Treasure Hunter
5016 posts

Re: The Never Ending Home and the PS4 Question

Feb 22, 2013

ANNO-DOMlNl wrote:
I remember sony told me all their machines would play ps2 games and run linux and a lot of games would run in 1080p and when that looked like it was gonna change everybody speculated was it all speculation and rumor mongerin then no sir dont think so. I think people got good reason to be speculating right now look at the hole ps3 content not going to ps4 off the bat bad news last i heard home was ps3 only

They said in the statement yesterday right now the PS4 is not designed to play any PS1 PS2 or PS3 games... But there working on that and it may be an option later on.... But right now PS4 won't play the older games the way it is now....

So cross ur fingers for PS4 Version 2.0 or 3.0 by then they may have them working right and have them playing older games... But Version 1.0 at this point Won't...

SHAME on SONY for making us HOMEless by Closing our PS HOME!
Message 31 of 111 (185 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

Feb 22, 2013

DCS-Tekken wrote:
No Home is in HD 720p if urs it at 480p SD then ur not doing something right then... It will also work on SD TV's as u know... And 480p for those TV's.... But Home iteself has always been in HD 720p  And yes i can also make my PS3 upscale HOME to 1080p but i don't like doing that... It's already in 720p and NO Upscaling is required then....

So if ur on an SD TV then yeah ur only gonna get 480p then...  Oh Well!

But if ur on HD tv theres no reason why ur not getting it at 720p that is Normal for What Home is....

What are you talking about?  I never said that you where wrong I said if it is in HD then that is new.  I'm away from my PS3 right now so I am unable to see for myself.  But I was trying to help you when you made it sound as if all your games where in 720p.  That I know is not true seeing how the first game I picked up said it was in 1080p and 3D.

Folding@home Team #118000
GAPHome

General

Message 32 of 111 (182 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Feb 22, 2013

King0fHearts2007 wrote:

DCS-Tekken wrote:
No Home is in HD 720p if urs it at 480p SD then ur not doing something right then... It will also work on SD TV's as u know... And 480p for those TV's.... But Home iteself has always been in HD 720p  And yes i can also make my PS3 upscale HOME to 1080p but i don't like doing that... It's already in 720p and NO Upscaling is required then....

But if ur on HD tv theres no reason why ur not getting it at 720p that is Normal for What Home is....

What are you talking about?  I never said that you where wrong I said if it is in HD then that is new.  I'm away from my PS3 right now so I am unable to see for myself.  But I was trying to help you when you made it sound as if all your games where in 720p.  That I know is not true seeing how the first game I picked up said it was in 1080p and 3D.

Home has always been in 720p. That isn't new. 

Message 33 of 111 (180 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
392 posts

Feb 22, 2013
how the friiig can a console THAT powerful with a bluray drive not emulate ps3 like a pc can emulate a snes that beast has 16 TIMES the ram and a processor more times more powerful than a cell and that not even considerin its gddr5 and processor is not just more powerful more efficient too just sayin
Message 34 of 111 (180 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
416 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 22, 2013

I think Home will stay on the PS3, remaining active with content built by third parties.  If it's no longer profitable enough to build new content, the third parties will abandon it, and if at some point, it is no longer profitable at all, it will be shut down.  Home might stay around for ages.  There are tons of free-to-play games out there that have long outlived their generation, simply by making enough money to keep at least a single person interested in maintaining it. (Home needs more support than just one person, but you get the meaning)

Message 35 of 111 (156 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5016 posts

Feb 22, 2013

King0fHearts2007 wrote:

DCS-Tekken wrote:

King0fHearts2007 wrote:

DCS-Tekken wrote:

I only buy Fighting Games and All PS3 Fighting games have been in 720p Except one and thats Tekken 5: DR Online on the PS Store as a Digital DL! That one plays in full 1080p but it's not a DISC!

So it seems all Disc Based Games i know of are only 720p and yes they can be upscaled to 1080p but again i don't like to upscale them.

Smiley Wink

Just odd that they never were made in 1080p to begin with all i'm saying...

Message 36 of 111 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5016 posts

Feb 22, 2013

Smoochy-Rhino wrote:

I think Home will stay on the PS3, remaining active with content built by third parties.  If it's no longer profitable enough to build new content, the third parties will abandon it, and if at some point, it is no longer profitable at all, it will be shut down.  Home might stay around for ages.  There are tons of free-to-play games out there that have long outlived their generation, simply by making enough money to keep at least a single person interested in maintaining it. (Home needs more support than just one person, but you get the meaning)

HOME is not classified as a GAME or it be under the GAME tab... Therfore we might see it on the PS4 because it's more of an App than a Game... And we know the PS4 will carry many many Apps!

So Home on PS4 has a good chance now that all data is stored online servers...

I wouldn't Panic until SONY comes out right and Says NO HOME on PS4 then we BoyCott SONY and not Buy PS4 if there's no HOME app on it... Easy Enough!

For me it not playing PS1, PS2, PS3 games lets me down here... But if there gonna Stream Older games later... I don't know yet! Streaming Games i've never done so i don't know if i go for that yet.... Wait and see....

Message 37 of 111 (143 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
868 posts

Feb 22, 2013

ANNO-DOMlNl wrote:
how the friiig can a console THAT powerful with a bluray drive not emulate ps3 like a pc can emulate a snes that beast has 16 TIMES the ram and a processor more times more powerful than a cell and that not even considerin its gddr5 and processor is not just more powerful more efficient too just sayin

Common sense, new console, new hardware. It's not some kind of minor update like the Wii was to the Gamecube. All PS3 games are built and developed specifically around the PS3's hardware capabilities, not anything else. And if you weren't aware of it, emulation of any console through software is no easy task and requires about 4x-8x the amount of core power as the original to faithfully emulate. There's no way in hell Sony will bother adding in the necessary hardware to allow backwards compatibility, as it would just skyrocket development and in the same vein, console costs. Then all you people would start crying and badmouthing Sony all over again because of the price. Pretty sure they learned their lesson with the PS3's launch.

And as far as the 1080p debate, if every game was developed natively in 1080p, all of our PS3's would probably fry from overheating in weeks/months. Intense games would have to sacrifice texture or overall graphic quality to keep framerates from dropping to a crawl. Again, just common sense, you can't expect to run things in huge resolutions without some type of impact on performance. 720p is generally around the range where the PS3 can run things at good (30fps) to perfect (60fps) speeds without a sacrifice in overall quality. Tekken 5: DR still uses low quality textures, it just looks like a very polished PS2 game in 1080p.

Message 38 of 111 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7025 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 22, 2013

King0fHearts2007 wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote:
I have been hearing that all day and night and it 100% not true  right now. Becuase  sony is record saying all psn games and game online didgital  in psn  store and sony online we be  ready for purchase day one on ps4. Go look at psn and then go look at sonyonline online store, its the same exact games.   Sony will be using sony online/psn store for ps4,  i dont see how they c ould restrict a digital purchase ffom ps3 from working unless its  a very old game . Let say linger of the shadows that game was made in 2007, i dont think they will work on ps4 but let gow3 digital that should work, I own both  and linger of the shadows in no longer in the psn  store..

Psn  and sonyonline is  one and the same thing( techically). Not only  does this increase their librbary day 1 and  bring gamers over , it helps the console base. If they do it the way im talking its  good thing. If not its just a dumb buisness move.. Same as for not allowing home on ps4.. That would be dumb buisness move,  home make  30-45% of psn profits and is best selling  revenue of  all  psn..   SO i dont think they would neglect 500-- mill to 1 billion$ a year from one game. It would be a dumb  move to build a new one it would cost  1 billion or  so.Due to the advance techs and etc.. I understand your point  clearly now.

Also if they dont allow  your purchese to carry over from ps3 digitally , how will they allow your  saved money to carry over.. It would be a dumb move and silly big mistake if   they dont do these things it hurts the user base, what im saying is easy transition help rather than chasing money all the time,  if youmove spent  moneyinthe direction of new money you'll have more customers to start and they  will spend that new money as well its just natural transition .. Its same as buying a car with  no  interior or wheels  if its  not a antique or a legacy car its  a dumb move to buy it its not smooth  transtion to buy  car like that, you lose money. Becuase you spend more than what  its worth to get it  running or stay running.  I dont think sony will be able to all that in such fast fashion. with  a "few money whoas" they are having. Its  a dumb move

Now i do think ps home will go  bigger in few years, ill  say  2015/2016  or so,  a  new  ps4  version of ps home will come out. This will be what  your talking about, and that will be a very smart move.. Becuase they'll have the revenue , the cheaper  but good techs which means  not  spending 1 billion but maybe  500 mill. the fan bases loves smooth transition  it  always equal more revenue and bigger loyal fan base of customers.

Sorry it still seems that your lost and off track.  Sony has told us the PSN and the PSN Store will not be on the PS4.  Just go back and re-read the OP's post and you will say just that.

• “Most” of the PS4′s online features will require a premium subscription to use, and this new premium online service will be called PlayStation World. It will replace PlayStation Plus.
  • Sony PS4 lacks backward compatibility

This is a good thing.  Why would you want to goto the PSN store when it's packed with mostly PS3 games?  See a long list of games that you will never be able to play on your PS4 would be a pane in the neck.  The same could be said for PS3 users seeing list's of PS4 games that they can't play.  The truth is the PS4 will have a store of it's own but it will not be on PSN and it will not be in the PSN store.  If you want to point something out to me give me the link and what part of the link you would want me to view.  But I know there will be no PS4 games in the PSN Store.

"Same as for not allowing home on ps4.. That would be dumb buisness move,  home make  30-45% of psn profits and is best selling  revenue of  all  psn.."

First I need to ask you where you got your numbers from.  I'm not trying to be rude but I would have to be a fool just to read that and take it as fact.  I will also say once again your off track saying what you just said.  What I've been saying over and over again is make a Home "like" world only bigger and better.  Now you say Home makes 30 to 45% of the PSN profits lets assume that's ture for one min if this new online world is bigger and better one would also have to assume that thoes numbers would also go up.  So going back to your point how would that be a dumb buisness move for Sony?

We could have a new world with better graphics less limitations on our Avatars and more to do.  But you keep making this sound as if it this would be a bad move.  Why?  The Home that we have now was originally made for the PS2 and the technology and graphics are getting dated and as I just said there will always be limitations in Home on what we can and can't do.

Do you know why Sony made Home in the first place?  It was there way of keep PSN free for everyone.  Where other game consoles charge for there on-line.  Now lets go back to that quote from the OP.  Most of the PS4′s online features will require a premium subscription to use, and this new premium online service will be called PlayStation World. It will replace PlayStation Plus.  Most of the online feature will require a premium subscription?  Sonds like that use to be the job of Home.

A:  Home is not doing as good as you seem to think it is

B:  Home will not be on the PS4 there for we will now need to pay for online

the psn store and new stoe is one and the  same. The subcribtion base thing will replace psn+.  Ps world  or w/e they are calling it. It  another that deal  with  transitions. It willbe the same thing but with more perks included into it than it has today.

I get my numbers from online sony themselves with their  account of  players joinning. Ps home is sony biggest money maker on psn thats a known fact they wont disclose the actual profits but if its  35 million people have account and  everything on home  might cost ( please correc tme if it lower or higher . im guess 35k-40 K$

it simple math

35 million  times( im guess everyone  has bought something at the rate 35K dollars which is a example btw)   35mill x. oo35  equal  1.2 billion which about is right  ( ill  say  190-600million to be safe),  sony made from my  math 1.2 trillion if not 2trillion last year alone. ps home  as  a whole is up  250%  psn  sale was up 456%..  So this number is about as close as it could be. Psn was  sony biggest profit by percentages, this includes another games an movies  sub and that  jazz. I know for a fact ps home was the number 1  seller every year  of psn  if not in the top 3 every year. Also  I  said it would be  bad buisness to scrap  ps3 home now ,rathr than keep it going  on ps4 in some kind of fashion  as  is with no back up plan to regain that revenue.

If  theytry to build another it will  be more expensive becuase of techs. I know ps home has been around since 2005 and i know there was scrapped psp version of home( below) . The home we have to day could not work on ps2 its been said, it was planned but could not work the graphics where nothing near what we have today.2009-09-15_21-12-26580.jpg

I understand your arguement about the psn store, but the gaikai stream  deal sony did .  They  siad  those guys where suppose to bring  all those psn/ps3 games  and w/e it maybe to ps4 online or sonyonline store  i  have heard  2-3k  titles online at launch.  So people could purchase day one. Thats the way i  read it and heard it(( i could have mis-heard it  and those games were just giakai games) . Thats the why deal was made  from my understanding. It was the reason  sony bought them to do digital streaming of their  (  playstation )titles and  giakai titles.  It make no sence to launch a digital store with all psn games  and ps3 and etc in it and you  cannot use it on ps4... Has this changed, i dont know,   But i  will look in to  it. With greater detail to see where i have mis spoken or the confusion is. I dont think im wrong.. Im 1oo% certain  im  right.

I dont think sony will  make us pay for online out right. i think  from reading that red line its going to be  2 plans. Because ps+ is really  2 plans service for the gamer. The key  word to  start is  "most" which  means not every everthing  will require you to be online but a majority will be online, since it streaming  and  those games are majority  online. Sony has never made the gamer pay for online.

I said it wil lbe a bad move it they dont allow the ps3 version home not to be on ps4 in some form of fashion to gain revenue their.  It has 35 million registerd user, who spend money. that 35million units sold in the couple years or so ..   Because alot  just play  ps home and nothing  else from my understanding. I know  folks who have spent  thousands of dollars in ps home.  Sony will need to move unit ps home can move those unit using the ps3  version until they get bettter version ready in ps4  way.. They dont need to do it  this year they can wait till 2015/2016. if they do that this year it will be a  dumb move.  ididnt say its a dumb move to make  ps home  in ps4 way..

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Message 39 of 111 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
392 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 22, 2013

um i think your figures are wrong son. I'm a manager even though my typing sucks a chub i can tell you gross is not net profit and sony arent worth 20 billion dollars not even apple are 1 trillion they closer to 4 or 500 billion. take your 35 million cut it in 3 then multiply it by 5 or 10 dollars now say 2 out of 5 spend a lot of money so cut that 11.6mil into 4.66mil and multiple that by hmmm try 200 big ones and see what you get. it wont be 1.2 trillion and whatever it is gotta keep the ship from sinking over 8 years yeah thats right 8 years they spent inc making home. whatever theyre making its probably not close to being psn's top dawg

Message 40 of 111 (116 Views)
0 Likes