Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

Re: The Never Ending Home and the PS4 Question

[ Edited ]
Feb 21, 2013

mcbuttz78 wrote:
well ps4 will able to  do sd. i dony see why  it wouldnt be able  to so.. I think its going the same exact thing,(ps home)

Ps home is already in 3d..  ps home is in beta what have to day is not the real ps home in ful li dont assume..  They said  "ps home will stay in beta  until they get  it where it needs to be"

I dont  think ps home is going to go a new style  of 3d rederinng any time soon.. I have no proof of that but i dont think it will,

Yes, it's true that Home is in SD right now.  But my point is Sony would never be able to update it when it is on two consoles at the same time.  It's also not ture when you said Home is in 3D when I said 3D I was talking about on 3D TV's where you need the 3D glasses and you can not do that with Home.  One of the big improvements the PS4 will bring is more 3D games and movies.  

Also I still feel that you are confused on what I'm talking about.  When I said make a Home like program but better I was not talking about Home.  There for the beta tag would have nothing to do with this.  A new 3D Home like world would not have to be done by same teams that did Home so it would not be a "new style" it would be a new program.

Keep in mind the main theme of the PS4 is out with the old and in with the new.  You will not be able to play PS3 games on the PS4 the PS Store will also be gone with a newer one just for PS4 users and we will also no longer have the PSN any more that will be replaced with the new "PlayStation World".  If Home does make it into the PS4 it will most likely be the only part of the PS3 that will have made it onto the PS4.

Folding@home Team #118000
GAPHome

General

Message 21 of 111 (282 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7206 posts

Feb 21, 2013

King0fHearts2007 wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote:
well ps4 will able to  do sd. i dony see why  it wouldnt be able  to so.. I think its going the same exact thing,(ps home)

Ps home is already in 3d..  ps home is in beta what have to day is not the real ps home in ful li dont assume..  They said  "ps home will stay in beta  until they get  it where it needs to be"

I dont  think ps home is going to go a new style  of 3d rederinng any time soon.. I have no proof of that but i dont think it will,

Yes, it's true that Home is in SD right now.  But my point is Sony would never be able to update it when it is on two consoles at the same time.  It's also not ture when you said Home is in 3D when I said 3D I was talking about on 3D TV's where you need the 3D glasses and you can not do that with Home.  One of the big improvements the PS4 will bring is more 3D games and movies.  

Also I still feel that you are confused on what I'm talking about.  When I said make a Home like program but better I was not talking about Home.  There for the beta tag would have nothing to do with this.  A new 3D Home like world would not have to be done by same teams that did Home so it would not be a "new style" it would be a new program.

Keep in mind the main theme of the PS4 is out with the old and in with the new.  You will not be able to play PS3 games on the PS4 the PS Store will also be gone with a newer one just for PS4 users and we will also no longer have the PSN any more that will be replaced with the new "PlayStation World".  If Home does make it into the PS4 it will most likely be the only part of the PS3 that will have made it onto the PS4.

I have been hearing that all day and night and it 100% not true  right now. Becuase  sony is record saying all psn games and game online didgital  in psn  store and sony online we be  ready for purchase day one on ps4. Go look at psn and then go look at sonyonline online store, its the same exact games.   Sony will be using sony online/psn store for ps4,  i dont see how they c ould restrict a digital purchase ffom ps3 from working unless its  a very old game . Let say linger of the shadows that game was made in 2007, i dont think they will work on ps4 but let gow3 digital that should work, I own both  and linger of the shadows in no longer in the psn  store..

Psn  and sonyonline is  one and the same thing( techically). Not only  does this increase their librbary day 1 and  bring gamers over , it helps the console base. If they do it the way im talking its  good thing. If not its just a dumb buisness move.. Same as for not allowing home on ps4.. That would be dumb buisness move,  home make  30-45% of psn profits and is best selling  revenue of  all  psn..   SO i dont think they would neglect 500-- mill to 1 billion$ a year from one game. It would be a dumb  move to build a new one it would cost  1 billion or  so.Due to the advance techs and etc.. I understand your point  clearly now.

Also if they dont allow  your purchese to carry over from ps3 digitally , how will they allow your  saved money to carry over.. It would be a dumb move and silly big mistake if   they dont do these things it hurts the user base, what im saying is easy transition help rather than chasing money all the time,  if youmove spent  moneyinthe direction of new money you'll have more customers to start and they  will spend that new money as well its just natural transition .. Its same as buying a car with  no  interior or wheels  if its  not a antique or a legacy car its  a dumb move to buy it its not smooth  transtion to buy  car like that, you lose money. Becuase you spend more than what  its worth to get it  running or stay running.  I dont think sony will be able to all that in such fast fashion. with  a "few money whoas" they are having. Its  a dumb move

Now i do think ps home will go  bigger in few years, ill  say  2015/2016  or so,  a  new  ps4  version of ps home will come out. This will be what  your talking about, and that will be a very smart move.. Becuase they'll have the revenue , the cheaper  but good techs which means  not  spending 1 billion but maybe  500 mill. the fan bases loves smooth transition  it  always equal more revenue and bigger loyal fan base of customers.

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Message 22 of 111 (268 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Support
6759 posts

Feb 21, 2013

Hey all, 

Just letting you know that you can also submit your feedback and concerns in the official thread found here:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-3/Official-PlayStation2013-Discussion-Thread/m-p/...

Message 23 of 111 (256 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 21, 2013

mcbuttz78 wrote:
I have been hearing that all day and night and it 100% not true  right now. Becuase  sony is record saying all psn games and game online didgital  in psn  store and sony online we be  ready for purchase day one on ps4. Go look at psn and then go look at sonyonline online store, its the same exact games.   Sony will be using sony online/psn store for ps4,  i dont see how they c ould restrict a digital purchase ffom ps3 from working unless its  a very old game . Let say linger of the shadows that game was made in 2007, i dont think they will work on ps4 but let gow3 digital that should work, I own both  and linger of the shadows in no longer in the psn  store..

Psn  and sonyonline is  one and the same thing( techically). Not only  does this increase their librbary day 1 and  bring gamers over , it helps the console base. If they do it the way im talking its  good thing. If not its just a dumb buisness move.. Same as for not allowing home on ps4.. That would be dumb buisness move,  home make  30-45% of psn profits and is best selling  revenue of  all  psn..   SO i dont think they would neglect 500-- mill to 1 billion$ a year from one game. It would be a dumb  move to build a new one it would cost  1 billion or  so.Due to the advance techs and etc.. I understand your point  clearly now.

Also if they dont allow  your purchese to carry over from ps3 digitally , how will they allow your  saved money to carry over.. It would be a dumb move and silly big mistake if   they dont do these things it hurts the user base, what im saying is easy transition help rather than chasing money all the time,  if youmove spent  moneyinthe direction of new money you'll have more customers to start and they  will spend that new money as well its just natural transition .. Its same as buying a car with  no  interior or wheels  if its  not a antique or a legacy car its  a dumb move to buy it its not smooth  transtion to buy  car like that, you lose money. Becuase you spend more than what  its worth to get it  running or stay running.  I dont think sony will be able to all that in such fast fashion. with  a "few money whoas" they are having. Its  a dumb move

Now i do think ps home will go  bigger in few years, ill  say  2015/2016  or so,  a  new  ps4  version of ps home will come out. This will be what  your talking about, and that will be a very smart move.. Becuase they'll have the revenue , the cheaper  but good techs which means  not  spending 1 billion but maybe  500 mill. the fan bases loves smooth transition  it  always equal more revenue and bigger loyal fan base of customers.

Sorry it still seems that your lost and off track.  Sony has told us the PSN and the PSN Store will not be on the PS4.  Just go back and re-read the OP's post and you will say just that.

• “Most” of the PS4′s online features will require a premium subscription to use, and this new premium online service will be called PlayStation World. It will replace PlayStation Plus.
  • Sony PS4 lacks backward compatibility

This is a good thing.  Why would you want to goto the PSN store when it's packed with mostly PS3 games?  See a long list of games that you will never be able to play on your PS4 would be a pane in the neck.  The same could be said for PS3 users seeing list's of PS4 games that they can't play.  The truth is the PS4 will have a store of it's own but it will not be on PSN and it will not be in the PSN store.  If you want to point something out to me give me the link and what part of the link you would want me to view.  But I know there will be no PS4 games in the PSN Store.

"Same as for not allowing home on ps4.. That would be dumb buisness move,  home make  30-45% of psn profits and is best selling  revenue of  all  psn.."

First I need to ask you where you got your numbers from.  I'm not trying to be rude but I would have to be a fool just to read that and take it as fact.  I will also say once again your off track saying what you just said.  What I've been saying over and over again is make a Home "like" world only bigger and better.  Now you say Home makes 30 to 45% of the PSN profits lets assume that's ture for one min if this new online world is bigger and better one would also have to assume that thoes numbers would also go up.  So going back to your point how would that be a dumb buisness move for Sony?

We could have a new world with better graphics less limitations on our Avatars and more to do.  But you keep making this sound as if it this would be a bad move.  Why?  The Home that we have now was originally made for the PS2 and the technology and graphics are getting dated and as I just said there will always be limitations in Home on what we can and can't do.

Do you know why Sony made Home in the first place?  It was there way of keep PSN free for everyone.  Where other game consoles charge for there on-line.  Now lets go back to that quote from the OP.  Most of the PS4′s online features will require a premium subscription to use, and this new premium online service will be called PlayStation World. It will replace PlayStation Plus.  Most of the online feature will require a premium subscription?  Sonds like that use to be the job of Home.

A:  Home is not doing as good as you seem to think it is

B:  Home will not be on the PS4 there for we will now need to pay for online

GAPHome

General

Message 24 of 111 (224 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5016 posts

Feb 22, 2013

Home is not in SD it's 720p HD not SD!  480P would be SD But seeing HOME in 1080p would rock.... Always have wondered why the PS3 games are all 720p since there games on a Blu-Ray Disc and We all know Blu-Rays are 1080p so why are Blu-Ray games only 720p that was always very odd if u ask me....

Oh Well!

SHAME on SONY for making us HOMEless by Closing our PS HOME!
Message 25 of 111 (210 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
189 posts

Feb 22, 2013

Home ends. Second Life, SIMS and IMVU sales sky rocket! Smiley Happy No easy money for Sony. That's too bad. Where are all the fams going to go? They will have no Home. Think of the fams Sony!

(*≧▽≦) ♪ One Night Carnival! ☆(≧▽≦*)
http://pandakneesocksxiv.tumblr.com/

Message 26 of 111 (199 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 22, 2013

DCS-Tekken wrote:

Home is not in SD it's 720p HD not SD!  480P would be SD But seeing HOME in 1080p would rock.... Always have wondered why the PS3 games are all 720p since there games on a Blu-Ray Disc and We all know Blu-Rays are 1080p so why are Blu-Ray games only 720p that was always very odd if u ask me....

Oh Well!

Are you sure there is not something wrong with your TV?  If Home is in HD then that is new and I just picked the frist game I could find it's "Gran Turismo 5" and looked on the back and it reads "HD Video Output":

• 480P
  • 720P
  • 1080i
  • 1080p
  • and 3D

You know you can zoom in with your TV and it will read everything as 720p.

GAPHome

General

Message 27 of 111 (193 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
880 posts

Feb 22, 2013

Conrad_Max wrote:

Sony has always said that Home will remain free.

Never believe rumors until they have been proven to be true by an official. Until then, all we'll have is repetitive speculation and rumor mongering.

No offense, but you'd be incredibly ignorant if you believe anything Sony claims, as they're proven time and time again that they'll remove features or change things that were advertised otherwise.

Home will no doubt stay free...on the PS3, at least. Pretty sure that a day will come where the servers shut down and either transition to the PS4 or (like many of their previous failed ventures) be completely ignored like a red-headed stepchild and fade to nothingness.

Message 28 of 111 (177 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5016 posts

Feb 22, 2013

King0fHearts2007 wrote:

DCS-Tekken wrote:

Oh Well!

Are you sure there is not something wrong with your TV?  If Home is in HD then that is new and I just picked the frist game I could find it's "Gran Turismo 5" and looked on the back and it reads "HD Video Output":

• 480P
  • 720P
  • 1080i
  • 1080p
  • and 3D

You know you can zoom in with your TV and it will read everything as 720p.

No Home is in HD 720p if urs it at 480p SD then ur not doing something right then... It will also work on SD TV's as u know... And 480p for those TV's.... But Home iteself has always been in HD 720p  And yes i can also make my PS3 upscale HOME to 1080p but i don't like doing that... It's already in 720p and NO Upscaling is required then....

So if ur on an SD TV then yeah ur only gonna get 480p then...  Oh Well!

But if ur on HD tv theres no reason why ur not getting it at 720p that is Normal for What Home is....

SHAME on SONY for making us HOMEless by Closing our PS HOME!
Message 29 of 111 (166 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
392 posts

Feb 22, 2013
I remember sony told me all their machines would play ps2 games and run linux and a lot of games would run in 1080p and when that looked like it was gonna change everybody speculated was it all speculation and rumor mongerin then no sir dont think so. I think people got good reason to be speculating right now look at the hole ps3 content not going to ps4 off the bat bad news last i heard home was ps3 only
Message 30 of 111 (163 Views)
0 Likes