Uncharted Territory
1187 posts

Re: The Official HomeStation Magazine (HSM) Thread

Sep 1, 2011

Aloha, HSM readers!

It's an exciting time to be a Sony gaming enthusiast; Home is about to be revamped and expanded, the PlayStation Vita is on the horizon, and there's a general sense that the PS3 has really hit its stride. Today's article examines the Vita; is it possible that, one day, we might be able to experience Home on the PSV?

Also, take a look at the announcement of some truly adorable virtual pets from LOOT! Highly recommended for head-exploding levels of cuteness.

Written from the HomeStation,

NorseGamer

Editor-in-Chief, HSM

www.hsmagazine.net

Message 90 of 926 (465 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1187 posts

Sep 2, 2011

Aloha, HSM readers!

Today's article, written by Burbie52 (head of the Grey Gamers), examines an aquarium in Home and asks an interesting question: can Home -- and virtual reality in general -- be used to educate as well as entertain?

As an aside, we've recently received a few inquiries regarding HSM's guest submissions policy; please note that the HomeStation website has a "Submissions" tab in the upper-right-hand corner, and we will happily review any guest submissions we receive and consider them for possible publication. We just received a guest submission today which I, personally, find most interesting.

The quote of the day comes from Ro Schro, in a reader response to tbaby's recent article: "Are all the female writers on HSM models with IQ's of like 140 or more?"

NorseGamer

Editor-in-Chief, HSM

www.hsmagazine.net

Message 91 of 926 (465 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1187 posts

Sep 3, 2011

Aloha, HSM readers!

Today's article -- a guest contribution by ted2112 -- asks the same question Morpheus asked over a decade ago: what is real?

Home is a community, but it's a community unlike any that the real world could possibly produce. In fact, does a virtual world meet the definition of a community? Some fascinating questions are asked herein.

NorseGamer

Editor-in-Chief, HSM

www.hsmagazine.net

Message 92 of 926 (465 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1187 posts

Sep 4, 2011

Aloha, HSM readers!

Today sees two articles published to the HomeStation: the first article is a review of Back to the Future: The Game, and the second article is a discussion of the survey results from Keara's survey of homosexuality in Home, as a continuation of our cover story from Issue #7.

Here's hoping everyone has a great holiday weekend!

NorseGamer

Editor-in-Chief, HSM

www.hsmagazine.net

Message 93 of 926 (465 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3473 posts

Sep 4, 2011

Im still Kinda confused, sorry for posting again... Yet all these ones your listing... they are in this mag? Or do they come out in a month or something? these ones are ones I have to log into the site to read? Some things I am interested in and cant find them in the mag... You siad they get saved for the next one right?

Photobucket
Message 94 of 926 (465 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

Sep 4, 2011

HSM issues a new published  article daily. None of these are in the issue 7 magazine because that has already been published, Some of these new articles may be in issue 8 along with new articles held out just for issue 8.

So to recap. everything you are seeing here posted daily, these are all brand new and not rehashed from older magazine issues.

Patchex wrote:

Im still Kinda confused, sorry for posting again... Yet all these ones your listing... they are in this mag? Or do they come out in a month or something? these ones are ones I have to log into the site to read? Some things I am interested in and cant find them in the mag... You siad they get saved for the next one right?

HomeStationMagazine
Message 95 of 926 (465 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2284 posts

Sep 5, 2011

Basically, there are TWO areas at www.hsmagazine.net.  The first is the 'daily articles' website.  What you see when you first arrive.  There are articles in there, page after page after page, dating back to last November.  Almost 300 different articles. 

Then at the top of the first page of the website is the Dashboard where you find quick links to the archived articles (by type), Reviews, the Podcasts, and the Videos.

In the right corner, you see the cover of the latest Issue of the magazine.  If you click on that magazine cover, it takes you to the latest issue of the magazine, which is more than 100 pages of additional articles plus a few favorites from the prior month and a lot of new ones also.

So, basically, there's a LOT of stuff curated in there and it will take some exploring if you want to see it all.

Message 96 of 926 (465 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1187 posts

Sep 5, 2011

Aloha, HSM readers!

Today's article is a review of the talk of the town right now -- the Tycoon Penthouse!

Personal estates in Home range from the whimsical to the ponderous, and from abstract to photorealistic. If you like urban-themed estates, then you really have to check out the Tycoon Penthouse for yourself. Preferably with the O'Jays playing in the background. You know which song.

NorseGamer

Editor-in-Chief, HSM

www.hsmagazine.net

Message 97 of 926 (465 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2284 posts

Sep 5, 2011

I have a question for the members of this Forum.  Unlike some of the other writers for HSM and most of the writers for other Home related magazines, I tend to write more about the social gamer aspects of Home.  I admit, I am not that good as a game reviewer, movie reviewer, or announcer of new releases.  So I write about the people I meet in Home, the other gamers and how they are experiencing Home. But I want to know what aspects of the Home social scene you would like investigated.  Please let me know if there are social issues happening in Home that you think are interesting.

Message 98 of 926 (465 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1187 posts

Sep 6, 2011

Aloha, HSM readers!

Today's article, written by Keara22HI, deals with pricing strategies in Home, and the psychology behind it.

Virtual reality is a fascinating business model: you “buy” commodities that are intangible. But those commodities are actually experiences. And we buy intangible experiences on a regular basis.

As discussed previously in HSM, pricing in Home is as much art as it is science. So what are Home commodities “worth” to you?

NorseGamer

Editor-in-Chief, HSM

www.hsmagazine.net

Message 99 of 926 (465 Views)
0 Likes