Uncharted Territory
1157 posts

Re: The Penthouse Tour: Presented by superlatives

Oct 6, 2012

Most people value honesty.

Most people are also irritated by brownnosers and tattletales, especially the dramatic type.

Accessing this space ahead of time is neither hacking nor stealing.

Gamers are the worst f*cking people. ~ Phil Fish

Message 21 of 108 (444 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 6, 2012

StardustChampion wrote:

Most people value honesty.

Most people are also irritated by brownnosers and tattletales, especially the dramatic type.

Accessing this space ahead of time is neither hacking nor stealing.

What do you call taking something thats  not for public use yet from one person that it was given to for tours/preview only? A honest glitch trick?

HomeStationMagazine
Message 22 of 108 (430 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1157 posts

Oct 6, 2012

It would depend upon the method used to obtain the space. I'm not familiar with how it was done, so I won't comment.

But it's definitely not hacking or glitching. Few people know what those words mean.

It may have involved cracking. It may have involved an exploit.

Legally, accessing this space without permission is not theft.

Message 23 of 108 (418 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

Oct 6, 2012

StardustChampion wrote:

It would depend upon the method used to obtain the space. I'm not familiar with how it was done, so I won't comment.

But it's definitely not hacking or glitching. Few people know what those words mean.

It may have involved cracking. It may have involved an exploit.

Legally, accessing this space without permission is not theft.

It's a glitch trick. Sony is aware.

HomeStationMagazine
Message 24 of 108 (408 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1157 posts

Oct 6, 2012

It can't be a glitch if it's repeatable. Glitches are hardware flukes.

The term "glitcher" is a misnomer. These people are exploiting software bugs or, in the case of Home, collision geometry.

Message 25 of 108 (390 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

Oct 6, 2012

StardustChampion wrote:

I'm not familiar with how it was done, so I won't comment.

I do.

HomeStationMagazine
Message 26 of 108 (378 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
621 posts

Oct 6, 2012

First Jersquall:

Appreciate the words! While I've appreciated the work and effort of past AND current HCVs, and DISagreed with much of the criticism that HCVs received, I have to admit that giving tours is harder than even I imagined.

As far as others having the Penthouse: all I know is that it's NOT being made public until the end of the month. Whether others having it is "honest" or "dishonest": I've left that to Digital Leisure. Since their servers connect each time you enter the Penthouse because of the games, THEY know who has the Penthouse now. And THEY can decide how to deal with those users.

I can tell you one thing: DL delayed awarding the Season 1 Leaderboard jackets for one reason: so they could be switched to PSN vouchers. Reason: so ONLY the winners would own them. I think that indicates how DL will view them.

Message 27 of 108 (367 Views)
First Son
10 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 6, 2012

superlatives wrote:

First Jersquall:

Appreciate the words! While I've appreciated the work and effort of past AND current HCVs, and DISagreed with much of the criticism that HCVs received, I have to admit that giving tours is harder than even I imagined.

As far as others having the Penthouse: all I know is that it's NOT being made public until the end of the month. Whether others having it is "honest" or "dishonest": I've left that to Digital Leisure. Since their servers connect each time you enter the Penthouse because of the games, THEY know who has the Penthouse now. And THEY can decide how to deal with those users.

I can tell you one thing: DL delayed awarding the Season 1 Leaderboard jackets for one reason: so they could be switched to PSN vouchers. Reason: so ONLY the winners would own them. I think that indicates how DL will view them.

I didin't know a virtual dollhouse meant this much to you, remind me next time to not get the next one you get early.

Message 28 of 108 (361 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
837 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 6, 2012

Is the fish tank the reward from the yacht or is it part of the pent house? nvm ? answerd

Message 29 of 108 (299 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1157 posts

TRe: The Penthouse Tour: Presented by superlatives

Oct 6, 2012

The Large Tropical Fish Tank is awarded after collecting all the hidden furniture on the Dream Yacht.

Message 30 of 108 (444 Views)
0 Likes