Lombax Warrior
155 posts

Re: The Bramblenook Farm Status :)

Mar 4, 2013
To confirm, is there no difference between the additional layouts? I wonder what the point is on having different ones then. :/
Message 121 of 145 (747 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
297 posts

Mar 4, 2013

Super_Jinx wrote:
To confirm, is there no difference between the additional layouts? I wonder what the point is on having different ones then. :/

Layouts refer to the different furniture layouts you may have. Something the normal personal spaces ought to have.

Message 122 of 145 (734 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
155 posts

Mar 4, 2013
Right. But why have so many "different" ones, if they are all the same and you can only use one at a time anyways.
Message 123 of 145 (721 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1311 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 4, 2013

It's still a good trick and use, of extra ram left over from Space size, Texture, or tight polygon objects to make a built in optional furniture layouts for the user's, seeing the core does not even do that.

Which leads me believe there shall be no update for the PS3 Home core for this type of options when you have 3rd party making it.

Space optimization should have done alone time ago,

Keeping the PS3 home alive a bit longer with this.

Still nice work Juggernaut, you folks write good code.

Message 124 of 145 (716 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
39 posts

Bramblenook farm tips

Mar 4, 2013
I bought the farm last week and thought I'd share some tips to help those who may be struggling with getting it up an running. I've found that when starting out, building the rustic bucket over an over again may be time consuming, but its free to build and only takes 5 wood, so pure profit. When chopping wood, its good to raise your wood multiplyer . If the meter is moving quickly, and you can't make it to hit it while its still green, its ok, hit the yellow. It may pause your swing, but your wood count won't start over, and you won't lose your wood multiplyer. Also, raising your level in the garden so you can plant corn and watermelons is a great way to earn gold. In less than a half hour your crop is ready to harvest. Thanks to these tips, my farm has 5 of each animal, a harvest of corn every 27 minutes, and gold flowing in. I hope this may help someone. Don't forget to slop the hogs Smiley Happy
Message 125 of 145 (715 Views)
Survivor
1924 posts

A Bramblenook owner thoughts to the developers.....

Mar 4, 2013

At first I wasn't going to get this space. It's a really nice space. But the "atmosphere" is more like a children's book of a farm. And for me, I'm not really into that. And I'm not into PAYING for that. LOL. And it's not cheap. A $7 or so space. 

BUT...

But then my friend got it. And showed me how the gifting system works. And that was the key selling point for me. Lots of stuff to give to friends. And being able to give alot to friends is a much better selling point for me. After years in Home I have so much, and have little interest in another apartment for myself. But it really is fun to give furniture to friends. Making the gifts is fun to do. You also need to level up in order to make better gifts. Another nice idea. The other minigames are fun too. 

This is one of the most innovative apartments we've seen in Home in a long time. Definite A for effort.

A few suggestions to the dev for this:

• The nighttime needs to feel like night. The "night" is oddly very bright. It looks like overcast with a starry sky. With all the beauty of light illuminated near pitch dark.

• Also there are no giftable chairs. And you can't put chairs in these new slots. And chairs and table items (forks, plates) are items that kill our slot use. Because you never use just one. And to not have to eat up our 100 slots with chairs, utensils, etc would be VERY helpful.

• We also should be allowed to wade up to our knees in the water. Don't need to add memory with a swim animation. But being able to wade into the water would be VERY nice. And a great thing to add.

• Also, after awhile it's too easy to have a ton of gold and wood chopping becomes a chore. It would be nice to be able to use gold to buy wood. That would even out the importance of crops, animals and wood.
Message 126 of 145 (699 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Re: A Bramblenook owner thoughts to the developers.....

Mar 4, 2013

This space actually motivated me to buy Harvest Moon: Back to Nature ($5.99 in the PSN Store) over the weekend. That's still a great game, apart from the isometric view, and it's got a bit more of what I was hoping for from a farm space.

Gifting is cool, but other than that, we're leveling up and getting all this gold just to get to the top levels and get more gold. Right now, there's no apparent reason to do either. More gold is just more gold. Can I buy something with it? Will leveling up eventually let me get cows or horses?

I've heard an expansion is on the way, and I hope it will incorporate some elements of strategy and some goals, which are the things that are really missing here. The basic elements of gameplay are fun, but there are no stakes and no reason to complete anything. Harvest Moon, by contrast, was all about managing the clock. Effiiciency and planning are the keys to success in that game, and that's what I'd ultimately like in a farming sim.

Home Tycoon suffered from similar problems at launch. The included missions were easily beaten, leaving no real reason to keep playing. The last two expansion packs have more than solved that problem by requiring players to meet some pretty challenging goals. With a few tweaks in that direction, Bramblenook could be one of the better game experiences in Home.

Follow me on Twitter:
twitter.com/hearitwow

Watch past episodes:
HomeCast at HomeStation Magazine

Message 127 of 145 (669 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Mar 6, 2013

Thank you for your post it was very helpful,because while the farm is very beautiful and a nice change from the regular, I was getting a little frustrated over this gold thing!!

Thanks again,

Bloodrayne4Life

Message 128 of 145 (559 Views)
0 Likes
Juggernaut Developer
102 posts

Mar 6, 2013

Hello Home,

Thanks everyone for your feedback and all the amazing ideas! We are really glad to see so many people enjoying the space and we have great plans for it in the future! Please feel free to keep posting your suggestions and any needed improvements, we are definitely listening and will try to incorporate as many of them as possible.  Happy farming!

Also check out the Bramblenook Farmyard Bundle (released today), which has companion versions of all the animals as well as some really adorable active items that spawn baby animals that wander around any personal space.

<3 Juggernaut

Message 129 of 145 (517 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
356 posts

Mar 6, 2013

I like the space and the ability to do the different farm tasks. But I was disappointed that it took 1 day to finish everything.

So now I am level 5 at crafting and planting, have 15 animals all at 3 hearts, have all the crafted furniture made, and 11,000 gold in my pocket with nothing else to do.

In the future they should make it more difficult to achieve the highest goals.

Message 130 of 145 (490 Views)
0 Likes