And I have a headache

Photobucket
Message 40 of 926 (276 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5092 posts

Re: The Official HomeStation Magazine (HSM) Thread

Aug 24, 2011

That's funny. I had a headache last night. Can't imagine why.

Care for an aspirin?

DiamondDust816 wrote:

And I have a headache

Photobucket
Message 41 of 926 (276 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

Aug 24, 2011

This is a huge issue! So many pages and great articles. Great job HSM!

Direct link http://cdn.hsmagazine.net/issues/index_issue7_kI5FQ8338G2b8no.html#/0

HomeStationMagazine
Message 42 of 926 (276 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2284 posts

Aug 24, 2011

Well, kudos to NorseGamer and CheekyGuy for having such strength of conviction to explore one of the social aspects of Home from a fair and unbiased standpoint.  You might polarize people, you might shock them, you might even lose some of your readers, but you will make them stop and think.  Unless someone's prejudice is so deeply ingrained that it has become part of the core of a his being, the articles in this landmark issue should help people overcome the real-life habit of making snap decisions about others before getting to know them as people.

Home is one of those very rare places where we are able to meet others without the visual cues that often trigger prejudices.  The only thing you really know about any avatar you meet is their conversational skill.  In real life they could be any race, any color, any age, any physical appearance, any political affiliation, any religion, and any sexual orientation.  So, in essence you are forced to either get to know people as people instead of stereotypes - or spend all your time in Home alone.  And your friend choices ultimately become based on the qualities of the inner person rather than the "real life" external version.

Message 43 of 926 (276 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1187 posts

Aug 24, 2011

Aloha, HSM readers!

Today's article is an examination, by Gideon (from HairBrained Ideas), of the massive announcements made recently about the upcoming changes to PlayStation Home. If you have not yet familiarized yourself with what's coming, check out the Official PlayStation Blog for more information. Home is about to undergo quite a metamorphosis, and there's a heck of a lot to anticipate.

Also, we're proud to announce the release of our seventh issue! This particular issue is absolutely jampacked with some amazing content, including a cover story that should have everyone talking. We also offer a Home comic strip from our readers in France, a developer interview, a variety of social stories, and -- drumroll, please -- a series of games which unlock some really cool swag that you don't want to miss out on!

Let us know what you thought of Issue #7!

Written from the HomeStation,

NorseGamer

Editor-in-Chief, HSM

www.hsmagazine.net

Message 44 of 926 (276 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
364 posts

Aug 24, 2011

(zombis love brains fed by HSM!)zombihsm.jpg

Message 45 of 926 (276 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Aug 24, 2011

Loving the new issue! And JPConway... saw your interview! Awesome.

Message 46 of 926 (276 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

Aug 24, 2011

love me some JPConway. he is an awesome guy. great article as well.

HomeStationMagazine
Message 47 of 926 (276 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5047 posts

Aug 24, 2011

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Loving the new issue! And JPConway... saw your interview! Awesome.

Thanks Ms J.  Had fun chatting with cheeky during the interview.

A few discrepancies though - but I am sure that when trying to write stuff down - some things can get "lost in the sauce"

First off - and its no biggie - name is Jon *Not Jeff* - JP is short for Jon Pierre *my first and middle name*

Second - I recieved a "General Under Honorable Discharge" from the USAF - for having the homosexual tendencies.  I spent the last 6 months of my life in the USAF fighting the Dishonorable Discharge for my way of life.  This was back in late 1979 - before they had the Don't Ask Don't Tell Rule.

I felt that since I hadn't really done anything wrong - that I didn't deserve the Dishonorable.  I had to put up with a lot of hatred during my last 6 months - I lost my security clearance for my job - I was in Air Defense at the time - a "scope dope" or radar operator.

I had to do "dorm duty" which was basically cleaning/mowing........and had quite a few objects thrown at me while I was doing my job including beer bottles and other heavy objects.  I am sure that many of the officers/enlisted men just wanted me out - but I wasn't going to give them the satisfaction.

The part about the English talk show host is highlited - and not from me but I believe from Cheeky himself.  We were talking about how homosexuality was viewed back in the late 70's and early 80's.  My parents also thought it was a "disease of the mind" and when I got out of the USAF - that was one of the first things they told me when I got to see them.  That I could be "cured".

I have been with my partner for a little over 21 years - and yes - to a point my folks still won't recognize our relationship.  Even if/when we can get married or even a legal committment - I doubt they may ever understand - but I love em just the same.

JPConway

Message 48 of 926 (276 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
291 posts

Aug 24, 2011

Indeed, ‘twas a great interview. I personally want to thank you for being so forthcoming with insight into your life and history. I have no doubt that some of the topics you touched on are sore spots, but hopefully your candor and honesty will be rewarded with a greater understanding and tolerance. I, for one, applaud you and wholeheartedly appreciated reading what you had to say.

And congrats on 21 years to you and your partner. That’s one heck of a stretch!

dont panic 2 400x136
Message 49 of 926 (276 Views)
0 Likes