9 replies 514 views Edited Feb 10, 2013

What do they do? 

Message 1 of 10 (514 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
101 posts

Re: The New Tables - Interactive Item

Feb 10, 2013

Unless you can be more specific it's going to be impossible to know which tables you are referring to

Message 2 of 10 (507 Views)
Survivor
1979 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 10, 2013

They were released on Feb 06 2013. The one i got has different table cloths and place settings. That's about it for the interaction that i can see, But I also got the black one that has no changeable features but still is an interactive item when i sit at it.

You can get the same experience if you go to Peer Park and sit at the new tables there. I just cant seem to do anything but sit and talk which is the same as just sitting in a chair and talking. XD

I know we are going into an interactive item by the icon above my avatar but usually there is different things to do and control. But i just cannot seem to find them.

Message 3 of 10 (499 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1729 posts

Feb 10, 2013
What makes these items interactive are the fact that u can sit on em and get up and thats pretty much it.
I know exactly what tables u are referring too
From game mechanics.
The whole point to these items is for us to have a complete table ready to sit on without having the need to worry about how far items get placed such as chairs to table and the distance that it requires to and from each separate items distance in order for us to be able to sit on it.
With these tables we have the ability to sit in the chairs which are already baked in and stand up at any moment and nvr get stuck.
Thats why they are interactive.
So we can all have a one/ two complete combo and distance between chairs and table arent a benefactor.
Its also saves slots at times and provides much more room as well
The ones that are able to provide a different setting. Well thats also just another perk and another slot.
Bu as i said. The whole point and why theyre active is because of that ability to sit and stand.
- Restless Dreams.
Message 4 of 10 (477 Views)
Fender Bender
3264 posts

Feb 10, 2013

The best part of this table, aside from being able to make small customizations, is it only takes 6 furniture slots.  To set a table for 4 previously, you were looking at using a minumum of 9 slots and usually more.

Message 5 of 10 (398 Views)
Highlighted
Game Mechanics Developer
193 posts

Feb 11, 2013

The Elegant Dining Table takes up 6 slots, but the other tables only take up 3 slots. The goal was two fold, to have the chairs able to be sat in while close to the table and to take up less slots (four chairs and a table only taking up 3 slots). And the price is basically the same as if you bought the chair and table separately. So win, win, win all around.

Message 6 of 10 (325 Views)
I Only Post Everything
676 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 11, 2013

Looks like a useful item, I'm always fiddling with the chairs to get them as close as possible and this simplifies things, while taking up fewer slots. Would be nice to see larger active tables as well, like the Juggernaut festive table (seats 6) but with a non-festive theme.

Message 7 of 10 (299 Views)
Survivor
1979 posts

Feb 20, 2013
Oh, so its for programming only that we go into an interactive item. NP, I was just thinking that there were more options, such as a toast, or cheers actions. lol Just wishful thinking on my part. thx for the replies. XD
Message 8 of 10 (187 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5128 posts

Feb 20, 2013

Enistachia,

Yea them tables are a great buy in my opinion it will save you slots as mentioned if you was to put regular tables with chairs. and plus they do look nice Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 10 (150 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
582 posts

Feb 20, 2013
It's a great item for restaurant or cafe spaces for example.
Message 10 of 10 (138 Views)
0 Likes