Lockwood Developer
50 posts

Re: The Jewel of the Skies feedback and something else!

[ Edited ]
Dec 13, 2012

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

I wasn't able to test the flying optioin at your open house. That would have been nice. I won't make a decision until I've had the opportunity to do so. The space is very attractive graphically. Would have been nice too if the genie could have made an appaerance

Also I see building on the skyline. Can you fly to those and actually land on them?

No, you can't land on those, as chicagotops mentioned.

chicagotops wrote:

As you  enter main hall on the right from middle room as you approach the end fountain pool. Its not Accessible. Invisible wall there. Fix this so all space is accesible.

The wooden door. It gonna open up anytime?

Flying gets some getting used to,  But good Eitherway. 

Be nice if up floors were opened up. 

Amd really,  a commerce point....  Ruins it. 

Lovely space. But the right hall fountain pool not being open ruins it. 

I'm not quite sure where you mean, can you attach a picture please?

xMINDBlIlURx wrote:

Nice space, Lockwood!

I really like the flight game, and the theme itself.

I'm really into the mythical god, genie look.

Definitely my style, and I think it's great visitors can enjoy the space and earn rewards as well.

My thing is though, the carpet item from the game.

In a video, it mentioned visitors can unlock the item as well.

But when I was checking out a friends apartment, there was no item to be fount?

Or at least, I didn't earn one.

We're aware of the issue where visitors don't receive their Magic Carpets and are working on a fix for it immediately. Unfortunately Sony's final Home publish before Christmas is next week, so it's unlikely that we'll be able to get the fix implemented in time - sorry :/

SpicyEyes5 wrote:

my friend bought it and he was sad that altho the advertising for the space says guests get a free flying carpet sadly we do not and the only rewards that guests get is possibly community rewards  or so it appears with the picture of something on the contributed line in the chest  . i played with the carpet in the space and steering is wonky its all over the place turning and going up and down handling is frustrating but yes the space is incredibly beautiful wish we ould have invited friends for free gift

The same as above.

Crazy-88 wrote:

Hey Tim, congrats on the name hombre. Smiley Tongue Identity is everything nowadays, so kudos sah.

And OY! Speak with the dev.s regularly? Tell them to get back on Sodium. Xi2 brought Home vets outta the woodwork again to catch that, you guys could bring back just as many with Sodium on the front-lines again. >.> Gotta compete with nDreams n all... *hint hint*

Unfortunately we don't have a 'Sodium team' anymore, as they've all moved on to different projects, or elsewhere - so no Sodium related games are likely to be developed.

KarateChampChad wrote:

Heya Tim Smiley Tongue Say, what are the reset time for the Genie quests? Is it 24 hours since your last quest has been complete? How does that work?

The quests will reset at midnight, based on your region's timezone.

TSFRJ wrote:

thanks tim any word yet on mercia fixes? bleep uproar and make sony QA get mercia fixed

No word, because we haven't got anyone working on Mercia currently - sorry Smiley Sad

MysticMur wrote:

Great space with a nice fun game. The magic carpet flying does take some trial and error, to get used to it. But after awhile, I was collecting gems like a pro. Remember to deposit your collected jewels, before leaving the space. 

My questions:

1. What is the cycle for new quests?

2. What is the community goal reward?

3. Will there be more community goals, once we reach the 1st one?

Thanks,

Mur

1. They reset at midnight (see above).

2. You'll have to wait and see! But at the current rate you're depositing community gems, it really won't be very long - you've surprised us!

3. Yes, probably, we're talking about this at the moment actually!

Message 21 of 123 (760 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

Dec 13, 2012

Thanks Tim, for telling us about the fixing of the magic carpet reward.

Glad to know you're here to give us information, and answers.

Message 22 of 123 (741 Views)
Splicer
67 posts

Dec 13, 2012

how do you land the capet on here.

Message 23 of 123 (702 Views)
0 Likes
Lockwood Developer
50 posts

Dec 13, 2012

TRIAD--NOMAD wrote:

how do you land the capet on here.

When flying just press 'Start' and then select 'Exit Genie Quest'.

Message 24 of 123 (690 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
414 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 13, 2012

Here are my questions....

1. Are we going to be able get everything This apartment has to offer in wishes? I ask because I hate to think I got stuck with rewards when I wanted to unlock other areas.

2. IF Anyone were to do more work on Mercia could they please make an apartment for that where I could show off Weapons & Armor? A different thread though makes it sound like its being removed from PS Home.... That's why its a Big "If".

3. In a past thread I made a comparison between Panthabots & Werebats. Does Lockwood have any intent on improving these items or will Mechjets & Panthabots be overpriced when Compared to Konami's Halloween Outfits?

Comparing Panthabots to Werebats

Also

Page 3 of [POLL Feedback Thread] Panthabots.

Message 25 of 123 (672 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
148 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 13, 2012

I think overall The Jewel is worth a visit, but for 9.99, a lot feels missing in the space, IMO. ( No clubhouse skin, no interaction in the pool, the bed in the west wing has no pose position, etc.)

Message 26 of 123 (668 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1359 posts

Dec 13, 2012

Hi Tim, appreciate your feedback request.  I experienced a gamebreaking bug last night, around 12am PST, while visiting a friend's Jewel of the Sky apartment.  When I arrived in the space, both the owner (Snowstone) and his other guest reported that my avatar appeared twisted with broken legs on the ground, like this:

Photo taken by Snowstone

avatar crouching with broken legs

At the same time, Snowstone's other guest appeared to be "broken" to me in exactly the same way, but neither she nor Snowstone saw themselves as distorted.

I returned and was invited back three times but in each case the graphic distortion remained, even after the owner left the space himself.  We also both went and visited digitalleisure's Old West Saloon Clubhouse. Snowstone reported my avatar was functionning normally to him within the Saloon.

My broken appearance and movement were so severe that both of them believed that I was stuck in an invisible "Santa's Sleigh" LMO position, and they kept asking me to switch my LMO selection.  However, I currently do not own any Locomotion items at all, and in fact the distorted positioning suggests that I was somehow stuck in the flying game without having first accessed it.

While inside Jewel of the Skies, the carpet-flying game was always non-targetable and unavailable to me, even though the other guest (Shae_Wolf) could access it despite her appearing broken to me.

Snowstone suggests that the error may have occured because at the time that I arrived in his apartment, he was in the middle of adding 4 fish to his Deluxe Cylindrical FishTank.  However, that still does not explain why having both the owner and guests leave the space and redownload the apartment did NOT resolve the issue.

Please look into this, Tim?.... Thanks.

Message 27 of 123 (639 Views)
Sackboy
403 posts

Dec 13, 2012

I tried to visit the Jewel of the Skies open house several times yesterday, but the space was so horribly laggy, and one time I froze. The sound was cutting in and out as well. I have a very fast internet connection, which I verified was working just fine. After I froze and had to hit the reset button on my PS3 to get out. Smiley Mad

The space - what I managed to see of it before freezing - appeared to have lavish detail, which was nice. Beyond that, I don't know. $10 is pretty steep for the space alone, but maybe it has some nice features that warrant that pricetag that I haven't yet had the chance to sample.

Message 28 of 123 (628 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
574 posts

Dec 13, 2012
I wisited a friend's space and I got to say that i am impressed. It's definitely worth a purchase when I get some money later. Nice job, Tim and everyone who worked on this. Smiley Happy
 photo TheRobsSignature_zps7f0db83c.jpg
Thanks to KANE-FIRE for the sig. Smiley Tongue
Message 29 of 123 (627 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1311 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 13, 2012

Aside from having a broken Kat(suune) in the space, She just might need a cache clean.. will find out.

This is one of my favorite spaces now.

Carpet ride is one of the smoothest movements in home.

The decor is detail,  very nice. 

Everyone that has visited and flown the carpet, like it .

I hope you keep expanding on this space.

The genie could use some manners', But hey, I would be grouchy to being cooped up in a lamp for who knows how long.

Message 30 of 123 (612 Views)