Uncharted Territory
1729 posts

Re: Home Deco Clubs?

May 9, 2012

Bottom line is we rock. I've never given thought to starting a club but now I'm somewhat tempted. As it was savage's thread as well as idea, I hold her solely responsible for such Creation and get togethers. but if not I know we could hold it down esco. Savage holler at me.

- Restless Dreams.
Message 10 of 63 (45 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
286 posts

May 10, 2012

Good idea about a club! Hey, if you are interested in seeing what some folks have posted previously on forum threads, check out http://community.us.playstation.com/message/1866738 (this is an old thread but had a lot of pictures... people got pretty creative), and the Home Decor Showcase thread: http://community.us.playstation.com/message/37282536#37282536 .

Dylrious also was showing her apartment and offering decorating advice to anyone who wanted it. She has some fantastic ideas, which you can see in her thread here: http://community.us.playstation.com/thread/4653320?start=0&tstart=0

Anyway, I'm sure that will give you some additional folks who might be interested in joining a Home club with a decorating theme. Is Home Freaks United the official name? Feel free to send me an invite if it's what you guys are going with, I love seeing new decorating ideas.

Message 11 of 63 (45 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2284 posts

May 10, 2012

count me in!  as you know, I am already doing a video series of "Home Forgotten Personal Spaces" (see www.hsmagazine.net for links to all or go to KearaKauai on YouTube).  I love getting more inspirations.

Message 12 of 63 (45 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1729 posts

May 10, 2012

If anyone is interested send me a pm now as I'm in home. Maybe I might get this deco experts thing started.

However as to how the thread was started, this is a serious deco club. In which participants will be more than happy to showcase n show off what they got, they're styles, themes and creativity as well as offer suggestions if possible and display if and all new items if any for members to see. A weekly get together sounds appropriate. And current happenings should also be a must within. As home deco experts, the club should be only for those with the proper know how and items a bunch. The pros. But still since in home we all help the community many shall be embraced. Seriously decked out!

- Restless Dreams.
Message 13 of 63 (44 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
13271 posts

May 10, 2012

I'm sending out friend requests now. There has been lack of serious interest, until now. The one thing I didn't want to happen, happened. I spent $$ on a club and 3 clubhouses only to have them sit. The few friends that do belong unfortunately don't share my interest. Thanks for showing serious interest in this.

I've spent a lot of money on spaces and deco. Not to pat myself on the back, but I have some really nice spaces. A lot need to be redone due to their age and the deco I had at the time. Not an easy task when you have 30+ personal spaces.

I'm thinking of a name change right now.......LOL. Tip: Don't try to name a club at 2 o'clock in the morning.....

Message 14 of 63 (44 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
13271 posts

May 10, 2012

Hey esco, I tried to send you a friend request but you're full. If you're still interested send me a message.

Message 15 of 63 (44 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1406 posts

May 10, 2012

i would def be down also. I have 58 spaces and I juuuust redeco'd all of them. I deleted my acct to try to remedy the D5021's a while back and lost everything. I have spent the last week redoing it all so it'd be nice to show it to ppl. Great Idea!! ^^

Message 16 of 63 (44 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1729 posts

May 10, 2012

We getting it rolling. As I have also taken a role in this I have created a club for this purpose. I would like to introduce Chicago's Style PROS.  In other words style matters. This club maybe as well as ms. savage's will help establish a public interest and community between the two. Public showcasing being an emphasis here and showing off. Not based on a specific space nor a competition. But to impress for sure. As well as provide a connection of the public aspect. I will be on tonight. Send Pm's

- Restless Dreams.
Message 17 of 63 (44 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2284 posts

May 10, 2012

I have a wild idea for a kick-off to this venture:  I love making videos of decorated personal spaces.  If you have looked at all the KearaKauai YouTube machinimas I have done so far, you know that I look for either beautiful or whimsical decor schemes.  I would like to choose ONE space and then film each member's version of how they decorated it.  The easiest to start with, of course, is the Harbour Studiio Apartment.  I would need to come to your space to film it.  Then I would edit, add captions to identify whose space it is, add the background music and post the link to it here.

If that sounds good to the new club, just let me know.  Start decorating as soon as Home opens up today and be ready for the first shoot tomorrow.  Oh, and be sure to send a club invite and Add Friend requests to keara22hi so you can invite me to your apartments.

Speaking of whimsical, here's what I did with the Neptune Suite (it became the 'lost Atlantis')

http://youtu.be/gs1cwhJDcyg

Message 18 of 63 (44 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1729 posts

May 10, 2012

K, I'm sure many have their spaces ready to go. As this is still rather new, and club has yet to establish, not many have come together. But all is here within this small group already. Keep in mind that club will be public and notices will be posted in activity Board along with those in group who will tour each others spaces. As i see it group tours seem to be the most fun. But as the group establishes those with suggestions as to how group And club should function will be taken into consideration sonall aspects of public and group of experts Will come together. This is not for competition but to show off and showcase what u got and ur styles. I'm ready to go and as soon as home opens up I will send out requests and get club ready for get togethers between those experts who wish to join. Send me a Pm if u like.

- Restless Dreams.
Message 19 of 63 (44 Views)
0 Likes