Fender Bender
2651 posts

Re: The LKWD Life Thread

Mar 19, 2014

Is this really what excites people on Home these days? More daily chores, like Home doesn't have enough of those already.

Engaging games and community-building events are replaced by a repetitive daily stroll through the Dream spaces to perform mundane tasks. And people are enthusiastic??? The Home Challenges are horribly repetitive too but at least they involve games. I understand that Homies like their rewards and I appreciate that Lockwood is willing to give some out. This LKWD Life program just looks mindless and boring though.

Far be it from me to complain about free stuff. Activities like these just don't strike me as something that makes Home any more fun or attractive to potential users.

castle3
Message 61 of 540 (877 Views)
Welcoming Committee
2446 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 19, 2014
Might as well excuse me and my question until Pshome tries to allow me to get on PsHome at some point. So sadly I won't visit my dream spaces tomorrow till they give us a solution in another patch!
(And please don't advise me to clear my cache when I can't get pass the validating purchases when first loaded up or to delete and reinstall it. Because I can't clear cache and that deleting and reinstalling did nothing for me whatsoever)
 photo UTF-8BaW1hZ2UuanBn.jpg
Message 62 of 540 (854 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
447 posts

Mar 19, 2014

X-MsLiZa-X wrote:

Is this really what excites people on Home these days? More daily chores, like Home doesn't have enough of those already.

Engaging games and community-building events are replaced by a repetitive daily stroll through the Dream spaces to perform mundane tasks. And people are enthusiastic??? The Home Challenges are horribly repetitive too but at least they involve games. I understand that Homies like their rewards and I appreciate that Lockwood is willing to give some out. This LKWD Life program just looks mindless and boring though.

Far be it from me to complain about free stuff. Activities like these just don't strike me as something that makes Home any more fun or attractive to potential users.

Well, you're free to make suggestions if you don't like it.  Also, I don't mind these kind of things because sometimes I'm too busy to sit down and play for too long, so an easy 30 minute or less, run is perfect for me til I have more time.

Message 63 of 540 (804 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1464 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 19, 2014

X-MsLiZa-X wrote:

Since O-two bailed on us like the losers they are, don't expect to see any more engaging games on here. Peakvox monster was the best game in Home (could also be done mostly for free) and we're never getting it. I don't think any other devs are capable of making a fun and engaging game on here besides Granzella, who thinks it's a good idea to put an enormous amount of time and effort into a game that only runs for 3 weeks and requires endless grinding to stay on a leaderboard.

It's one reason why I've been logging in less and spending less (aside from the crappy updates). At this point, ANY activities are welcome, even if it's just performing mundane daily tasks. So yes, compared to nothing at all, this is exciting. It's also really nice to see LKWD actually taking an initiative and updating their older spaces, that's reason alone to be enthusiastic.

Message 64 of 540 (779 Views)
Big Daddy
12467 posts

Mar 19, 2014

Tarazuma wrote:

At this point, ANY activities are welcome, even if it's just performing mundane daily tasks. So yes, compared to nothing at all, this is exciting. It's also really nice to see LKWD actually taking an initiative and updating their older spaces, that's reason alone to be enthusiastic.

I totally agree. Give me something to do already.....Smiley Tongue Actually I shouldn't say that considering I have at least 100 spaces that aren't deco'ed...Smiley Embarassed

Message 65 of 540 (766 Views)
Sackboy
130 posts

Mar 19, 2014

Hello everyone!

I need to add an update here to say that, due to a last-minute issue, we’ve had to postpone the LKWD Life update for Dream Central. This means that you will be unable to earn XP or complete LKWD Life objectives from Dream Central for the time being. We’re working at full throttle to get Dream Central updated with LKWD Life as soon as possible.

For now, here’s how to get involved with LKWD Life if you don’t own the Dream Yacht or the Dream Yacht: Arctic Voyage:

LKWD Life revolves around the Redeeminator, which tracks your progress and rewards you for completing objectives and levelling up. To get a Redeeminator, you need to visit any LKWD Life enabled space. This week, those are:

• Sunset Lounge
  • Dream Yacht
  • Dream Yacht: Arctic Voyage

To track your XP and redeem rewards, you’ll need to place your Redeeminator in any of your personal spaces and interact with it.

In order to start earning XP and complete LKWD Life objectives, you’ll need to complete tasks within any LKWD Life enabled space. Because Dream Central will not have LKWD Life functionality this week, you’ll need to visit a friends’ Dream Yacht, Dream Yacht: Arctic Voyage or the Sunset Lounge. Once there, you can earn XP and all available rewards even as a guest.

IF YOU DO OWN A LKWD LIFE ENABLED PERSONAL SPACE: We need your help. It would be amazing if you could offer invites to your space to your friends and other community members who want to enjoy LKWD Life and earn rewards. Post in this thread if you’re willing and able!

Thanks,

LKWD_Mike

Message 66 of 540 (747 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3752 posts

Mar 19, 2014

I kinda skimmed thru here and didnt see any, so my question is:

Is there an official list of spaces that give you XP?  public, personal and clubs?

Message 67 of 540 (735 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
130 posts

Mar 19, 2014

TSUNADE1224 wrote:

Is there an official list of spaces that give you XP?  public, personal and clubs?

This week:

• Dream Yacht
  • Sunset Lounge

More spaces in the Dream Universe updated every week Smiley Happy

LKWD_Mike

Message 68 of 540 (722 Views)
Sackboy
306 posts

Mar 19, 2014

LKWD_Mike wrote:

TSUNADE1224 wrote:

This week:

• Dream Yacht
  • Sunset Lounge

More spaces in the Dream Universe updated every week Smiley Happy

LKWD_Mike

The update is taking it's good old time this week i'm guessing because of the new LKWD Life coming? Also you said "Every week" how many XP points can one earn if they were able to earn the full amount for a week?

Message 69 of 540 (705 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3752 posts

Mar 19, 2014

Do you have to have a redeeminator in every space you interact with?

Message 70 of 540 (699 Views)
0 Likes