Treasure Hunter
4495 posts

Re: Thanksgiving Event Rewards (Spoilers?)

Nov 14, 2012

SpicyEyes5 wrote:

TSUNADE1224 wrote:

Really like the deco and the rewards will go nicely in one of my spaces, Nice JobSmiley Happy.  Although the witch game IMO would have been more suited for the Halloween event instead of the devil dance or the lightening limbo, idk I keep thinking Halloween when I hear the witch laugh.

yeah im beginning to think that they were supposed to release the witches race during halloween and missed the boat so they went ahead and released it with thanksgivng . the space does look awesome tho.but the stocks next to the thanksgiving table are a bit disconcerting.

Except its a Witch Hunt (the witches are not racing to get into the fire after all - and that pitch fork that Colonial is waving isn't meant for throwing hay) and clearly it is decorated in a Colonial manor ala Thanksgiving.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 51 of 92 (485 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4495 posts

Nov 14, 2012

Maxx_the_Slash wrote:

The witch's race is impossible to win...

If it were impossible, how is it that others have gotten the reward?   And before you suggest they did it by playing with a friend in multi-player, I tried that trick, and it still adds AI unless you havgame people in the game, all willing to take turns winning... Unlikely.

However, I also found taking your time to carefully aim backfires as the AI will launch their balls at a very fast rate, so unless you can hit 100 and the bulls eye consistently, taking your time to aim won't likely result in a win.

A friend said she won by simply button mashing the launch button saying that what she lacked in accuracy she made up for in the number of balls launched. I tired that a few times and never won any race.

Finally, I tried a different tactic, each shot I would VERY quickly adjust the aiming arrow to be close to straight up, and set the power to less than half. This allowed me to launch more times and hit enough high value targets to win the race very consistently.

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 52 of 92 (476 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5381 posts

Nov 14, 2012

I'll shutt up now. I got  all the rewards. They both MUST of registered at the sametime. Wardrobe and furniture all at the sametime.  I hope there is more to this. The rewards are okay, you can work with them.  I guess the turkey outfit like two years ago still remains tops!

Skee ball game should've just been called Skee ball. Halloween has come and gone. Beautiful job decorating the place.   That's what New England does look like in the fall, And, most people from N.A. Don't experience that feel .The orange feel to is awesome.

ALL the leafs are gone in New England winter fastly approaching RL

Message 53 of 92 (476 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4501 posts

Nov 14, 2012

Grand_Moff wrote:

I don't get it. The cornucopia hangs on the wall? Are there nails or something on the backside of each and every loose red berry to keep them all held up? It should have been a deco item, like the rest.

Nice, huh? Smiley Very Happy

YB

Message 54 of 92 (472 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4495 posts

Nov 14, 2012

smokingpistol wrote:
Ok so far it seems to be:

~ Enter space (or go to dancefloor area) receive:

~ Gathering ingredients & filling the table with dishes DOESNT reward anything (Yet, that is), but DOES contribute to the community amount of dishes made.

You don't have to go any where to get those rewards.  It's just that sometimes the rewards don't pop up right away.  I've tried this on alt accounts and they all got the rewards by simply entering the space, but some took longer to pop up than others.

So far, the only rewards you have to "earn" are the hats, which you get for playing the Witch Hunt game and for winning the game in either single or multi-player mode.

I still suspect that we are missing a Green Bean Cassorole rewards item, and like the Halloween event, more rewards maybe coming in the future considering how early they started this Thanksgiving Day event... 

What would help is if we had Home Managers who would take a moment out of their otherwise busy day to communicate with their customers and let them know what to expect, so as to attempt  to avoid confusion and anger amongst their customers over not knowing what exactly is going on.  Specualtion can be fun, but it can also be annoying.

"Like it never happened"

Message 55 of 92 (456 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
269 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 14, 2012

D-Nitrate wrote:

Finally, I tried a different tactic, each shot I would VERY quickly adjust the aiming arrow to be close to straight up, and set the power to less than half. This allowed me to launch more times and hit enough high value targets to win the race very consistently.

I used a similar method to D-Nitrate as far as launching the balls quickly, but didn't actually "aim" the arrow at all with R stick, but "pushed" it into the wall after each ball and I was able to adjust (aim) it using only the L stick using the wall... (When the arrow meets the wall it straightens out.)

...I was able to win repeatedly...

Message 56 of 92 (447 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
269 posts

Nov 14, 2012

Grand_Moff wrote:

I don't get it. The cornucopia hangs on the wall? Are there nails or something on the backside of each and every loose red berry to keep them all held up? It should have been a deco item, like the rest.

Every cornucopia I remember seeing either opens to the left or right or...up. I don't recall seeing one that opens down... I hung mine in my Harbor Studio and rotated it to open up... seemed more natural to me. (Like with other rotatable hanging items in HOME, there is haptic feedback when it is in the right position...)

Message 57 of 92 (430 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
9504 posts

Nov 14, 2012
'haptic' eh? I know you mean that rumble you feel, but I've never heard that word before. Nice! ^_^
Support Forums
Message 58 of 92 (422 Views)
Gaming Beast
1947 posts

Nov 14, 2012

Easy way to win the Witch Race that I used incase anyone needs a tip...

Move the arrow to the left or right edge(I used right, maybe it matters, who knows/cares?), and each shot aim it straight up and shoot as close to max-power as you can each shot. This tends to snap the ball into the corner 150 holes, and is easy to spam since there's no precision-aiming required.

Realised the ease of getting the ball into the 150 by chance, then tried spamming it to win, and I did fairly easily. Hope this helps those having difficulty.

I don't budlist-add on forums, and blank PSN requests get ignored!
Missing Rewards -over a year old, still never fixed! 3-4 months worth of items still MIA.
Message 59 of 92 (298 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
10662 posts

Nov 14, 2012

Thanks Crazy, that method seemed to work for me the best. I'll say, the difficulty of the AI are set ridiculously high Smiley Frustrated

New PSN ID for PS4: Redd-Axel

Come check out my Twitch TV channel, will be streaming various PS4 games from time to time http://www.twitch.tv/reddaxel
Message 60 of 92 (276 Views)