Jul 30, 2013

Agreed Ed. A partner in crime is always preferrable. Cat Wink

*out of kudos again, ugh*

Message 31 of 37 (282 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4410 posts

Re: The Company We Keep

Jul 29, 2013
It's ok, I won't launch a formal investigation about your kudos finger Smiley Very Happy
Be sure to keep the company you have now *thumbs up*

Jersquall: Any new news on Home on PS4 yet?

Tempest_Fire: Due to a shifting landscape, PlayStation Home will cease publishing new content on November 12, 2014.

@conrad_max

Message 32 of 37 (275 Views)
Survivor
1317 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 2, 2013

I've personally been through so many different stages on home. I started home way back on closed beta and fell in love with it right away. We didn't have game content or anything, all we had were 4 spaces and people. People to me is what can really make the BIG difference on home. 

I originally found a group of 5 or 6 people and we all became the best of friends. If we hung out with someone, it was usually from someone within our tight knit group. Over the years though 1 by 1 they stopped coming on home until I was the only one left. I tried to make new friends that met my expectations, but I never seemed to find anyone quite right for me. So between a few bad experiences and lots of effort put into finding new friends and it never working out, I gave up. It was a bit lonely at first, but I became a reward hunter. I found a lot of satisfaction in getting every reward that was available and soon it became the norm. 

I'd say I did the reward hunting thing by myself for about almost 2 years, but I was getting particularly lonely, so I decided to start reading/posting here in the forums. I mostly just read what everyone said as on here people are a bit easier to read than on home. I entered a lame contest or 2 and then LT held that street fighter vs tekken tournament. I hadn't planned on entering but I was a bit bored and I really enjoyed the game so I entered. It was so much fun. I got to meet so many of the different people that I had just read about on these forums and it was fun to put a name with an avatar. 

Since that contest I've befriended many of you and I'm so happy to call you my friends. I knew 1 or 2 of you before this and I've just gotten to know you even better Smiley Happy. My experience on home has changed a lot since before that contest. I'm excited to come on home again. I look forward to coming on everyday. One particular person I've grown quite close to and I'm proud to call her my best friend, on and off of psh. She really has changed how I view home as a whole, and I look forward to seeing and spending time with her everyday. ( you know who you are )

At a time where I really just needed good friends, I found all of you, so tysm for changing my home experience and my life. 

your friend, 

Kitty Cat Happy

Message 33 of 37 (214 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13190 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 2, 2013

myalana wrote:

When the pool game was changed, many of my friends who played the game alot stopped visiting Home. 

All just because of the Redesign of PS Home of Nov. 2011 Smiley Tongue

at least i suck at Pools before/after.

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png
Message 34 of 37 (188 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
165 posts

Aug 2, 2013
Kitty your post is very moving to me on a deeply personal level. For reasons I won't share. But I just hope everyone comes to realize that your friends are friends no matter if they are behind an avatar or standing in front of you in the flesh. Real humans are those avis you see, and the bring soul to the PlayStation universe period.
Message 35 of 37 (172 Views)
Survivor
1317 posts

Aug 3, 2013

xXpizzagirlXx wrote:
Kitty your post is very moving to me on a deeply personal level. For reasons I won't share. But I just hope everyone comes to realize that your friends are friends no matter if they are behind an avatar or standing in front of you in the flesh. Real humans are those avis you see, and the bring soul to the PlayStation universe period.

I agree, while this is on a game system, I know there's a real person sitting behind a tv somewhere and try and treat them how I would as if they were sitting right here with me Smiley Happy

Message 36 of 37 (126 Views)
Fender Bender
1571 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 3, 2013

@ Kitty, I have run out of kudos. Think you have matched Mya's sentiment. Your words have painted a picture of the feeling we all have, when we find close friends on Home. So stop before you make a grown man cry.

Posted Image
Message 37 of 37 (112 Views)