Ghost of Sparta
13188 posts

Re: The Future of Home Information Station!

Dec 28, 2013

ALIEN-gunner wrote:
Home has no future. The End.

If Home has no future then why Home still getting updates. and why Upcoming Home Content is still giving Sneak Peeks on whats coming to the future? and why SCEE given future updates (such as New New Home Square, Home Tycoon, and more) after confirming no Home on PS4 and added "We're going to continue supporting Home over thoses years" something?

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png
Message 21 of 44 (339 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
320 posts

Dec 28, 2013
It's a temporary future. It's on life support now. All these updates aren't updates, they are more junk products for purchase. Home is a dead app.
ジャーマン ・ウォリア
Message 22 of 44 (337 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
320 posts

Dec 28, 2013
And they aren't going to outright tell you it's dead. They are going to vaguely state Home will still be supported in the hopes they can sucker the existing users to throw away more money at them. Home is not getting new users. It's dead.
ジャーマン ・ウォリア
Message 23 of 44 (336 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13188 posts

Dec 28, 2013

ALIEN-gunner wrote:
And they aren't going to outright tell you it's dead. They are going to vaguely state Home will still be supported in the hopes they can sucker the existing users to throw away more money at them. Home is not getting new users. It's dead.

this may help

then go to the Youtube Video Page and go to the Comments Section.

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png
Message 24 of 44 (330 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
463 posts

Dec 28, 2013

ALIEN-gunner wrote:
It's a temporary future. It's on life support now. All these updates aren't updates, they are more junk products for purchase. Home is a dead app.

This whole post is one big contradiction, but the highlighted bits especially. If Home was dead it wouldn't have a future, not even a temp one. If Home was on life support it wouldn't be dead. when something is dead is no longer receiving updates, is no longer funded, and is no longer staffed. Updates add new items and spaces in general. That's what we've got, not to mention patches for bugs. You don't patch a dead app, and you don't add content to a dead app. Even if it is a temp future, is still a future. Just like life w/ cancer, you don't know how long you'll have left, but you know you always have today. So maybe we can all stop worrying about when Home is gonna shut down and just have fun while is here. In fact I put down about another $30 in purchases for Christmas stuff just a few weeks ago and I don't even care. So I say what ive always said. Enjoy your time on home and have fun and live w/ what it is, or sod off and quite bickering.

Message 25 of 44 (315 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4410 posts

Dec 29, 2013
My thread....my beautiful thread Smiley Sad

Jersquall: Any new news on Home on PS4 yet?

Tempest_Fire: Due to a shifting landscape, PlayStation Home will cease publishing new content on November 12, 2014.

@conrad_max

Message 26 of 44 (292 Views)
Gaming Beast
1732 posts

Dec 29, 2013
Ignore the troll, Ed. He isn't worth it. Someone had stated in another thread that 2014 will be the biggest year on Home to date for nDreams, proof that Home still does have a decent pulse for the time being.
Message 27 of 44 (278 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4410 posts

Dec 29, 2013
A positive spin on things for a change is nDreams are also working on a rather big project for PS4. Big project + biggest year for Home in the same year? Slap me silly! I'll do all the linkage a little bit later unless someone wants to do the honors.

Jersquall: Any new news on Home on PS4 yet?

Tempest_Fire: Due to a shifting landscape, PlayStation Home will cease publishing new content on November 12, 2014.

@conrad_max

Message 28 of 44 (248 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1732 posts

Dec 29, 2013
Tranny says you do the honors, Ed. For two reasons. One, this is your thread and two, Tranny likely can't do that from a smart phone. But yeah, good news like that regarding Home definitely needs to be added.
Message 29 of 44 (240 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
466 posts

Dec 29, 2013
"after confirming no Home on PS4 and added "We're going to continue supporting Home over thoses years" something?"

Where was it confirmed that there will be no Home on the PS4?
Message 30 of 44 (215 Views)
0 Likes