Treasure Hunter
6986 posts

Re: The Never Ending Home and the PS4 Question

Feb 22, 2013

ANNO-DOMlNl wrote:

um i think your figures are wrong son. I'm a manager even though my typing sucks a chub i can tell you gross is not net profit and sony arent worth 20 billion dollars not even apple are 1 trillion they closer to 4 or 500 billion. take your 35 million cut it in 3 then multiply it by 5 or 10 dollars now say 2 out of 5 spend a lot of money so cut that 11.6mil into 4.66mil and multiple that by hmmm try 200 big ones and see what you get. it wont be 1.2 trillion and whatever it is gotta keep the ship from sinking over 8 years yeah thats right 8 years they spent inc making home. whatever theyre making its probably not close to being psn's top dawg

Sony is one of Japan's largest corporations by revenue. It had revenues of ¥6.395 trillion in 2012. It also maintains large reserves of cash, with ¥13.29 trillion on hand as of 2012.

it stock is worth  16 billion which  close enough to the 20 billion  of your estimates .. I work in business  as well,It hard  do yen to us dollar in the mind and say how much something is worth.  13 trillion  yen is 1.2- 1.3 trillion  in us dollars.   So they are worth 1.2 trillion 

Home is  psn biggest money maker.. that is just a fact. they are making money on that its been written all over the net. I said my esimates are based  on if all 35 million folk bought 35k$ worth items on home. It wasnt a definate number as in a a factof sale.  I know they  making at least 100 milion a year if not more, if all those folk  just spent 1$ and  its  for the  whole year  its  still would be  35  million in sales. They have sales every week and  i know they make more than 11.6 million.. if your  talking net after taxes you could be right.. I wasnt going that far into it.  LOL

I  repsect your arguement thought..

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Message 41 of 111 (459 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
392 posts

Feb 22, 2013
13 trillion yen is a fraction shy of 140billion US. what business are you in the monkey business. also GROSS is not NET a corp can make a bazillion dollars but if they cost a bazillion and 1 dollar to run they are operatin at a loss get it
Message 42 of 111 (445 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6986 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 22, 2013

ANNO-DOMlNl wrote:
13 trillion yen is a fraction shy of 140billion US. what business are you in the monkey business. also GROSS is not NET a corp can make a bazillion dollars but if they cost a bazillion and 1 dollar to run they are operatin at a loss get it

It not easy to translate yen to  us dollars from the t of your head going into the billion  trillion dude.   Sony operates on japanese currenty not usa currentcy  ther-for they are worth  13 trillion. if want   to add that tax   they  1.2 trillion  last year alone...  I know what net lost is.. dude. 

I think your operating at lost with your manners.   How about that. want  to be straight to that facts..  I just gave them to you.

i dont care about net worth and gross worth, its new arguement of  opinions . The  point if the thread is ps3 home need to be on ps4 in  a waay becuase it help  will sell  ps4 consoles.. sheshh.. it 35 million user there and if they buy  ps4 just for pshome.  THey will continue to play  ps3 version of home on ps4 if sony put it there and they will continue to make mass revenue off ps home and those gamers..

Nothing you can say can dispute that if 35 million game spent 1 $ thats  35 million for the year.  No one is counting tax, it not our job to   be counting tax no on  here is  Irs. They  could be getting corporate welfare and pay nohing in  tax and keep all reveneue and get  kick back    sales.  .. NO one knows the truth. So stop playing good claims lawyer.

My estimation  as a  assumation not a fact. sheesh I know they ahve made more than 11 million by your claims

Mcbuttz78

Message 43 of 111 (422 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 22, 2013

mcbuttz78 wrote:
the psn store and new stoe is one and the  same. The subcribtion base thing will replace psn+.  Ps world  or w/e they are calling it. It  another that deal  with  transitions. It willbe the same thing but with more perks included into it than it has today.

And you know this how?  and why are you acting like you work for Sony?

The truth is they are not one and the same I don't know where you think your getting your info from but it's very unlikely Sony would goof up like that.  The new Store will be bigger and better then the store we have now.  Are you afraid of change or something?  You seem to think it will be the same old PSN the same old PS-Store and the same old PSN-Home.  Now that I think of it you seem to think nothing at all will chage on the new PS4.  

I get my numbers from online sony themselves with their  account of  players joinning. Ps home is sony biggest money maker on psn thats a known fact they wont disclose the actual profits but if its  35 million people have account and  everything on home  might cost ( please correc tme if it lower or higher . im guess 35k-40 K$

Umm, NO!  Your not getting off that easy...  What are you trying to tell me you called up Sony and spoke to someone that works on Home?  Seeing how the people who work on Home don't talk to the public.  But some how you did?  Show a link or no one is going to buy it.

it simple math

35 million  times( im guess everyone  has bought something at the rate 35K dollars which is a example btw)   35mill x. oo35  equal  1.2 billion which about is right  ( ill  say  190-600million to be safe),  sony made from my  math 1.2 trillion if not 2trillion last year alone. ps home  as  a whole is up  250%  psn  sale was up 456%..  So this number is about as close as it could be. Psn was  sony biggest profit by percentages, this includes another games an movies  sub and that  jazz. I know for a fact ps home was the number 1  seller every year  of psn  if not in the top 3 every year. Also  I  said it would be  bad buisness to scrap  ps3 home now ,rathr than keep it going  on ps4 in some kind of fashion  as  is with no back up plan to regain that revenue.

Ok, lol again you don't work for Sony.  Also

The Truth: Registered users are not active users.  Sony is always comeing up and saying "Good News we just got 8 million registered users"  First you have to understand thats just a list of users that have loged-on in the past 6 years some where on for a few min's and some stayed.  Most likely a lot of the users from 2007 moved on by now and don't use Home any more.

So don't let the numbers fool you.

If  theytry to build another it will  be more expensive becuase of techs. I know ps home has been around since 2005 and i know there was scrapped psp version of home( below) . The home we have to day could not work on ps2 its been said, it was planned but could not work the graphics where nothing near what we have today.

"it will be more expensive" Ok, what will be more expensive?

• If your saying it would be more expensive to make.  Then the answer is NO.  Technology is just so much better today and maken things like Home would be easyer.
  • If your saying the price of everything in this new world would cost more then YES.  But when was the last time you seen prices in anything go down?  Trust me in a few years no matter what prices in Home will go up.

I understand your arguement about the psn store, but the gaikai stream  deal sony did .  They  siad  those guys where suppose to bring  all those psn/ps3 games  and w/e it maybe to ps4 online or sonyonline store  i  have heard  2-3k  titles online at launch.  So people could purchase day one. Thats the way i  read it and heard it(( i could have mis-heard it  and those games were just giakai games) . Thats the why deal was made  from my understanding. It was the reason  sony bought them to do digital streaming of their  (  playstation )titles and  giakai titles.  It make no sence to launch a digital store with all psn games  and ps3 and etc in it and you  cannot use it on ps4... Has this changed, i dont know,   But i  will look in to  it. With greater detail to see where i have mis spoken or the confusion is. I dont think im wrong.. Im 1oo% certain  im  right.

Did you read this?  I already posted this but I'll post it again.

"In a roundtable conversation with journalists, President of Sony’s Worldwide Studios noted that PS3 games of both the retail and downloadable variety will not be compatible with PlayStation 4, at least not natively. In other words, your PS3 discs won’t work in the new console nor will the games you downloaded. This means that hits like Journey, The Unfinished Swan, Shatter and hundreds of other games available in the digital space will not be carried over to PlayStation 4 in addition to the collection of PS3 discs sitting on your shelf."

Sorry to say your 100% just went down a tad.

I dont think sony will  make us pay for online out right. i think  from reading that red line its going to be  2 plans. Because ps+ is really  2 plans service for the gamer. The key  word to  start is  "most" which  means not every everthing  will require you to be online but a majority will be online, since it streaming  and  those games are majority  online. Sony has never made the gamer pay for online.

As for the price?  Or pay to play on-line.  That part is still in rumor...  We just don't know yet.  BUT!!!  So far every rumor that we where told about ended up being true so we will find out in June at E3.

I said it wil lbe a bad move it they dont allow the ps3 version home not to be on ps4 in some form of fashion to gain revenue their.  It has 35 million registerd user, who spend money. that 35million units sold in the couple years or so ..   Because alot  just play  ps home and nothing  else from my understanding. I know  folks who have spent  thousands of dollars in ps home.  Sony will need to move unit ps home can move those unit using the ps3  version until they get bettter version ready in ps4  way.. They dont need to do it  this year they can wait till 2015/2016. if they do that this year it will be a  dumb move.  ididnt say its a dumb move to make  ps home  in ps4 way..

I already talked about the 35 millions register users.  Registered users are not active users.  Again don't be fooled.  The truth is that 35 million register users means little to nothing.  I know people with more then one account on Home.  So I'm shure a big part that number is people doing just that.  If they are not using Home then Sony is not maken money and it's pointless to talk.  What Sony should be telling us is how many Home users are on there servers on an average day.

Also can I see a link to this 35 million?  I don't know if your trying to say that many people are on Home or that many PS3's have been sold.

Also did you read this?:

uckle up, Sony enthusiasts. A tipster has told Kotakuthat the PlayStation 4 is named "Orbis" and that it will feature an anti-used-game system, offer no backward compatibility with PlayStation 3 titles, and ship in holiday 2013.

As for the first part of the rumor, multiple sources told the blog that the Orbis will sport some sort of anti-used-game measure. Full Orbis games will be available via Blu-ray disc or as a PlayStation Network download and will be locked to a single PSN account. Players will not be able to circumvent the system by remaining offline, as the source said users will be forced to be connected to the PSN to boot up their games.

Gamers will be free to trade in Orbis games, but the person who purchases a secondhand disc will be restricted to a limited trial mode or "some other form of content restriction." These gamers will be forced to pay a fee to unlock the full title, according to the source.

An earlier report suggested Microsoft's next-generation Xbox would also include some method of blocking gamers from playing used titles. Microsoft has not commented on the matter.

As for backward compatibility, Kotaku's source says Sony has no plans to offer such a service with the Orbis. This would mark a change in approach for Sony, as the PlayStation 2, PS3, and PlayStation Vita have all supported their predecessors' games at launch in some form.

Concerning timing, the Orbis will ship during holiday 2013, according to the tipster. This person says Sony has been sending Orbis dev kits to "select developers" since the beginning of the year. New iterations of these kits were reportedly dispatched earlier this month, with "finalized beta units" headed to developers at the end of 2012.

This matches up with an earlier rumor, which suggested that several studios--including one "major Sony-owned" developer--had moved entirely to PS4 game development.

What kind of technology will the Orbis run on? The site is reporting that developers are being told to plan for an AMD x64 CPU and AMD Southern Islands GPU, the latter of which is capable of running Orbis titles at a resolution of 4096x2160 and 3D games at 1080p. It has been previously suggested that the next-generation PlayStation would be powered by AMD technology.

A Sony representative declined to comment on the matter. For more on speculation concerning the next generation of consoles, check out

http://www.gamespot.com/news/next-playstation-to-lock-out-used-games-report-6368582?

Folding@home Team #118000
GAPHome

General

Message 44 of 111 (413 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3241 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 22, 2013

Just adding a few links for easy reference of what we do know for certain:

The PS4 Will Stream PS1, PS2, And PS3 Games

The PS4 will not feature backwards compatibility with older PlayStation titles, according to today's PlayStation 4 conference. Instead, Sony will use cloud gaming to allow the system to access older PlayStation back catalogue. No details as of yet in regards to whether or not we'll be able to play games we already own.

Read More HERE

PS4 Will Not Require An Always-Online Connection [UPDATE]

Stemming fears of the always-online requirement still rumored strongly for the next Xbox, a Sony PR rep confirmed to Kotaku that: "PS4 games will be playable without an Internet connection."

Read More HERE

These Developers Could Be Working On PS4 Games

original.jpg

Sony showed off this list of developer logos at their PS4 press conference today, and it's got some exciting ones, from big to small, Activision to Spike Chunsoft. Let the speculation begin!

*It's interesting to note that both Granzella and Peakvox are listed.

Read More HERE

Sony, We’d Like A Straight Answer About This Used Games Stuff

It's a simple question: "Can the PlayStation 4 play used games?" After nearly a year of rumors, speculation and mysterious patents indicating that Sony could limit the play of pre-owned titles on its next-generation console we're finally getting answers — answers that leave us with more questions.

Read More HERE

Why Didn’t We See The Actual PlayStation 4 Tonight? Sony’s Boss Explains.

original.jpg

Well, that was weird. We got a console reveal without Sony actually revealing the console. It's left a lot of people confused, maybe even concerned, so given the chance we had to ask: where was the PS4?

"Why do you care?" jokes Shuhei Yoshida, president of Sony's Worldwide Studios.

Read More HERE

PlayStation 4 Tech Specs Released

or44iginal.jpg

We've been speculating and spilling them for months, but Sony has finally revealed, at least partially, the basic spec sheet for the PS4. It's... very basic, but as you can see, there's 8GB of memory, a hard drive and an x86 CPU.

We knew many of these specs (and then some) earlier, but there was always conjecture over whether the 8GB of memory found on the dev kits would be reduced on retail models. Nope!

UPDATE: Sony has released a lot more info on the system's specs, which you can see right here. Some highlights:

Read More HERE

22original.png

PSN purchases will not carry over to PS4 (Update)

[Update: Sony has confirmed to Dale North that it has the ability to honor your PSN purchases through its cloud service. If it chooses to, it can give you everything back in streaming form. Of course, it's not said it will-- and if it doesn't after saying this, it'll open itself up to major criticism. Gotta hope Sony does the decent thing.

Read More HERE

Message 45 of 111 (400 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1006 posts

Feb 22, 2013

I think they might shrink Home if anything, make it more simple, and gamer friendly. Judging from the appraoch they're taking with the PS4, it'd be weird to see the SAME Home on the PS4. 

"There are no atheists in the 85th minute" - Teju Cole
Message 46 of 111 (373 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6986 posts

Feb 22, 2013

King0fHearts2007 wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote:
the psn store and new stoe is one and the  same. The subcribtion base thing will replace psn+.  Ps world  or w/e they are calling it. It  another that deal  with  transitions. It willbe the same thing but with more perks included into it than it has today.

And you know this how?  and why are you acting like you work for Sony?

The truth is they are not one and the same I don't know where you think your getting your info from but it's very unlikely Sony would goof up like that.  The new Store will be bigger and better then the store we have now.  Are you afraid of change or something?  You seem to think it will be the same old PSN the same old PS-Store and the same old PSN-Home.  Now that I think of it you seem to think nothing at all will chage on the new PS4.  

I get my numbers from online sony themselves with their  account of  players joinning. Ps home is sony biggest money maker on psn thats a known fact they wont disclose the actual profits but if its  35 million people have account and  everything on home  might cost ( please correc tme if it lower or higher . im guess 35k-40 K$

Umm, NO!  Your not getting off that easy...  What are you trying to tell me you called up Sony and spoke to someone that works on Home?  Seeing how the people who work on Home don't talk to the public.  But some how you did?  Show a link or no one is going to buy it.

it simple math

35 million  times( im guess everyone  has bought something at the rate 35K dollars which is a example btw)   35mill x. oo35  equal  1.2 billion which about is right  ( ill  say  190-600million to be safe),  sony made from my  math 1.2 trillion if not 2trillion last year alone. ps home  as  a whole is up  250%  psn  sale was up 456%..  So this number is about as close as it could be. Psn was  sony biggest profit by percentages, this includes another games an movies  sub and that  jazz. I know for a fact ps home was the number 1  seller every year  of psn  if not in the top 3 every year. Also  I  said it would be  bad buisness to scrap  ps3 home now ,rathr than keep it going  on ps4 in some kind of fashion  as  is with no back up plan to regain that revenue.

Ok, lol again you don't work for Sony.  Also

The Truth: Registered users are not active users.  Sony is always comeing up and saying "Good News we just got 8 million registered users"  First you have to understand thats just a list of users that have loged-on in the past 6 years some where on for a few min's and some stayed.  Most likely a lot of the users from 2007 moved on by now and don't use Home any more.

So don't let the numbers fool you.

If  theytry to build another it will  be more expensive becuase of techs. I know ps home has been around since 2005 and i know there was scrapped psp version of home( below) . The home we have to day could not work on ps2 its been said, it was planned but could not work the graphics where nothing near what we have today.

"it will be more expensive" Ok, what will be more expensive?

• If your saying it would be more expensive to make.  Then the answer is NO.  Technology is just so much better today and maken things like Home would be easyer.
  • If your saying the price of everything in this new world would cost more then YES.  But when was the last time you seen prices in anything go down?  Trust me in a few years no matter what prices in Home will go up.

I understand your arguement about the psn store, but the gaikai stream  deal sony did .  They  siad  those guys where suppose to bring  all those psn/ps3 games  and w/e it maybe to ps4 online or sonyonline store  i  have heard  2-3k  titles online at launch.  So people could purchase day one. Thats the way i  read it and heard it(( i could have mis-heard it  and those games were just giakai games) . Thats the why deal was made  from my understanding. It was the reason  sony bought them to do digital streaming of their  (  playstation )titles and  giakai titles.  It make no sence to launch a digital store with all psn games  and ps3 and etc in it and you  cannot use it on ps4... Has this changed, i dont know,   But i  will look in to  it. With greater detail to see where i have mis spoken or the confusion is. I dont think im wrong.. Im 1oo% certain  im  right.

Did you read this?  I already posted this but I'll post it again.

"In a roundtable conversation with journalists, President of Sony’s Worldwide Studios noted that PS3 games of both the retail and downloadable variety will not be compatible with PlayStation 4, at least not natively. In other words, your PS3 discs won’t work in the new console nor will the games you downloaded. This means that hits like Journey, The Unfinished Swan, Shatter and hundreds of other games available in the digital space will not be carried over to PlayStation 4 in addition to the collection of PS3 discs sitting on your shelf."

Sorry to say your 100% just went down a tad.

I dont think sony will  make us pay for online out right. i think  from reading that red line its going to be  2 plans. Because ps+ is really  2 plans service for the gamer. The key  word to  start is  "most" which  means not every everthing  will require you to be online but a majority will be online, since it streaming  and  those games are majority  online. Sony has never made the gamer pay for online.

As for the price?  Or pay to play on-line.  That part is still in rumor...  We just don't know yet.  BUT!!!  So far every rumor that we where told about ended up being true so we will find out in June at E3.

I said it wil lbe a bad move it they dont allow the ps3 version home not to be on ps4 in some form of fashion to gain revenue their.  It has 35 million registerd user, who spend money. that 35million units sold in the couple years or so ..   Because alot  just play  ps home and nothing  else from my understanding. I know  folks who have spent  thousands of dollars in ps home.  Sony will need to move unit ps home can move those unit using the ps3  version until they get bettter version ready in ps4  way.. They dont need to do it  this year they can wait till 2015/2016. if they do that this year it will be a  dumb move.  ididnt say its a dumb move to make  ps home  in ps4 way..

I already talked about the 35 millions register users.  Registered users are not active users.  Again don't be fooled.  The truth is that 35 million register users means little to nothing.  I know people with more then one account on Home.  So I'm shure a big part that number is people doing just that.  If they are not using Home then Sony is not maken money and it's pointless to talk.  What Sony should be telling us is how many Home users are on there servers on an average day.

Also can I see a link to this 35 million?  I don't know if your trying to say that many people are on Home or that many PS3's have been sold.

Also did you read this?:

uckle up, Sony enthusiasts. A tipster has told Kotakuthat the PlayStation 4 is named "Orbis" and that it will feature an anti-used-game system, offer no backward compatibility with PlayStation 3 titles, and ship in holiday 2013.

As for the first part of the rumor, multiple sources told the blog that the Orbis will sport some sort of anti-used-game measure. Full Orbis games will be available via Blu-ray disc or as a PlayStation Network download and will be locked to a single PSN account. Players will not be able to circumvent the system by remaining offline, as the source said users will be forced to be connected to the PSN to boot up their games.

Gamers will be free to trade in Orbis games, but the person who purchases a secondhand disc will be restricted to a limited trial mode or "some other form of content restriction." These gamers will be forced to pay a fee to unlock the full title, according to the source.

An earlier report suggested Microsoft's next-generation Xbox would also include some method of blocking gamers from playing used titles. Microsoft has not commented on the matter.

As for backward compatibility, Kotaku's source says Sony has no plans to offer such a service with the Orbis. This would mark a change in approach for Sony, as the PlayStation 2, PS3, and PlayStation Vita have all supported their predecessors' games at launch in some form.

Concerning timing, the Orbis will ship during holiday 2013, according to the tipster. This person says Sony has been sending Orbis dev kits to "select developers" since the beginning of the year. New iterations of these kits were reportedly dispatched earlier this month, with "finalized beta units" headed to developers at the end of 2012.

This matches up with an earlier rumor, which suggested that several studios--including one "major Sony-owned" developer--had moved entirely to PS4 game development.

What kind of technology will the Orbis run on? The site is reporting that developers are being told to plan for an AMD x64 CPU and AMD Southern Islands GPU, the latter of which is capable of running Orbis titles at a resolution of 4096x2160 and 3D games at 1080p. It has been previously suggested that the next-generation PlayStation would be powered by AMD technology.

A Sony representative declined to comment on the matter. For more on speculation concerning the next generation of consoles, check out

http://www.gamespot.com/news/next-playstation-to-lock-out-used-games-report-6368582?

1. dude the psn store and the  sonyonline digital store is one and same they  both a are sony stores? They do the same  thing and the sonyonline store mightbe the only inthe near future , becuas eit does the  same exact thing.

2. I dont call anyone for the  numbers  you  see in there percentages and how see hiw many division of profits that they have in psn and   look at the user base percentages which they release to public. you could estimate what making the money.. I assure you ps home make more   than you assume.people play  ps hme  every day  millions play everyday and buy something  than  direct  psn store  purchase for a  digital game.   vitural items sell better and faster  than games becuase they come cheaper,  it would be silly to think other wise.

3.  that was my  estimation not a said fact tha tall35 million come on  everyday. I said if all  35 million  bought everthing on home during its life time which  around 35K$ or so .  you could  see how much money  they could and should have made with it. ? understand? there 35 million registerd ps home users unique id's they on record saying  so and number is growing..

4.  Dude  to build playstaion  home on ps4 hardware  is  expensive and mong and hard work.  Do  you know how much gta4 cost, it costed 100 million it was  full free roam,, now  with updated graphic and matience and  certain events and etc etc.  A ps4 home wont come cheap by any  means,   my estimation was around 500 million$  if  not 1 billion being the highest point if they did it this year. New tech dont  come  cheap n hardware in the 1st 2 yrs.. All things you pay for with  that wont come cheap unless they wait it until lthose techs and advancement become  cheap in value. Easier to do..  dont mean  cheap to produce and get paid to get done...  those 2 thing  cost  money.!!

the last part i can nnot  comment on  katkou rumor mills becuase  no can  cnfrim or deny them and im not sony employee Smiley Happy, Ill say this much alot gamers make it bad for all gamers and now everyone has to suffer. with restriction. if gamers didnthe right thing  we'd have much more than we do today on playstation. Alot great thing were scrapped. I mean great ideas to  improve gaming because certain gamers dont act  rigthand do the right things while gaming.  I will say alot of good  feature we have to day with ps4 in idea  might see the light of day either becuase gamers dont right.

I'll  leave it right

Mcbuttz78

Message 47 of 111 (344 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6986 posts

Feb 22, 2013

ILLUMIN-X wrote:

Just adding a few links for easy reference of what we do know for certain:

The PS4 Will Stream PS1, PS2, And PS3 Games

The PS4 will not feature backwards compatibility with older PlayStation titles, according to today's PlayStation 4 conference. Instead, Sony will use cloud gaming to allow the system to access older PlayStation back catalogue. No details as of yet in regards to whether or not we'll be able to play games we already own.

Read More HERE

PS4 Will Not Require An Always-Online Connection [UPDATE]

Stemming fears of the always-online requirement still rumored strongly for the next Xbox, a Sony PR rep confirmed to Kotaku that: "PS4 games will be playable without an Internet connection."

Read More HERE

These Developers Could Be Working On PS4 Games

original.jpg

Sony showed off this list of developer logos at their PS4 press conference today, and it's got some exciting ones, from big to small, Activision to Spike Chunsoft. Let the speculation begin!

*It's interesting to note that both Granzella and Peakvox are listed.

Read More HERE

Sony, We’d Like A Straight Answer About This Used Games Stuff

It's a simple question: "Can the PlayStation 4 play used games?" After nearly a year of rumors, speculation and mysterious patents indicating that Sony could limit the play of pre-owned titles on its next-generation console we're finally getting answers — answers that leave us with more questions.

Read More HERE

Why Didn’t We See The Actual PlayStation 4 Tonight? Sony’s Boss Explains.

original.jpg

Well, that was weird. We got a console reveal without Sony actually revealing the console. It's left a lot of people confused, maybe even concerned, so given the chance we had to ask: where was the PS4?

"Why do you care?" jokes Shuhei Yoshida, president of Sony's Worldwide Studios.

Read More HERE

PlayStation 4 Tech Specs Released

or44iginal.jpg

We've been speculating and spilling them for months, but Sony has finally revealed, at least partially, the basic spec sheet for the PS4. It's... very basic, but as you can see, there's 8GB of memory, a hard drive and an x86 CPU.

We knew many of these specs (and then some) earlier, but there was always conjecture over whether the 8GB of memory found on the dev kits would be reduced on retail models. Nope!

UPDATE: Sony has released a lot more info on the system's specs, which you can see right here. Some highlights:

Read More HERE

22original.png

PSN purchases will not carry over to PS4 (Update)

[Update: Sony has confirmed to Dale North that it has the ability to honor your PSN purchases through its cloud service. If it chooses to, it can give you everything back in streaming form. Of course, it's not said it will-- and if it doesn't after saying this, it'll open itself up to major criticism. Gotta hope Sony does the decent thing.

Read More HERE

i think right there they are debating it.. we have to wait and see.  I think the cloud service job is to  honor our digital purchases.   I have friends who play  steam on pc and they  been doing that for 10-15yrs online and can excess their purchases today. Dispite buying  a new computer setup and etc.  As long they pay the said fee and subcribtion to do so, I dont how s it hurting anything. Ithink alo tpc gamers can  tell us this same story..

The ps3 saves cant come over, they  have to re download that whole game to ps4 within the sercurity of playstaion.. i dont see how thats hurting  anything..  No-one is that brazen, or dumb to try to pull  a cheap way of play.. cloud job is  storage of   games and honoring your purchases. Ps4 is digital console, anything digital bought  shouldbe able to play.. it just work in ps favor,, they are taking enough away fromthe gamer.    Dont punish  everybody sony..Not everybody bad apples.

Mcbuttz78

Message 48 of 111 (340 Views)
Fender Bender
3270 posts

Feb 22, 2013

I don't understand how you can think Home is the most profitable sources of revenue on the psn mcbuttz.

Take a look around on home. Try to figure out how many instances of the most popular space are running at the same time.

Take a look at the different leaderboards on different days/weeks/months. See who's around

While you're doing that look how many actual buyers there are.

As an example. I recently start collecting revenue at Tycoon. I have 3 citys.My first one is more look than usefulness. The second one is mostly a race track with open line of sight. Only my third city is built for maximizing. Event that one is fairly balance with +- %75 employement and negative pollution. 

... And I'm already closing on top 60... So that mean probably not more than a 100 individual spent a really significant amount of money on it and around 50 actively playing it right now.

When I was spending all of my free time at novus, around 2 years ago. I guesstimate the number of active, paying customers at 25-50, here AND EU. The game was then in the recommanded list. Sure there was lots more people playing and buying some items but that was the player base I could see.

I would be surprise if there was more than 4 thousand active buyer in NA. Sure some of us spent a lot of money on home. We might be among the best customers on the psn. But this is insignificant compare to the millions of psn customers.

Freedom is not the power to say no.
Real freedom is the power to say yes.

6EQUJ5 Do you copy?

co-founder
The Black Hat Squad/Black Hat Squadron/Novus Black Hats
Novus international elite force
Black Hats website
Black Hats on Facebook
Message 49 of 111 (332 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6986 posts

Feb 22, 2013

Dr_Do-Little wrote:

I don't understand how you can think Home is the most profitable sources of revenue on the psn mcbuttz.

Take a look around on home. Try to figure out how many instances of the most popular space are running at the same time.

Take a look at the different leaderboards on different days/weeks/months. See who's around

While you're doing that look how many actual buyers there are.

As an example. I recently start collecting revenue at Tycoon. I have 3 citys.My first one is more look than usefulness. The second one is mostly a race track with open line of sight. Only my third city is built for maximizing. Event that one is fairly balance with +- %75 employement and negative pollution. 

... And I'm already closing on top 60... So that mean probably not more than a 100 individual spent a really significant amount of money on it and around 50 actively playing it right now.

When I was spending all of my free time at novus, around 2 years ago. I guesstimate the number of active, paying customers at 25-50, here AND EU. The game was then in the recommanded list. Sure there was lots more people playing and buying some items but that was the player base I could see.

I would be surprise if there was more than 4 thousand active buyer in NA. Sure some of us spent a lot of money on home. We might be among the best customers on the psn. But this is insignificant compare to the millions of psn customers.

Well  ps home is making alot of money,   I understand your point not everyone buys every day, but trust me after sometime they will buy something.  Im not devalueing your arguement of leaderboards but alot are just social on psh not everyone plays leaderboard games. I dont it means they dont spend on other things. I do see and feel your  point of views.

Also a vitural  item will sell faster and better than a games becuase of price, its just easier to do.  9$ for a game and 25-75 cents for a shirt/pant  or w/e. maybe 99 which is   the high end for many people. I have friends who play psh and nothing but pshome and have  hundreds or thousand of dollars on/in content. At one point before there was fashion contest, we use to  challange random people to who had most clothes and looked the best or funniest etc etc ,. And these battles didnt just last 10 minutes they lasted multiple hours sometime  1  full days..

These where random people we where walking up too,  just for  fun..  btw i nevr won any those  battles lol, but it was quite fun seeing all the costumes from random  people and  having convo with  them.. some of those costume where 5$ respectivley for 1 item..    Also random folks  use get  in it.  By my estimate  alot them  had spend 10$ avg in clothing thats not counting  spaces and furniture and  w/e it maybe.  we  all how crowd become huge on pshome from strangers. I do think the direct games  of psn are  making the money becuase of price 20_60$ respectilve. but  ps home is up in top 5 money makers of psn..

That just my assestment. Alot may not feel the same way trust i dont thinkis complaining in they  are doing with pshome inthe profit area.  The  president  of sony is record saying pshome is very profitable and was amazed by the profit numbers. Which  where never disclosed btw. We may nevr know how much p  has made. But its quite and very profitable for sony. If it was not it wouldve been canned along time ago

Mcbuttz78

Message 50 of 111 (322 Views)
0 Likes