Fender Bender
3241 posts

Re: The Never Ending Home and the PS4 Question

Feb 20, 2013

Home is an optional application just like YouTube, Amazon and Netflix.

One of the people that early released the new controllers (which have been confirmed) had also mentioned that the Home application WILL be on the PS4.

A second reliable source also mentioned that the Home app was included on the unit he had in his possession.

Personally speaking, I can't confirm nor deny it and it still stands as rumor... but by all indications, and considering both sources basically described some of the new features of the Orbis individually, I'm more inclined to believe them especially after they released images of the upgraded wireeless controller which Sony has acknowledged.

Message 11 of 111 (288 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1011 posts

Feb 20, 2013
I would think the developers would know before the public. If we start seeing a mass exodus of developers from Home, then that would be a good indication that it wouldn't be on PS4.

Right now things are looking good.

And with the hooplah about broadcasting the reveal live on Home, I would expect that to be a good sign. I truly doubt they would go through the trouble to take that route unless it was good news for us.
Message 12 of 111 (272 Views)
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Feb 20, 2013

Well tomorrow is the 20th and it should prove to be an interesting day when it comes to news from Sony. 

Message 13 of 111 (269 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 20, 2013

ILLUMIN-X wrote:

One of the people that early released the new controllers (which have been confirmed) had also mentioned that the Home application WILL be on the PS4.

A second reliable source also mentioned that the Home app was included on the unit he had in his possession.

Personally speaking, I can't confirm nor deny it and it still stands as rumor... but by all indications, and considering both sources basically described some of the new features of the Orbis individually, I'm more inclined to believe them especially after they released images of the upgraded wireeless controller which Sony has acknowledged.

Can we have a link to this.

mouse.gif

Folding@home Team #118000
GAPHome

General

Message 14 of 111 (239 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7208 posts

Feb 20, 2013

King0fHearts2007 wrote:

ILLUMIN-X wrote:

Can we have a link to this.

mouse.gif

well  home is psn network game so i dont see how can they deny  excess to it  from ps4  becuase it make to much money..

I have talked to few folks and the best answer is. You might will have to dl it like a app, Becuase you are already doing that now on  ps3. But it will be the same thing on ps3, free etc..NO one knows for  sure  the 100% part  ps home is a network game  so  it can be playable on ps4 becuase its a digital game. 

As far as  the other rumors.. Like paying for internet..  I have went& back forwrds with  a few friends  in that area of debate all week long, And best thing we came up with  in theory  is since sony has a  network  security team  they  might have to charge a fee for  online( its expensve to them)  Its costly  so i know  upgraded service is going to happen. memeory storage is  sony real bread and butter..  they never give it  away for free.. but you will get your  moneys worth..

We think this is where  cloud gaming take  place  or the birth of it for gaming.

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Message 15 of 111 (227 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7208 posts

Feb 20, 2013

as far as services and all that    no one knows.. but we are assuming 2 services, but  one of legioniarre freind is  assuming in thought, saying 1 service  and all services will change when ps4 drops..  thats  just  a theory..  which  false till to  factual ok..

but in reality no ones knows.. but it could be  something  like  we are assuming.. or it  something  better ,  worse..

Mcbuttz78

Message 16 of 111 (224 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

Feb 20, 2013

mcbuttz78 wrote:
well  home is psn network game so i dont see how can they deny  excess to it  from ps4  becuase it make to much money..

I have talked to few folks and the best answer is. You might will have to dl it like a app, Becuase you are already doing that now on  ps3. But it will be the same thing on ps3, free etc..NO one knows for  sure  the 100% part  ps home is a network game  so  it can be playable on ps4 becuase its a digital game. 

As far as  the other rumors.. Like paying for internet..  I have went& back forwrds with  a few friends  in that area of debate all week long, And best thing we came up with  in theory  is since sony has a  network  security team  they  might have to charge a fee for  online( its expensve to them)  Its costly  so i know  upgraded service is going to happen. memeory storage is  sony real bread and butter..  they never give it  away for free.. but you will get your  moneys worth..

We think this is where  cloud gaming take  place  or the birth of it for gaming.

I know what Home is I use it all the time and follow all the news about it.  But as far as I know Sony has never said that it is going to be on the PS4 and thats why I asked for the link.

As many of us have been talking about Sony and how they don't have to put it on the PS4 just like NONE of the PS3 games will be on the PS4.  I my self am starting to hope that Sony does some updating and makes something bigger and better then Home and put that on the new PS4.  Putting Home on the PS4 also means that Home would then be very hard to update due to it being on both PS3 and PS4 and the same time.  So it's not really the best of ideas.

GAPHome

General

Message 17 of 111 (222 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7208 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 20, 2013

King0fHearts2007 wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote:

I know what Home is I use it all the time and follow all the news about it.  But as far as I know Sony has never said that it is going to be on the PS4 and thats why I asked for the link.

As many of us have been talking about Sony and how they don't have to put it on the PS4 just like NONE of the PS3 games will be on the PS4.  I my self am starting to hope that Sony does some updating and makes something bigger and better then Home and put that on the new PS4.  Putting Home on the PS4 also means that Home would then be very hard to update due to it being on both PS3 and PS4 and the same time.  So it's not really the best of ideas.

Sorry if my tone threw you off i wasnt   directing it to you per say just  the last  part.  I understand your point with the op.  Smiley Happy i wasnt trying to disgress your points. I was talking to  the op aswell ..

TO be honest with you its thats not hard to do,  to put ps home on ps4 and update  becuase its a digtial game  intergrated in the network which is the same exact network as ps3( they have changed alot of things though but i hope you my  thought of  idea), Also ps home is sony biggest and best revenue on the psn  network as far  mmo/games go, ps home is number 1..  So it will be  running on ps4 ,its very certain it will, becuase its the best free game and new user money for the  user base of playstation brand.. I think it  needs more main stream marketing , like maybe have it on  tv show or something.

But  updating from the network dont mean  make a whole new game or infrastracture, unless they really want to  do that  which  will be more costly to them.  Alot need to understand sony is a online  digital network  and  getting games to  anything thing they own  to that digital  model is more easier to do.  mobile phone to ps4 its wont be hard to  do as long  as it digital and on the  ps network.

If look right now you can play mobile games on ps3 and ps vita,  why becuase sony has a online network service,  A good example is  dust 514 mmo games is really a full fledge pc game  that you can play that on ps3 and will also be playing it on ps4, *in 2014 dust  514 mmo will be  on ps vita which  is rumor*..  So in small you will playing it on 4 major bases of playstaion digitally if count   the pc part, sony online...

Nothing will has to change unless they want it to change.  The part  im  thinking your worrying about is patches and fixing updates. While im  not very tech savy or knowing of tech(  i always get arse handed to me in those areas err hmm) I do think ps4   will be doing  faster and better update of things than  of ps3,  I could be wrong because i feel strongly ps3 is the more powerful machine, from what  i have rumored read/heard about  both..

In my honest deababtle  opinion everything ps4 can do ps3 can do, maybe when ps4 hits 2-4 yrs  in cycle  thats when ps3 wont be able to  the things  ps4 can do, thats my opinion, now i could very   wrong becuase i have heard rumor ps home  can run on ps vita hardware  with nothing  failing? which is 100% possible  and ps vita   might can merge with  both , becuase it  rumor to have 10 yr plan ,To me that is deal breaker in things, Many  other have different opinions  than mines, agn im not to  tech savvy .

One thing i do know is   sony is very good  in the computer storage areas they are one of the  for-father for  that area..  So  i think cloud gaming will make alot of  thing possible,  and this will be the 1st era of  cloud gaming.   I think ps3 is last real  gaming console, i thnk ps4 is something of  cloud  storage machine with alot of good power.. Now i could be  wrong its just  my  thought of opinion from alot of  rumors and things ive read and  heard and have seen

Mcbuttz78

Message 18 of 111 (208 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

Feb 21, 2013

mcbuttz78 wrote:
Sorry if my tone threw you off i wasnt   directing it to you per say just  the last  part.  I understand your point with the op.  Smiley Happy i wasnt trying to disgress your points. I was talking to  the op aswell ..

TO be honest with you its thats not hard to do,  to put ps home on ps4 and update  becuase its a digtial game  intergrated in the network which is the same exact network as ps3( they have changed alot of things though but i hope you my  thought of  idea), Also ps home is sony biggest and best revenue on the psn  network as far  mmo/games go, ps home is number 1..  So it will be  running on ps4 ,its very certain it will, becuase its the best free game and new user money for the  user base of playstation brand.. I think it  needs more main stream marketing , like maybe have it on  tv show or something.

But  updating from the network dont mean  make a whole new game or infrastracture, unless they really want to  do that  which  will be more costly to them.  Alot need to understand sony is a online  digital network  and  getting games to  anything thing they own  to that digital  model is more easier to do.  mobile phone to ps4 its wont be hard to  do as long  as it digital and on the  ps network.

If look right now you can play mobile games on ps3 and ps vita,  why becuase sony has a online network service,  A good example is  dust 514 mmo games is really a full fledge pc game  that you can play that on ps3 and will also be playing it on ps4, *in 2014 dust  514 mmo will be  on ps vita which  is rumor*..  So in small you will playing it on 4 major bases of playstaion digitally if count   the pc part, sony online...

Nothing will has to change unless they want it to change.  The part  im  thinking your worrying about is patches and fixing updates. While im  not very tech savy or knowing of tech(  i always get arse handed to me in those areas err hmm) I do think ps4   will be doing  faster and better update of things than  of ps3,  I could be wrong because i feel strongly ps3 is the more powerful machine, from what  i have rumored read/heard about  both..

In my honest deababtle  opinion everything ps4 can do ps3 can do, maybe when ps4 hits 2-4 yrs  in cycle  thats when ps3 wont be able to  the things  ps4 can do, thats my opinion, now i could very   wrong becuase i have heard rumor ps home  can run on ps vita hardware  with nothing  failing? which is 100% possible  and ps vita   might can merge with  both , becuase it  rumor to have 10 yr plan ,To me that is deal breaker in things, Many  other have different opinions  than mines, agn im not to  tech savvy .

One thing i do know is   sony is very good  in the computer storage areas they are one of the  for-father for  that area..  So  i think cloud gaming will make alot of  thing possible,  and this will be the 1st era of  cloud gaming.   I think ps3 is last real  gaming console, i thnk ps4 is something of  cloud  storage machine with alot of good power.. Now i could be  wrong its just  my  thought of opinion from alot of  rumors and things ive read and  heard and have seen

Your tone was fine and so was mine I just had to set the record straight.

As far as putting Home on the PS4 you still didn't get my point.  One of my main points is you "could" put Home on the PS4 but what about updateing?  I'll give some examples.

1. Back in the day Home was in HD then the staff chaged it and made it SD.  Because Home would be a program running on both the PS3 and PS4 you would not be able to update it on the PS4 to be in HD.  You could have it in HD on both PS3 and PS4 at the same time but the PS3 users would run into problems.
  2. One of the big things on the new PS4 is it will bring more 3D gaming to Sony.  You could make Home in 3D but once again you can't have Home running in 3D on the PS4 and not on the PS3 it's just one program.

This is why I said make another Home like world for the PS4 that would be bigger and better then Home on the PS3.  Also note that PSN will not be on the PS4.  So that might be another problem there.

GAPHome

General

Message 19 of 111 (200 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7208 posts

Feb 21, 2013

King0fHearts2007 wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote:

Your tone was fine and so was mine I just had to set the record straight.

As far as putting Home on the PS4 you still didn't get my point.  One of my main points is you "could" put Home on the PS4 but what about updateing?  I'll give some examples.

1. Back in the day Home was in HD then the staff chaged it and made it SD.  Because Home would be a program running on both the PS3 and PS4 you would not be able to update it on the PS4 to be in HD.  You could have it in HD on both PS3 and PS4 at the same time but the PS3 users would run into problems.
  2. One of the big things on the new PS4 is it will bring more 3D gaming to Sony.  You could make Home in 3D but once again you can't have Home running in 3D on the PS4 and not on the PS3 it's just one program.

This is why I said make another Home like world for the PS4 that would be bigger and better then Home on the PS3.  Also note that PSN will not be on the PS4.  So that might be another problem there.

well ps4 will able to  do sd. i dony see why  it wouldnt be able  to so.. I think its going the same exact thing,(ps home)

Ps home is already in 3d..  ps home is in beta what have to day is not the real ps home in ful li dont assume..  They said  "ps home will stay in beta  until they get  it where it needs to be"

I dont  think ps home is going to go a new style  of 3d rederinng any time soon.. I have no proof of that but i dont think it will,

Mcbuttz78

Message 20 of 111 (185 Views)
0 Likes