First Son
3 posts

Re: The Borat swimsuits

Aug 8, 2013

Those swimsuits remind me of nDreams fantasy items or Granzella's Leis. Or Konami's GoGo bottoms.  

I find the V-Swimsuits to be hilariously funny. 

Sackboy
236 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 9, 2013

OK call me a prude or whatever you want, but I am sorry no offense nDreams those outfits are definitely not appropriate for 13 year olds. I have granddaughters with one who will be 13 next year. There is no way in the world I will let her be on Home.These really are not outfits for young eyes fun or not. And people don't start telling me they see worse at the beach, because they don't. We are their influences and we should care what they see.

When I started on Home 4 years ago it wasn't too bad. There were some people with the nasty language every once in a while, but now things are getting out of hand! 

Both of my granddaughters would watch me at the dolphy races. I named my dolphys after them and they loved watching them. The last year and a half though I have stopped letting them watch, and it is because of the outfits, and the actions of  the people on there. They ask me why they can't watch anymore and I tell them I am sorry , but it has changed with some things that are not good for kids. They so loved to watch me and even liked talking to my friends, but not anymore.

They need to raise the age requirement and make it 18 and older, just like they have on games and movies. It is no longer family friendly.

I will also tell my daughter if she gets a PS3 or inherits mine to never allow her kids on Home until they are well over the age of 18!!

Sony you need to change the age requirement  for people to go on Home. It is no longer age appropriate for young teens. It is not sending them a good message at all. Or moderate Home much more than it has been.  Just like regular games have age guidance so should Home.

By the way don't get me wrong I love Home I just think it has gotten to where it is no longer appropriate for young teens period!!

Message 92 of 107 (5,208 Views)
Uncharted Territory
965 posts

Aug 9, 2013

I am still looking for the eligible age for PShome.

I have met people claiming to be 8 years old, but type with the speed and the vocabulary of a 30 year old. I have met people claiming to be 13 years old, but their trophies are all from killing, and war type games.

Is 13+ the actual age restriction?

If I meet someone that is below this age, should I report them?

Do I need to see ID before letting someone into my club to see the Robo-dancers and the models in their V-kinis?

Message 93 of 107 (5,177 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1015 posts

Aug 9, 2013

Home was always meant for 17+, said so in the original ToS, don't know if it still says it now.

Message 94 of 107 (5,168 Views)
Wastelander
380 posts

Aug 9, 2013

I wonder when Home goes back up, will they be gone? ANYONE, ANYONE?

Message 95 of 107 (5,133 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
30 posts

Aug 9, 2013

I bought the bundle earlier today and I'm super happy with my purchase! Most of my friends bought them too lol. It was so much fun. We hung out at the serenity plaza and then at the luminosity open house. The only people who were upset by all the male avatars wearing v-swimsuits were the homophobic guys (typing things like "that's gay **bleep**"). And that was only a few. Most people actually thought it was funny and enjoyed it. People responded playfully and joked around. It was all in good fun. I want to post up pics but I'm not sure if they'll be allowed lol.

With that being said (err..typed), I think it's safe to say that people who disapprove of the v-swimsuits are in the minority. I just hope the swimsuits don't get removed during this unexpected maintenance. Three of my friends really love them and want to get them but have to wait for funds.

Message 96 of 107 (5,130 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
1015 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 9, 2013

You people want to go off on virtual content look up IMVU or some other virtual online worlds. In IMVU avatars can actually have sexual intercourse with eachother. While kids are playing that, you're going off about a swimsuit on PS Home ? 

Geez I swear I feel like Rita from Power Rangers right now.. 

::Rita's Voice:: " I HAVE SUCH A HEADACHE !!! " Smiley Indifferent

Message 97 of 107 (5,124 Views)
Lombax Warrior
128 posts

Aug 9, 2013

redrumblefish wrote:

So if the "easily offended" users get their way and the V suits are taken out of the store, what happens for those who bought them? Do we lose our V suits & get a refund or do we get to keep our V suits but just not allowed to walk in "virtual public" with them on? The latter would be quite silly.

Message 98 of 107 (5,110 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1317 posts

Aug 9, 2013

Asheruc wrote:

redrumblefish wrote:

So if the "easily offended" users get their way and the V suits are taken out of the store, what happens for those who bought them? Do we lose our V suits & get a refund or do we get to keep our V suits but just not allowed to walk in "virtual public" with them on? The latter would be quite silly.

They already passed the Q+A part of appoval to get on home. Regardless of how people feel, they are here to stay.

Message 99 of 107 (5,102 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
631 posts

Aug 9, 2013

Going by movie standards, those outfits are PG-13 which is the equivalent of Teen ESRB rating. It doesn't show any "inappropriate" body parts, which in my opinion, there are no inappropriate body parts. If there was actually nudity, then yes it would be rated R or Mature ESRB rating. If a movie displayed these outfits and it was the most risqué thing shown, it would be easily PG-13 not and R. Which also means parental guidance for those 13 & under. If parents are using a PS3 as a babysitter, then it is their fault they are seeing these so called inappropriate outfits, because they should be watching what they're kids are doing. To me the outfits are fine, gay or straight, funny or sexy, however anyone sees it. This will be my only comment on this subject as I don't like arguing. Peace.

Antonio Xul
Message 100 of 107 (5,059 Views)
0 Likes