Gaming Beast
1483 posts

Re: The Barn of Fame Contest| PS Home: The Horses' Fashion Runway

[ Edited ]
May 24, 2014

myalana wrote:

Thank you for holding the contest and please run it as you see fit. You'll never make everyone happy and in some people's cases, there's little point in trying as they thrive on being miserable and trying to make others feel the same.

Thank you Myalana!

Unfortunately you are correct. It is nearly to impossible to make everyone happy, but I hope that the 26 weeks that I have got, before the real thing starts, will get me close to that.

I hope to see everyone participating in the contest, and as I said, I will do my best to judge it the best way I can, and to make everyone feels that justice has been made every time I pick a winner.

Join Our Groove Today, Please Press My Signature To Join!

torag365Signature

Message 31 of 81 (751 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4056 posts

May 24, 2014

torag365 wrote:

myalana wrote:

Thank you for holding the contest and please run it as you see fit. You'll never make everyone happy and in some people's cases, there's little point in trying as they thrive on being miserable and trying to make others feel the same.

Thank you Myalana!

Unfortunately you are correct. It is nearly to impossible to make everyone happy, but I hope that the 26 weeks that I have got, before the real thing starts, will get me close to that.

I hope to see everyone participating in the contest, and as I said, I will do my best to judge it the best way I can, and to make everyone feels that justice has been made every time I pick a winner.

So... wait... there are 52 weeks in a year (I know, I know 52.1775 weeks for those who like to nit-pick... you know who are >.>) and the contest doesn't begin for another 26 weeks? 52-26 = 26... That's half a year or 6 months away, if you prefer. You guys have been arguing about the fairness of a contest that doesn't start for 6 more months? SMH

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 32 of 81 (743 Views)
Gaming Beast
1483 posts

[ Edited ]
May 24, 2014

JulianMatisse wrote:

torag365 wrote:

myalana wrote:

Thank you Myalana!

So... wait... there are 52 weeks in a year (I know, I know 52.1775 weeks for those who like to nit-pick... you know who are >.>) and the contest doesn't begin for another 26 weeks? 52-26 = 26... That's half a year or 6 months away, if you prefer. You guys have been arguing about the fairness of a contest that doesn't start for 6 more months? SMH

In 26 weeks (November), Lockwood will give me the exclusive rewards, until then I will give away every week vouchers for Lockwood content.

But I am calling it "The Real thing", because when I will start to give away the two most rare items in PlayStation Home, I will announce only one winner per week, and the rules will become much more strict to ensure that the rarity of the items is secured.

The next 26 weeks will be a warm up both for participants and for myself, but trust me that it is well worth to participate in a weekly basis, until then Smiley Happy

torag365Signature

Message 33 of 81 (736 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
5755 posts

May 24, 2014

I have no idea what's going on here, and it seems like the rules need to be more clearly defined, but since I already took pics of my horses yesterday...

PlayStation(R)Home Picture 05-23-2014 16-35-39.jpg

PlayStation(R)Home Picture 05-23-2014 16-39-08.jpg

Same scene, (slightly) different angles:

Spoiler

PlayStation(R)Home Picture 05-23-2014 16-35-19.jpg

PlayStation(R)Home Picture 05-23-2014 16-32-44.jpg

PlayStation(R)Home Picture 05-23-2014 16-33-22.jpg 

Message 34 of 81 (715 Views)
Gaming Beast
1483 posts

May 25, 2014

StephieRawks wrote:

I have no idea what's going on here, and it seems like the rules need to be more clearly defined, but since I already took pics of my horses yesterday...

Same scene, (slightly) different angles:

Spoiler

Great scene Stephie,

And as I said, I will shape the rules between every week, to ensure it will be fair to all (It is now), but I will make it even better. Smiley Happy

torag365Signature

Message 35 of 81 (677 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
139 posts

[ Edited ]
May 28, 2014

All of the complaining and paranoia about how this contest is unfair or biased is ludicrous!!!  

First off, You dont need a Master's Degree in Fine Arts from Yale to be able to see the difference between a scene that was well-planned  with attention paid to detail versus one that was thrown together willy-nilly with little thought put into it..

Second, if you do not enter the contest, you don't have the right to compain about it being unfair or biased.  Even if you do enter the contest, you dont get to compain about the judging being unfair until AFTER it is judged.

Who cares who judges the contest and what is the big deal if someone wins or not?  This isnt a high stakes contest nor will it make anyone famous.  This is suppose to be fun.  I'm having a blast thinking up new scenes and creating them.  I look forward to seeing what other people are entering and their idea as well.  Unfortunately, there is more complaining than entries Woman Frustrated 

Message 36 of 81 (631 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13184 posts

May 28, 2014

terrybarracuda wrote:

All of the complaining and paranoia about how this contest is unfair or biased is ludicrous!!!  

First off, You dont need a Master's Degree in Fine Arts from Yale to be able to see the difference between a scene that was well-planned  with attention paid to detail versus one that was thrown together willy-nilly with little thought put into it..

Second, if you do not enter the contest, you don't have the right to compain about it being unfair or biased.  Even if you do enter the contest, you dont get to compain about the judging being unfair until AFTER it is judged.

Who cares who judges the contest and what is the big deal if someone wins or not?  This isnt a high stakes contest nor will it make anyone famous.  This is suppose to be fun.  I'm having a blast thinking up new scenes and creating them.  I look forward to seeing what other people are entering and their idea as well.  Unfortunately, there is more complaining than entries Woman Frustrated 

GIVE THIS GUY/GAL A COOKIE!

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png
Message 37 of 81 (617 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13184 posts

[ Edited ]
May 28, 2014

CMCSAVAGE wrote:

torag365 wrote:

CMCSAVAGE wrote:

torag365 wrote:
Regarding on how I decide the winner, please look at the FAQ section for the contest, I will do my best to keep it as fair as possible, and I am sure that the time will improve my judging abilities Smiley Happy

This is contest where people have to cater to your own personal tastes?

No. Everyone has a different taste, and if someone has a different taste than mine, I cannot prevent him from winning this contest.

Some of the entries I have seen at the last thread really did not hit my own personal taste, but I had to appreciate the time and thinking that the creators of these scene have invested.

However, obviously like every contest, this contest can become unfair

If Lockwood is really sponsoring this, then maybe LKWD_MIKE should be a judge also. This way, you won't get accused of picking friends or forum members you happen to like.

He ain't the only one here picking people.

I also do that as well, when a another forum member (which i won't mention 'cause of blacklisting) starts to think I post ALOT of derails and off-topic memes or sumthing.

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png
Message 38 of 81 (616 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
10644 posts

May 28, 2014

I am not sure if this koalafies but im going to post it anyways. Smiley Tongue

If it does and i win please award my cake to @CMCSAVAGE

(for no specific reason) 

scene includes the sodium lounge and no additional furnishings 

Message 39 of 81 (602 Views)