Jan 22 2013
By: AbysmalDawna Fender Bender 2003 posts

Thanks for Moving BLOG to Wednesday thread

36 replies 845 views Edited Jan 22, 2013

I would like to thank the powers that be for moving the blog to wednesday , same day as updates.  This way everything comes as a surprise and we do not know in advance what is happening.  Ancient chinese philosopher once say: "ignorance is bliss" and in this case truer words were never spoken.  Too often in the computer age we are bombarded with too much information all the time and this way we keep everything on one day.  And if this was GlassWalls idea how about a little pat on the back to him after all the abuse he incurred last week.  All of you have made me realize we all cant be perfect but lets try and stay upbeat and embrace change even if it could be change for the worse for life is a gamble but how can you win if you dont take a chance.

Message 1 of 37 (845 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
10662 posts

Re: Thanks for Moving BLOG to Wednesday thread

[ Edited ]
Jan 22, 2013

"Knock it off"

-The Community

New PSN ID for PS4: Redd-Axel

Come check out my Twitch TV channel, will be streaming various PS4 games from time to time http://www.twitch.tv/reddaxel
Message 2 of 37 (813 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
8001 posts

Jan 22, 2013

AbysmalDawna wrote:

I would like to thank the powers that be for moving the blog to wednesday , same day as updates.  This way everything comes as a surprise and we do not know in advance what is happening.  Ancient chinese philosopher once say: "ignorance is bliss" and in this case truer words were never spoken.  Too often in the computer age we are bombarded with too much information all the time and this way we keep everything on one day.  And if this was GlassWalls idea how about a little pat on the back to him after all the abuse he incurred last week.  All of you have made me realize we all cant be perfect but lets try and stay upbeat and embrace change even if it could be change for the worse for life is a gamble but how can you win if you dont take a chance.

You must be quite blissful.

Message 3 of 37 (785 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
359 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 22, 2013

Knock it off!!!

Id say I expect better from some, but id be lying.  bobble head by any other name away. the blog moving to WEd, after home is usually up, makes it even more irrelavent. their communication is so lacking is the main reason. part of that is being part of a world wide thing, and doing it from Pacific time zone, either takes a little extra effort, or chasing info late constantly because 20 other timezones arent likely to wait for them.  Broken record say often, nothing official until its in The NA blog.  The great and powerful blog has spoken. pay no attention to the puppet on strings behind the curtain.

Message 4 of 37 (784 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3916 posts

Jan 22, 2013
Any more butt kissing and you're gonna get lost up there.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 5 of 37 (610 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Survivor
1924 posts

Jan 22, 2013

I really prefered having the announcement on Tuesdays. Tuesday was a day for enjoying what's coming. 

Wednesday is the day when things usually go wrong in Home.  Combining everything on one day means what's wrong that day often overshadows the good.

Message 6 of 37 (609 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5016 posts

Jan 22, 2013

Yeah i too like to thank them for Updating the Blog on Wed's...  This way we know Nothing... And we BUY Nothing!  Save's us some Big $$$

Thanks for that...

Smiley Wink

SHAME on SONY for making us HOMEless by Closing our PS HOME!
Message 7 of 37 (560 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
735 posts

Jan 22, 2013

Totally agree with F1REFLY.

Monday or Tuesday is the day I'd get pumped for the preview.

Sometimes I think they do this now so that they can take things out without us knowing. Take for example in December, the leggings I wanted were posted three times. Each time they were not added to the update the next day, until the third time when finally they were added. I had to wait three weeks when other regions added them earlier, when they said they would! It was hard to even believe the blog update for awhile, and now this this can be done without our knowledge. Disappointing.

Message 8 of 37 (543 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
467 posts

Jan 22, 2013

You know what, everyone is entitle to their own opion, except if you are talking to a certain developer with broken spaces, but this has to be the first time I have heard someone thank this move. But, I have a feeling that you don't have a club that you are in. Alot of clubs have their meetings on Tuesday to be able to help others with what is coming out. Now, that has gone out the door. I mean look at it this way, since the move, I have had to pretty much google search the info, cause it is still put out before the update, but it was just alot easier to find it on the Blog. So the move is not keeping things a surprise, it is just making it rough for us club owners and many users who loved to view this info before it came out. If you wanted it to be a surprise, just don't look. This move does not get a pat on the back, sorry.

Message 9 of 37 (465 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3241 posts

Jan 22, 2013

AbysmalDawna wrote:

# 1 This aint China

# 2 The passage comes from “On a Distant Prospect of Eton College,” by the eighteenth-century English poet Thomas Gray: “Where ignorance is bliss, / ‘Tis folly to be wise.’”

# 3 Here's a handy wipe...you seem to have a brown smudge on your nose.

# 4 IMG_6145DISLIKE__70154_zoom.png

Message 10 of 37 (438 Views)