Reply
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/12/2011
Offline
3846 posts
 

Re: The Jewel of the Skies feedback and something else!

[ Edited ]
Dec 16, 2012

;^) I'm happy to learn that some of the furniture are wishes granted by the genie. Now I'm curious whether they can then be used in other spaces? The throne is really nice....

 

[Edit]

:^/ Also, can guests receive these rewards, too? That make a space appeal to me more.

Message 71 of 123 (206 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 12/01/2005
Offline
1311 posts
 

Re: The Jewel of the Skies feedback and something else!

[ Edited ]
Dec 16, 2012

Danger_Dad wrote:
;^) I'm happy to learn that some of the furniture are wishes granted by the genie. Now I'm curious whether they can then be used in other spaces? The throne is really nice....

Yes they can  be.Used in other spaces (furniture)

 

 

EDIT:

 

No, guest do not get granted wishes. So they cannot get the rewards.

But, so far, they can get the community rewards.

 

4 rings and the white tiger so far.

Message 72 of 123 (201 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
Registered: 05/22/2009
Offline
29271 posts
 

Re: The Jewel of the Skies feedback and something else!

[ Edited ]
Dec 16, 2012

Danger_Dad wrote:
;^) I'm happy to learn that some of the furniture are wishes granted by the genie. Now I'm curious whether they can then be used in other spaces? The throne is really nice....

They do look nice. I thought they were purchasable and it's nice to know they add value to the space as rewards. At 9.99 the space is expensive for me at least to consider even with the Genie game. 

 

Again I wish Tim could comment on the ceilings in the space and the possibility that the space could be modified so that we could fly in it with the Essence of the 7 winds. I suspect if they did they'd sell a lot more of them. 

Message 73 of 123 (199 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/12/2011
Offline
3846 posts
 

Re: The Jewel of the Skies feedback and something else!

Dec 16, 2012
:^/ Yeah. The courtyard encompasses a fairly large volume, and intuition suggest that people who could fly would at least be able to alight on the balconies, etc, if not quite the tops of each tower. However, I strongly suspect that the glass ceiling is only a little higher than our avatars' heads, as with most spaces. That detail weighs very heavily in my decision. I own the Essence of the Seven Winds globe, and would like to use it in more spaces than the Dragons' Lair and Batcave spaces. They're both cool, but there's only two of them....
Message 74 of 123 (190 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 12/01/2005
Offline
1311 posts
 

Re: The Jewel of the Skies feedback and something else!

Dec 16, 2012

Danger_Dad wrote:
:^/ Yeah. The courtyard encompasses a fairly large volume, and intuition suggest that people who could fly would at least be able to alight on the balconies, etc, if not quite the tops of each tower. However, I strongly suspect that the glass ceiling is only a little higher than our avatars' heads, as with most spaces. That detail weighs very heavily in my decision. I own the Essence of the Seven Winds globe, and would like to use it in more spaces than the Dragons' Lair and Batcave spaces. They're both cool, but there's only two of them....

Seeing how they are two different vendors, I believe Lockwood would need some code for the, essence of wind.

Removing invisible walls might work. 

 

I really do not see developrs letting other Developers make profit off the code they write.. But you just never know.

Message 75 of 123 (184 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 12/11/2007
Offline
184 posts
 

Re: The Jewel of the Skies feedback and something else!

Dec 16, 2012

Danger_Dad wrote:

;^) I'm happy to learn that some of the furniture are wishes granted by the genie. Now I'm curious whether they can then be used in other spaces? The throne is really nice....

 

[Edit]

:^/ Also, can guests receive these rewards, too? That make a space appeal to me more.


To expand, guests can get the rewards, kind of. If you own a Jewel of the Skies and visit someone else's, there are 4 quests you get that have guest-only rewards. One of them is the throne. There is also the blue ottoman, the harem room divider, and the vase. So if someone visits you and owns the Jewel, they can also get the 4 visitor wishes, but otherwise guests only get the rings and white tiger.

Message 76 of 123 (183 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
Registered: 05/22/2009
Offline
29271 posts
 

Re: The Jewel of the Skies feedback and something else!

Dec 16, 2012

Snowstone wrote:

Danger_Dad wrote:
:^/ Yeah. The courtyard encompasses a fairly large volume, and intuition suggest that people who could fly would at least be able to alight on the balconies, etc, if not quite the tops of each tower. However, I strongly suspect that the glass ceiling is only a little higher than our avatars' heads, as with most spaces. That detail weighs very heavily in my decision. I own the Essence of the Seven Winds globe, and would like to use it in more spaces than the Dragons' Lair and Batcave spaces. They're both cool, but there's only two of them....

Seeing how they are two different vendors, I believe Lockwood would need some code for the, essence of wind.

Removing invisible walls might work. 

 

I really do not see developrs letting other Developers make profit off the code they write.. But you just never know.


It's not a question of code but of space design. Home now allows us to fly. That is a neat feature that could and should be available in new spaces as they are developed and released. The fact that this space which has a very nice built in flight option didn't take the free flight into account is disappointing. 

 

That's not to say the space isn't nice or something that many will like without a flying option. It's just that there are a good number of users I suspect who would love to be able to put the essence of the 7 winds in any new spaces and be able to fly. 

Message 77 of 123 (182 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 12/01/2005
Offline
1311 posts
 

Re: The Jewel of the Skies feedback and something else!

Dec 16, 2012

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Snowstone wrote:

Danger_Dad wrote:
:^/ Yeah. The courtyard encompasses a fairly large volume, and intuition suggest that people who could fly would at least be able to alight on the balconies, etc, if not quite the tops of each tower. However, I strongly suspect that the glass ceiling is only a little higher than our avatars' heads, as with most spaces. That detail weighs very heavily in my decision. I own the Essence of the Seven Winds globe, and would like to use it in more spaces than the Dragons' Lair and Batcave spaces. They're both cool, but there's only two of them....

Seeing how they are two different vendors, I believe Lockwood would need some code for the, essence of wind.

Removing invisible walls might work. 

 

I really do not see developers letting other Developers make profit off the code they write.. But you just never know.


It's not a question of code but of space design. Home now allows us to fly. That is a neat feature that could and should be available in new spaces as they are developed and released. The fact that this space which has a very nice built in flight option didn't take the free flight into account is disappointing. 

 

That's not to say the space isn't nice or something that many will like without a flying option. It's just that there are a good number of users I suspect who would love to be able to put the essence of the 7 winds in any new spaces and be able to fly. 


I do not know for sure if  it is code, But I would guess it is a lock code of of restriction if the essence is used in other spaces.

 

Is there any other space  not made by the Essence of the wind  (juggernaut) that you have free Full flight of a personal space ?

Message 78 of 123 (176 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/12/2011
Offline
3846 posts
 

Re: The Jewel of the Skies feedback and something else!

Dec 16, 2012
:^/ Yep. It doesn't have to even be any particular space, either. I'm just thinking that as more and more Home denizens gain flight, (either through the Seven Winds active item or future Locomotions) the demand for flight-friendly spaces will only increase. That'll include new public spaces as well as private ones. Spaces currently in development now may still be tweaked to support it, and especially spaces that are only just being sketched out should give serious thought to this. What's the benefit to the community for there to be a "next big thing" if developers don't support it once the novelty fades?
Message 79 of 123 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 07/21/2012
Offline
148 posts
 

Re: The Jewel of the Skies feedback and something else!

[ Edited ]
Dec 16, 2012

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:


Snowstone wrote:


Danger_Dad wrote:
:^/ Yeah. The courtyard encompasses a fairly large volume, and intuition suggest that people who could fly would at least be able to alight on the balconies, etc, if not quite the tops of each tower. However, I strongly suspect that the glass ceiling is only a little higher than our avatars' heads, as with most spaces. That detail weighs very heavily in my decision. I own the Essence of the Seven Winds globe, and would like to use it in more spaces than the Dragons' Lair and Batcave spaces. They're both cool, but there's only two of them....


Seeing how they are two different vendors, I believe Lockwood would need some code for the, essence of wind.

Removing invisible walls might work. 

 

I really do not see developrs letting other Developers make profit off the code they write.. But you just never know.


It's not a question of code but of space design. Home now allows us to fly. That is a neat feature that could and should be available in new spaces as they are developed and released. The fact that this space which has a very nice built in flight option didn't take the free flight into account is disappointing. 

 

That's not to say the space isn't nice or something that many will like without a flying option. It's just that there are a good number of users I suspect who would love to be able to put the essence of the 7 winds in any new spaces and be able to fly. 

 

.... And you suspected RIGHT!
Also, as previously suggested, giving the owner and guess the option to fly with or w /out the carpet would be really nice.

 

Message 80 of 123 (174 Views)
0 Likes