked fine for me that way and i reset at least 5 tanks after i set my main tank to clone.

I recently deleted home completely and took a much needed break from it. Decided yesterday i couldnt leave my purchases behind just yet so i figured i would stick to myselves and go on a redecorating spree.

Even after pulling my fishtank back out it was still just the way i left it even though i deleted home completely and my original tank i had set to clone was long gone. Only difference was a bunch of dead fish. I payed the $1 for fish tonic and revived my fish. But now everytime i go to a space with a fishtank weather its mine or a friends i get a message telling me i unlocked a starfish...
Message 112 of 119 (187 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
4495 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 8, 2013

buckallmighty wrote:
Dang that sucks sorry to hear that fella. Its worked fine for me that way and i reset at least 5 tanks after i set my main tank to clone.

I recently deleted home completely and took a much needed break from it. Decided yesterday i couldnt leave my purchases behind just yet so i figured i would stick to myselves and go on a redecorating spree.

Even after pulling my fishtank back out it was still just the way i left it even though i deleted home completely and my original tank i had set to clone was long gone. Only difference was a bunch of dead fish. I payed the $1 for fish tonic and revived my fish. But now everytime i go to a space with a fishtank weather its mine or a friends i get a message telling me i unlocked a starfish...

I also am getting the same message about unlocking the starfish each time I enter a space with a fish tank.... Oh and Digital Leisure is saying they can't do anything about my lost fish.    Just when I praised them for updating their active item arcade cabinets from 22 slots to just 1... Now this nonsense.    You'd think they'd be a tad more understanding considering how badly their instructions are for changing multiple tanks to clones of a specific tank.

All I know for sure is that I went from fish that were nearly 60 days old to 0 in one instant.   

I'm still holding out hope someone at Digital Leisure will find a way to restore my fish... wiping out 60 days of keeping them alive is ridiculous not to have a fail safe option.

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 113 of 119 (153 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
864 posts

Feb 8, 2013

Hey Guys

I just want to chime in here about clone and unique tanks. The best way to go from having unique tanks, to cloned tanks is this.

1. Remove all of the tanks except the one you want to be cloned.

2. Set your tank to clone.

3. Leave and re-enter your scene

4. Now any new tank will be cloned to this one that you have.

Please keep in mind whenever you decide to reset your tank this is permanent. This will remove the fish from our servers and not even we can bring back the fish. If you reset a cloned tank you are reseting all of your cloned tanks.

Follow us: http://twitter.com/digitalleisure ------- Like us: https://www.facebook.com/DigitalLeisure
Message 114 of 119 (143 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1311 posts

Feb 8, 2013

digitalleisure wrote:

Hey Guys

I just want to chime in here about clone and unique tanks. The best way to go from having unique tanks, to cloned tanks is this.

Please keep in mind whenever you decide to reset your tank this is permanent. This will remove the fish from our servers and not even we can bring back the fish. If you reset a cloned tank you are reseting all of your cloned tanks.

Question:

If we put clone tanks in other spaces, do we have to feed all the clones or just one in any space?

Message 115 of 119 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
10644 posts

Feb 8, 2013
Well thats good to know. Any idea why the reset thing worked for me and not him though? Thats how i was told to do it by someone at the pet shop and it worked fine for me.
Message 116 of 119 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
10644 posts

Feb 8, 2013
Just one of them in any space @snowstone
Message 117 of 119 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1311 posts

Feb 8, 2013

buckallmighty wrote:
Just one of them in any space @snowstone

Thanks

Message 118 of 119 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4495 posts

Feb 8, 2013

digitalleisure wrote:

Hey Guys

Kudos!   If you don't mind I'm going to make a dedicated thread for these instructions so others might find them more easily.  If possible, you all may want to think about adding those instructions to the menu of the fish tanks for those that don't follow these forums.

"Like it never happened"

Message 119 of 119 (120 Views)
0 Likes