Reply
Highlighted
Apr 09 2013
By: CyberRoseZ Splicer 67 posts
Offline

Thank You, Digital Leisure!

13 replies 370 views Edited Apr 9, 2013

Below is a response from Digital Leisure tech support along with my EMail to them regarding the Blackjack tables.  Not only did I get an immediate response, but also, Digital Lesiure is going to work on my request! (Sony needs to follow Digital Leisure's excellent customer service example.):

 

Digital Lesiure Response:

Hello again,

 

Thanks for the input. Yes, we can certainly put that request in to reveal the cards regardless.

 

Best, Chris

 

My EMail Request:

I have been playing in your PS Home casino since Day 1. I have a Season 1 leaderboard jacket for being in the top 10 on the main, blackjack, and roulette leaderboards, and I spent a substantial amount of money to win it.

 

I like to play blackjack. But there is something very wrong about the way your blackjack is played. You do not turn over the dealer’s cards when the hand is finished. You must turn over the dealer’s cards when the hand is over so the player can see the cards, even if the player loses. The player has a right to see the dealer’s cards. How else can a player know that he’s not being cheated? No casino would get away with not showing the dealer’s cards.

 

Even though I spent countless hours playing blackjack during Season 1, this always bothered me. I mentioned it when a digital leisure developer visited the VIP room, but he was focusing on the VIP poker table glitches at the time. The VIP room was crowded, and so he probably didn’t remember my questioning why we don’t get to see the dealer’s cards at the end of a hand when we lose. Actually, I was quite surprised that this important part of blackjack was absent, since I assumed you would’ve used real, knowledgeable blackjack players to test your tables. A real blackjack player would’ve picked up this oversight during your tests.

 

I understand you aren’t subject to the same laws, restrictions, and payout percentages of a real casino. But you really should correct this on your blackjack tables. It’s an ethical issue. Please do this so everyone can see the dealer’s cards. If you don’t, there will always be a question mark concerning the fairness of your blackjack tables. Please fix this oversight. It’s the right thing to do.

 

Thank you,

CyberRoseZ

Message 1 of 14 (370 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 08/23/2010
Offline
4576 posts
 

Re: Thank You, Digital Leisure!

Apr 9, 2013

 

You got an immediate response from them because their still a small company right now, that is if they stay like it. Smaller companies like them tend to response and have better customer service since they aren't that big like SCE. Not as busy, etc'.

Message 2 of 14 (351 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 06/13/2000
Offline
67 posts
 

Re: Thank You, Digital Leisure!

Apr 9, 2013

Small companies can be just as busy as large companies since they have less employees.  Large companies may have a larger workload, but they have many departments and employees to handle the work.  Being a large company is a poor excuse for bad cutomer service.

Message 3 of 14 (329 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 03/18/2012
Online
3105 posts
 

Re: Thank You, Digital Leisure!

Apr 9, 2013

CyberRoseZ wrote:

Below is a response from Digital Leisure tech support along with my EMail to them regarding the Blackjack tables.  Not only did I get an immediate response, but also, Digital Lesiure is going to work on my request! (Sony needs to follow Digital Leisure's excellent customer service example.):

 

Digital Lesiure Response:

Hello again,

 

Thanks for the input. Yes, we can certainly put that request in to reveal the cards regardless.

 

Best, Chris

 



That's one of the most positive spins I've ever seen put on a very neutral reply. ALL suggestions receive the same neutral response from developer reps.

The above comment is my opinion, unless I state a fact. You can disagree with my opinion, but facts are facts.
Message 4 of 14 (328 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 03/12/2007
Offline
4521 posts
 

Re: Thank You, Digital Leisure!

[ Edited ]
Apr 9, 2013

Thanks for sharing your experience.

 

I have had terrific experiences with the folks at Digital Leisure.  In one of my cases I had problems with my Aquarium and they kept in constant contact and resolved the issue in just a few days.

 

They also were one of the first developers to go back and update their older active items to minimize their slot allocation, even though their active items were free and nearly two years old.  They changed them from 22 slots to just 1 slot each!  They also said it took very little time and effort to do it, and would have done it sooner had Sony told them it was possible.

 

Home Developers, Please Update Past Active Items

 

I wish Sony would do the same, as they have dozens of active items that clearly do not require any where near 22 slots, and would help ease the pain of only having 100 slots per space... And would certainly encourage new users and even long time users who chose not to buy them before due to the excessive slot allocation.  

 

Even those that already own them, but lowering their slot allocation it would free up more space for those that have been using them and thus encourage more sales to fill the extra space.  Also, it would make it easier for people to use those items, thus visiting friends might see these items and get inspired to buy it themselves.

 

Maybe some day Sony will have the same kind of customer relations and support that many of the 3rd party developers have been offering.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...


"Like it never happened"


- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 5 of 14 (316 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 06/13/2000
Offline
67 posts
 

Re: Thank You, Digital Leisure!

Apr 9, 2013

I disagree about it being a "neutra" reply.  The reply was specific to my request since it mentioned changing the method of play.  I guess you didn't read it all.  Or maybe you're just negative about Digital Leisure.  Anyway, it's more than any response I ever got from Sony... which is none at all.  lol

Message 6 of 14 (315 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 03/18/2012
Online
3105 posts
 

Re: Thank You, Digital Leisure!

Apr 9, 2013

CyberRoseZ wrote:

I disagree about it being a "neutra" reply.  The reply was specific to my request since it mentioned changing the method of play.  I guess you didn't read it all.  Or maybe you're just negative about Digital Leisure.  Anyway, it's more than any response I ever got from Sony... which is none at all.  lol


I read everything before I respond. I have good reading comprehension, too. You're assuming too much by what he said. All reps say they will "put the suggestion in". That doesn't mean anyone is working on it.

 

I also didn't say anything positive about Sony's customer service.

The above comment is my opinion, unless I state a fact. You can disagree with my opinion, but facts are facts.
Message 7 of 14 (282 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 11/03/2012
Offline
104 posts
 

Re: Thank You, Digital Leisure!

[ Edited ]
Apr 9, 2013

I agree, their customer service is great. I'll throw in my own positive experience with Digital Leisure's tech support.

 

Last saturday, I was randomly booted off a poker table and lost the 10K buy in chips. I sent them an e-mail on Monday that included a brief explaination of what happened, the date, estimated time and my user name. Two hours later, I got a reply from "Chris" stating that my account had been credited. Sure enough, I checked my account when I got home and my chips were back. I was pretty impress on how quickly they took care of my problem.

 

 

 

Message 8 of 14 (192 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 02/14/2010
Offline
1207 posts
 

Re: Thank You, Digital Leisure!

Apr 9, 2013

D-Nitrate wrote:

Thanks for sharing your experience.

 

I have had terrific experiences with the folks at Digital Leisure.  In one of my cases I had problems with my Aquarium and they kept in constant contact and resolved the issue in just a few days.

 

They also were one of the first developers to go back and update their older active items to minimize their slot allocation, even though their active items were free and nearly two years old.  They changed them from 22 slots to just 1 slot each!  They also said it took very little time and effort to do it, and would have done it sooner had Sony told them it was possible.

 

Home Developers, Please Update Past Active Items

 

I wish Sony would do the same, as they have dozens of active items that clearly do not require any where near 22 slots, and would help ease the pain of only having 100 slots per space... And would certainly encourage new users and even long time users who chose not to buy them before due to the excessive slot allocation.  

 

Even those that already own them, but lowering their slot allocation it would free up more space for those that have been using them and thus encourage more sales to fill the extra space.  Also, it would make it easier for people to use those items, thus visiting friends might see these items and get inspired to buy it themselves.

 

Maybe some day Sony will have the same kind of customer relations and support that many of the 3rd party developers have been offering.


I wouldn't hold my breath.

 

As far as reallocating the slots used on old active items, sadly it'll never happen as from what a certain higher up said "it's not worth it". Very disheartening.

Message 9 of 14 (180 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 01/11/2012
Offline
864 posts
 

Re: Thank You, Digital Leisure!

Apr 9, 2013

Hey guys,

 

I just want to pop in here and say that the fix has been made, and it's heading to QA Smiley Happy.

Follow us: http://twitter.com/digitalleisure ------- Like us: https://www.facebook.com/DigitalLeisure
Message 10 of 14 (156 Views)