Reply
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 10/11/2008
Offline
892 posts
 

Re: The Gullibility of Innocence and the Guise of Honesty

Feb 25, 2010

nosdrugis wrote:

NARDE15 wrote:

Duly Noted General Nos!

 

I am well aware of the drama your talking about and it is a issue that I respect you for addressing. That said I hate the machine as much as you do but we (GamerIndepth/GamerKnights) can't go ripping out clogs and gears based on hear say! Rest assured though that what ever is in darkness will be revealed in due time

 

Love Peace and Hair errrr scalp grease my friend!

Narde


Thank you, Narde. Am in complete agreeance where clogs and gears and hearsay are concerned. That being said, have personally gone to great lengths to get to the bottom of this subject. As stated in another thread, have no factual evidence to put forth. However, have been told in not so many words, and by more than a few individuals, that deceit is definately behind the wheel of the vehicle in question.

Peace and all back at you, friend.


 

Its COGS and gears... not CLOGS and gears Mr. "firm grasp of the English language."  (This is meant to be light hearted. Im just poking fun. No insult intended )

 

What I dont understand is there seems to be WAY to much seriousness in the Home community. Fellas... its a game... games are for fun... have fun. I understand that some people need drama in their lives for personal validation, but common guys. This forum, and Home, is clogged (correct usage of that word ) with self appointed ambassadors and semi-zealot rabble rousers. Take a step back and look at home for what it is: a place to hang out and have fun, not to go on personal crusades against the injustices of the virtu-world.

 

I think we all need to leave the self-importance at the "Validating Purchased Items" screen.

 

With THAT being said. Nos... sorry to hear you've been wronged. I have no idea what you went through but I wish you the best and hope your remaining friendships and trusts remain solid.

Message Edited by Gideon on 02-25-2010 10:18 AM

Message 21 of 61 (17 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 02/09/2007
Offline
1262 posts
 

Re: The Gullibility of Innocence and the Guise of Honesty

Feb 25, 2010
And this is where Lithium fails TOTALLY. Ppl come in here and flame a thread that's over some ppls heads and what does Lithium do?! Nothing. That's what's wrong with these boards. These ppl with no knowledge and no understanding and NO intellect hop in threads and troll them. If i was Lithium I would ban users with this "I dont understand him so lets flame". BTW in a REAL forum the flamers in here wouldn't last a day. You better count your lucky stars this place is run like that hell hole 4C**n. Some of you wouldnt last one day in a professional BBS.
GamerIndepth.net!
Message 22 of 61 (17 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 02/05/2010
Offline
27 posts
 

Re: The Gullibility of Innocence and the Guise of Honesty

Feb 25, 2010

i think some people take home alittle to serious!

maybe punching a pillow will make you feel better

Message Edited by Souljaboyz319 on 02-25-2010 10:22 AM
Message 23 of 61 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 06/05/2009
Offline
779 posts
 

Re: The Gullibility of Innocence and the Guise of Honesty

Feb 25, 2010

batdude wrote:

nosdrugis wrote:

Personally have a firm grasp of the english language.

 


Actually, no, no you don't


 

 Actually, yes, yes he does

 


JudgeMonkey wrote:
From my perspective, it seems rather rude and disrespectful to post inside matters, in such a public yet enigmatic way. Very, very rude.

 

I may not know exactly what nos is talking about but I know from Reading the OP that his tone was sincere, your tone in your post was, however, "very, very rude", tisk-tisk lol

 

 

 


HlPPE wrote:

The-Sarge wrote:

Dude?

What the hell are you talking about?

 


If you dont know what hes talking about you should be in the Home community more IMO. What he is talking about is ALL around you in Home. Social interaction on a social nework is tricky. You never know who is who. Personally i am me. When you see Hippe in Home in Hippe. Thats whats my friends call me in RL. I talk about RL issues important in MY life. Not some kinda alter ego i envented. For me when i find out an alter ego has been lieing to me about EVERYTHING i thought i knew about them it hurts somewhat to know i shared my life with them but they shared a lotally faulse alter ego with me. Thats what i got out of the OP. And that we should blame the Home app or think bad of it because some ppl have alter egos. Thats what i read in his post.


 

Cheers to you good sir, for a good clarification! Smiley Tongue

 

Message Edited by tom005 on 02-25-2010 01:23 PM
Message 24 of 61 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 08/20/2007
Offline
3496 posts
 

Re: The Gullibility of Innocence and the Guise of Honesty

Feb 25, 2010

Gideon wrote:

nosdrugis wrote:

NARDE15 wrote:

Duly Noted General Nos!

 

I am well aware of the drama your talking about and it is a issue that I respect you for addressing. That said I hate the machine as much as you do but we (GamerIndepth/GamerKnights) can't go ripping out clogs and gears based on hear say! Rest assured though that what ever is in darkness will be revealed in due time

 

Love Peace and Hair errrr scalp grease my friend!

Narde


Thank you, Narde. Am in complete agreeance where clogs and gears and hearsay are concerned. That being said, have personally gone to great lengths to get to the bottom of this subject. As stated in another thread, have no factual evidence to put forth. However, have been told in not so many words, and by more than a few individuals, that deceit is definately behind the wheel of the vehicle in question.

Peace and all back at you, friend.


 

Its COGS and gears... not CLOGS and gears Mr. "firm grasp of the English language."  (This is meant to be light hearted. Im just poking fun. No insult intended )

 

What I dont understand is there seems to be WAY to much seriousness in the Home community. Fellas... its a game... games are for fun... have fun. I understand that some people need drama in their lives for personal validation, but common guys. This forum, and Home, is clogged (correct usage of that word ) with self appointed ambassadors and semi-zealot rabble rousers. Take a step back and look at home for what it is: a place to hang out and have fun, not to go on personal crusades against the injustices of the virtu-world.

 

I think we all need to leave the self-importance at the "Validating Purchased Items" screen.

 

With THAT being said. Nos... sorry to hear you've been wronged. I have no idea what you went through but I wish you the best and hope your remaining friendships and trusts remain solid.

Message Edited by Gideon on 02-25-2010 10:18 AM

Its one thing to create an alter ego and be honest with others about it! But its another thing to create multiple accounts and claim that their are multiple ppl piloting those accounts. The first would be called roll playing, the latter is vicious and lying.

 

Like I always say, I never take anyone too seriously unless I can put a voice to your avatar!

Message 25 of 61 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 06/05/2009
Offline
779 posts
 

Re: The Gullibility of Innocence and the Guise of Honesty

Feb 25, 2010

HlPPE wrote:
And this is where Lithium fails TOTALLY. Ppl come in here and flame a thread that's over some ppls heads and what does Lithium do?! Nothing. That's what's wrong with these boards. These ppl with no knowledge and no understanding and NO intellect hop in threads and troll them. If i was Lithium I would ban users with this "I dont understand him so lets flame". BTW in a REAL forum the flamers in here wouldn't last a day. You better count your lucky stars this place is run like that hell hole 4C**n. Some of you wouldnt last one day in a professional BBS.

this is very true, if this were f@cepunch all of those people would get their "dumb" ratings xD

Message 26 of 61 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 02/13/2010
Offline
47 posts
 

Re: The Gullibility of Innocence and the Guise of Honesty

Feb 25, 2010
Both sides of this are wrong. I understand what the original poster is saying, but if you expect people not to respond in a public forum... lol. This has to be the most pointless post I have seen, simply because you remain (as others have said) enigmatic. You aren't accomplishing anything except letting your buddies who are in on this get off, for lack of a better term. Home is an alternate reality, and if you expect it to be free of deception and lameness, lol again. Seriously, what are you trying to prove with this post? Also, unless you are RPing someone with no English skills... you come off as someone who tries to use big words to make up for blatant grammatical errors.
Message Edited by blazin805 on 02-25-2010 10:28 AM
Message Edited by blazin805 on 02-25-2010 10:29 AM
Message 27 of 61 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 05/07/2009
Offline
6228 posts
 

Re: The Gullibility of Innocence and the Guise of Honesty

Feb 25, 2010

Dear sweet General Nos - Don't let the drama turn you into that Detective in the movie Dolores Clabourn - the one who's soul was ruined chasing truths without any chance of proving them,,,

 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 28 of 61 (17 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 02/09/2007
Offline
1262 posts
 

Re: The Gullibility of Innocence and the Guise of Honesty

Feb 25, 2010

blazin805 wrote:
Both sides of this are wrong. I understand what the original poster is saying, but if you expect people not to respond in a public forum... lol. This has to be the most pointless post I have seen, simply because you remain (as others have said) enigmatic. You aren't accomplishing anything except letting your buddies who are in on this get off, for lack of a better term. Home is an alternate reality, and if you expect it to be free of deception and lameness, lol again. Seriously, what are you trying to prove with this post? Also, unless you are RPing someone with no English skills... you come off as someone who tries to use big words to make up for blatant grammatical errors.
Message Edited by blazin805 on 02-25-2010 10:28 AM
Message Edited by blazin805 on 02-25-2010 10:29 AM
Thats funny. No we expect ppl to respond in a public forum with knowledge and insite into the topic. Not goofy flame posts. This is just another flame responce from mouths of no information on the OT. Just flaming the OP himself. 5 hour ban for this when i rule the boards! lol
GamerIndepth.net!
Message 29 of 61 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 04/16/2008
Offline
6846 posts
 

Re: The Gullibility of Innocence and the Guise of Honesty

Feb 25, 2010

I hope I can post this before anything bad happens to this thread. In my opinion, this offers much needed discussion.

 

I know and understand the situation you're speaking of, my friend. But I'm not going to take part in the situation by speaking directly of it. However, I will say this...

 

I've always been one to say, that the person you default to when under anonymity or when alone, is the person you truly are. I'm not talking about role playing, I'm talking about in terms of character, integrity, honesty, and personality. If when under anonymity you can get away with lying and being a jerk, but hold back in real life due to constraints of not wanting to be labeled as such . . . in fact in your heart you are a lying jerk. You just "supress" it in real life because you don't want the things that go with that sort of attitude. So in a way, we can tell a LOT about a person through Home and the forums.

 

But all that was said to pretty much get rid of the "This is only online, I'm not really like this in real life." type of arguments that may ensue. Sure . . . . whatever helps you sleep at night, my friend. Time for some self-reflection, I'd say.

 

All in all though, the drama that you're speaking of, is indeed widespread with so many grapevines and things leading from and to it. It's not the root or the main cause of the drama though. It's only a part of much worse.

 

When the drama of Home and the Forums tends to drag everyone into it's grasp, I work against that to ensure that I won't be dragged down or into its grasp just the same, and become part of the problem instead of the solution. How can you stop something, when that thing has entrapped you? First get free, and work on tearing down the web. When it tries to entangle you again, don't let it. Brush it off your shoulder and don't even let it touch you anymore.

 

I'm a forgiving person (who in the world am I, to NOT forgive, when I personally have been forgiven enough times to last several lifetimes), AND I don't let what others say and believe about a person, affect my judgment of that person. I don't jump on the bandwagon of judgmentalism either. I hear the case and the reasoning behind what others say and sometimes it's justified, other times it's not. But in both cases I take what I know and still work with whomever instead of jumping on the bandwagon.

 

It's been said more than a few times that with all the cliques and all the attitudes and drama that we see in Home and the forums, it reminds many of High School all over again. So I'll use an example:

 

When I was in High School, I was of course hated by many, and judged constantly because of who and what I am. However, I also ALWAYS had a rather large group of people follow me around almost everywhere I went! (Sometimes bad when I wanted to be alone of course, but hey, c'est la vie). You know who that group of people consisted of? The outcasts I suppose. The witches (my area's main belief system is pagan), drug-heads, nerds, jocks, preppies. They were people out of every group or clique. I didn't go around and not want to hang with certain people or groups just because of what others whispered or yelled about them. And these people were constantly around me because I was real with them. I didn't sit there and tell them to bug off, or judge them or anything like that. I was real with them, and of course I also advised them to stop when they did the wrong stuff.

 

I said that because it's the same with Home. I don't care what the drama pins to certain people or names. I don't care if that person brought it upon themselves even. The fact of the matter is that they're a person and I'm not going to be brought into the web of drama and jump on the bandwagon. If someone is doing things worthy of a bad name, then trust me if they hang around with me long enough they'll get tired of me telling them to stop and they'll leave. But I won't be the one to do it myself.

 

++++++++++++

This is the important part directly related to Home in General, that we need to realize in the forums and in Home: (And when I say "you" I don't mean anyone in particular, I'm speaking generally)

 

Each avatar is a person. Each person has a personality! Because we're in a setting where personality is pretty much all that we see and meet up with . . .  there's a ton of clashing that will happen. The thing is . . .  just because a personality is different from what we are, or what we feel comfortable with, it doesn't automatically deem that personality to be wrong (I'm not talking about those who DO the wrong things such as being a griefer/harasser/jerk all-around, I'm speaking in general). And then, just because you don't like a person, never gives you the right to get into the drama of messing with that person's name. Ever heard the saying that generally means, "Hate the actions, not the person"? That goes well here.

 

Home is meant to be a social networking app that is fun. However, too many people forget that when you meet people, personalities clash, and they jump to flaming, judging, and drama. All that's not necessary. What IS necessary, is this:

 

R-E-S-P-E-C-T

 

We all need to respect each other enough to realize that we're not who the world revolves around, others are different, there will be some bad eggs of course, but it doesn't mean they need to drag us down to their level or into drama either.

 

But . . . . I think that's about all I think I can say at the moment. Hopefully this post will go through!

"I want to fly, into the sky
Turn my back on this whole world and leave it all behind
This place is not my home. It's got nothing for me
Only leaves me with emptiness And tears in my eyes"


PSMVP: Motivated. Vigilant. Passionate.
Message 30 of 61 (17 Views)