Jul 24 2012
By: julie_love Fender Bender 2040 posts

Thanks to the Retiring HCVs!

44 replies 795 views Edited Jul 24, 2012

Several HCVs have retired from the program recently and I've created this thread to thank them for their service. In some cases they've been assisting Home users for many years.

Norsegamer was kind enough to create a thank you thread for his friend Jersquall here.

There are other HCVs that have recently retired and I think that some of them deserve our thanks as a community. While I don't know all of the recently retired HCVs I especially wanted to thank KarateChampChad for all of the assistance he has provided the community over the years. He has been active both here in the PS Forums and on ypshome.net providing tips and advice mainly related to gaming since I joined Home.

Thanks for all your great work Chad, and I hope we'll continue to see your friendly and helpful advice here in the forums for a long time to come.

If there are other of the retiring HCVs you'd like to thank for their service please add a note below.

Message 1 of 45 (795 Views)
Survivor
2338 posts

Re: Thanks to the Retiring HCVs!

Jul 24, 2012

Yes, there should have been a thread like this, not just about one person. They all worked together and no one was better than any other person. Y'all did a good job.

Photobucket
Message 2 of 45 (780 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
10662 posts

Jul 24, 2012

Wait who's that guy you mention in your post? :smileytongue:

Thanks Julie, I believe we all deserve a round of applause. Thanks again :smileywink:

New PSN ID for PS4: Redd-Axel

Come check out my Twitch TV channel, will be streaming various PS4 games from time to time http://www.twitch.tv/reddaxel
Message 3 of 45 (758 Views)
Fender Bender
1148 posts

Jul 24, 2012

I don't know you, but anyone who gives up their personal time to help others, is a winner. So, Thanks, Chad :smileyhappy:

photo Xmas3_1copy_1.jpg
Message 4 of 45 (743 Views)
Fender Bender
2291 posts

Jul 24, 2012

Thank you, HCVs, past, present, and future!

Message 5 of 45 (719 Views)
Fender Bender
2040 posts

Jul 24, 2012

KarateChampChad wrote:

Thanks Julie, I believe we all deserve a round of applause. Thanks again :smileywink:

LOL Chad, just don't disappear on us, you've helped me beat a lot of games on here and I really wanted to thank you for that.

Message 6 of 45 (711 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
10662 posts

Jul 24, 2012

julie_love wrote:

KarateChampChad wrote:

LOL Chad, just don't disappear on us, you've helped me beat a lot of games on here and I really wanted to thank you for that.

I'll still be around, its hard to leave when you've been here a while. :smileywink:

New PSN ID for PS4: Redd-Axel

Come check out my Twitch TV channel, will be streaming various PS4 games from time to time http://www.twitch.tv/reddaxel
Message 7 of 45 (703 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1187 posts

Jul 24, 2012

What a lovely thread. :smileyhappy:

A recently-retired HCV whom I'd like to tip my hat to is Conrad Max. Two primary reasons come to mind:

1. Man, he took that commitment seriously. I've interacted with him a few times -- during open-house tours, in public spaces, etc. -- and he was absolutely focused on making sure every single person he interacted with was assisted. No ego, no look-at-me speciousness, no posturing. Just a laser focus on volunteer service. If Sony asked me to conduct an open-house tour and answer the same inane questions all day, I would snap and start saying things that would take a Navajo translator fluent in Yiddish to decipher. But Conrad just did his job. Over and over and over again. 

2. The guy takes a hell of a lot of heat on this forum, including from people whom I'm surprised are still allowed to post here, and he doesn't let it get to him. Granted, it's not like there's much overt empathy in his posts, but in pragmatic terms, he tends to be right a heck of a lot more often than not. And when things teeter on descending into a flamewar, he takes the high road and walks away -- thus proving himself the bigger man. It's a level of zen patience which is extremely admirable.

Are there other retired HCVs who have provided admirable service? Absolutely. And they should be acknowledged for it. I'll be exceptionally curious to see who is spotlit by whom. There are many, many stories in Home, and the HCVs past and present have intersected with a lot of those stories, helping to make Home a better place under the auspices of SCEA.

Cheers, Conrad. You earned it.

NorseGamer

Editor-in-Chief, HSM

www.hsmagazine.net

Message 8 of 45 (677 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
9679 posts

Jul 24, 2012

NorseGamer wrote:

What a lovely thread. :smileyhappy:

A recently-retired HCV whom I'd like to tip my hat to is Conrad Max. Two primary reasons come to mind:

1. Man, he took that commitment seriously. I've interacted with him a few times -- during open-house tours, in public spaces, etc. -- and he was absolutely focused on making sure every single person he interacted with was assisted. No ego, no look-at-me speciousness, no posturing. Just a laser focus on volunteer service. If Sony asked me to conduct an open-house tour and answer the same inane questions all day, I would snap and start saying things that would take a Navajo translator fluent in Yiddish to decipher. But Conrad just did his job. Over and over and over again. 

2. The guy takes a hell of a lot of heat on this forum, including from people whom I'm surprised are still allowed to post here, and he doesn't let it get to him. Granted, it's not like there's much overt empathy in his posts, but in pragmatic terms, he tends to be right a heck of a lot more often than not. And when things teeter on descending into a flamewar, he takes the high road and walks away -- thus proving himself the bigger man. It's a level of zen patience which is extremely admirable.

Are there other retired HCVs who have provided admirable service? Absolutely. And they should be acknowledged for it. I'll be exceptionally curious to see who is spotlit by whom. There are many, many stories in Home, and the HCVs past and present have intersected with a lot of those stories, helping to make Home a better place under the auspices of SCEA.

Cheers, Conrad. You earned it.

NorseGamer

Editor-in-Chief, HSM

www.hsmagazine.net

When a flame war starts, that is the best thing you can do. Just shows who is the most mature on the forum. Good job Conrad and other retired HCVs!

Message 9 of 45 (662 Views)
Fender Bender
1148 posts

Jul 24, 2012

I've known Conrad for awhile, and I like him as a person. I don't believe I have ever seen Conrad take sides; he simply tries to help.

So, 3 Cheers for Conrad.

Perhaps today, I have learned something from reading about Jersquall and Conrad.

We all owe all the HCV's, past and present, our Thanks ... For a lot of us, these people make our time on Home more pleasant.

So ... " Thank You "

photo Xmas3_1copy_1.jpg
Message 10 of 45 (657 Views)