Uncharted Territory
1401 posts

Re: The Company We Keep

Jul 29, 2013
I would like to offer that the friends you entertain are even luckier than you. You are a wonderful person.
Message 21 of 37 (321 Views)
Welcoming Committee
5957 posts

Jul 29, 2013

Being someone who doesn't make friends easily. This post reminds me of  how much I miss my two good friends that no longer are on home.  Sometimes it's hard to realizes how much you'll miss someone until their gone.Woman Sad

=+=Irresponsible kids are raised by irresponsible parents who were once irresponsible kids themselves.The vicious cycle continues.=+=[/IMG]
Message 22 of 37 (316 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
8001 posts

Jul 29, 2013

King_xO-AsSaSSin wrote:

Smiley Wink

This is a nice post.......This is wonderful

Threads don't make me emotional but this did

Thanks King. I don't often make posts such as this but for some reason I felt compelled to this time. I'm generally not very happy with my opening post when I create a thread and this time was no different. I'm sure I could've been more polished and conveyed my sentiments a bit better, but then after reading the replies, I can see my message was understood. Thank you all.

Message 23 of 37 (294 Views)
Fender Bender
1570 posts

Jul 29, 2013

Mya, your post is both eloquent and from your heart. Our Home experience is what we make it, but dear friends make it so much richer. Taking the time to share your new found love of someone special you met on Home is uplifting.

Playing Kikia has really brought it "Home" to me, how special my friends are on my list. New ones and old add so much. It so great to connect with friends and meet new friends while enjoying a fantastic game. So many of them I have played a level or two with: BigInJapan, Vee, GoddessBunny, ITCOB1, Digitman3, Julian, Jason, JJ, Mya, Kitty, Beor... Have I missed anyone?

I am "Blessed" (shades of PIP) to have a list of friends who add so much to my life. Thanks for taking the time to share Mya. It is refreshing to read such a positive post and positive replies.  Smiley Happy Mur

Posted Image
Message 24 of 37 (278 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5477 posts

Jul 29, 2013

I tried Home as an experiment, and, from the first post I made in this forum afterwards, you folks made me (and, later, Mel) feel very welcome.  Many have reached out to me, and it is wonderful.

The community vibe here is a wonderful one, and seeing threads like this just solidifies and reinvigorates those feelings.

Thank you, Mya, and thank you all.  *tips his hat*

Grindhead_Jim

Message 25 of 37 (258 Views)
Survivor
1454 posts

Jul 29, 2013

I'll bet you made a kitty cry with that post Mya.

I remember that thread you created when they ruined pool.  I actually took a very keen interest in it.  It was the first time I'd seen you post and I was impressed.  I was impressed not only with your writing style, but the tone you took, and maintained, throughout.  I watched as GW came on and said the changes were meant to "shorten the time to fun", or some such bs.  I watched as you made your rebuttal and pleas to return it to it's former version.  I watched as GW never came back on, and you bumped the thread daily, yet maintained a professional tone imploring them to put the game back.  I watched as first-time posters came on, no doubt your doing, and made the same pleas, all to no avail.  I also watched as one day some random popped into the same empty Hudson server I was in and we met for the first time.

It's been awhile now, and I'll say, I'm still impressed.  Thanks.  Smiley Happy  Dean 

Posted Image
Message 26 of 37 (237 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
8001 posts

Jul 29, 2013

Digitman3 wrote:

I'll bet you made a kitty cry with that post Mya.

I remember that thread you created when they ruined pool.  I actually took a very keen interest in it.  It was the first time I'd seen you post and I was impressed.  I was impressed not only with your writing style, but the tone you took, and maintained, throughout.  I watched as GW came on and said the changes were meant to "shorten the time to fun", or some such bs.  I watched as you made your rebuttal and pleas to return it to it's former version.  I watched as GW never came back on, and you bumped the thread daily, yet maintained a professional tone imploring them to put the game back.  I watched as first-time posters came on, no doubt your doing, and made the same pleas, all to no avail.  I also watched as one day some random popped into the same empty Hudson server I was in and we met for the first time.

It's been awhile now, and I'll say, I'm still impressed.  Thanks.  Smiley Happy  Dean 

Thank you Dean. I believe you were the first Forum member that I added on Home and one of the main reasons I stuck around. I think we understand one another pretty well and both realize that without the close friends we've made, Home doesn't really hold that much appeal.

Message 27 of 37 (221 Views)
VP of Gaming
28380 posts

Jul 29, 2013

myalana wrote:

I think we understand one another pretty well and both realize that without the close friends we've made, Home doesn't really hold that much appeal.

My post may be an unpopular reply and be regarded as negative, but even if I didn't have friends in Home, I would still be using it. Many of the games are fun and it's always nice meeting strangers (and making new friends).

Your first post in this thread was eloquent, but I would still enjoy Home even if my friends weren't here. In fact, most aren't on the same time as I am, so the company of strangers is always a welcome.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 28 of 37 (207 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
8001 posts

Jul 29, 2013

Conrad_Max wrote:

myalana wrote:

I think we understand one another pretty well and both realize that without the close friends we've made, Home doesn't really hold that much appeal.

My post may be an unpopular reply and be regarded as negative, but even if I didn't have friends in Home, I would still be using it. Many of the games are fun and it's always nice meeting strangers (and making new friends).

Your first post in this thread was eloquent, but I would still enjoy Home even if my friends weren't here. In fact, most aren't on the same time as I am, so the company of strangers is always a welcome.

I don't see it as negative Conrad...that is what you enjoy in Home, so be it. I know from my own experience that i've enjoyed my time on Home immeasureably more as of late and I know the reason why.

Message 29 of 37 (189 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4410 posts

Jul 29, 2013

Conrad_Max wrote:
even if I didn't have friends in Home, I would still be using it. Many of the games are fun

Your cheque from Granzella's in the post.

Conrad_Max wrote:

the company of strangers is always a welcome.

When you have no friends, the company of strangers is always a welcome!

-

That said, I find your post to be very true, Mya. It was beautifully written Smiley Happy if I didn't have any muses or fellow pranksters with me, I'd never bother logging into Home period. Antagonizing rude people with the latest boulder or raptor LMO is nowhere near as fun without an audience or assistant.

Jersquall: Any new news on Home on PS4 yet?

Tempest_Fire: Due to a shifting landscape, PlayStation Home will cease publishing new content on November 12, 2014.

@conrad_max

Message 30 of 37 (152 Views)