Uncharted Territory
1405 posts

Re: Tempest_Fire 13+ Discussion

[ Edited ]
Aug 9, 2013

Shadow-Runner wrote:

Kodidobbs

"Surely no one who's actually used Home and seen the kind of content that is available *cough* Mass Meida *cough* would think that these swimsuits are something new or somehow pushing boundries."

And as you can see...Mass Media is no longer around or making anymore product. Most likely because they werent making enough money to stay above water, with Home. Case and point - If we dont like your product, we wont buy it. If you dont sell enough of it, you should take that as a sign and learn from it. NDreams may sell a few dozen of those V Swimsuits...but I can almost guarantee they wont sell enough of them to gain any profit, or let alone garner any popularity and public demand for a repeat of this disaster. 

Home devs are no different from video game developers. We can make them or break them. We have that power. If you dont listen to us when we speak...you will pay for it in SOME way.

Really??

OMG do i have to quote how many people said that about the Home Mansion and it became the most popular HIGHEST selling item for ALONG - LONG time. 

All these questionable threads are doing is making people WANT to buy the swimsuit and see what the big deal is about. 

If anything certain people are HELPING and I mean HELPING this product become famous and sell... Congratulations!!!

I mean I bought 2 swimsuits because this thread made me wonder what the fuss was about and I plan to buy the rest.  Skipping the bundle rate so they will make more money.

So thumbs up keep up the good work!!

FYI trying to use Mass Media to justify a stance.. take a few minutes to research Mass Media and they have and still produce content they just moved away from Home.. maybe because of people insulting their products... who knows.

Information source::

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass_Media_Inc.

Most recent game 2013

Jak and Daxter Collection (Trilogy in EU)June 18, 2013

PlayStation Vita

From a decision by Sony to move away from Community to focus on Competition...

To a forum that was on its way to repairing itself in a focus on Community.. now having trolls protected if they help generate site hits..

To the world of HOME being kept in the dark when so many developers have left already...

A concept focused on profits and Competition have another name in the world of Pro-Community- RIP!

May the trolls, drama makers and competitive personas find joy in Sony - I'll do like soo many others and just move on.

Kitty Pyra - Career and Online life ended officially 2014
Message 31 of 219 (257 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2039 posts

Aug 9, 2013
Fly_Mixed_Papi And Crazy-88

I think the both of you are missing the bigger point: Home as it is, is not a place for children to share with adults...given it's increasingly graphic and adult transition away from being family friendly.

It's not as much about parents regulating their children (Im not saying thats not important) as it is about Home management and Sony making a clear and precise decision on whether they want Home to be family friendly or adult friendly and marketing their products accordingly and appropriately.

We all know a Bar is no place for children and I would never let my children attempt to enter a bar...but I would feel much safer knowing the owner and bartender will strictly enforce an imposed age restriction, keeping my children out.

Same applies here, as far as Im concerned.
I'm A Shadow. One That No Light Will Shine On. As Long As You Follow Me....You Will Never See The Day.
Message 32 of 219 (248 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
5457 posts

Aug 9, 2013

*Yawn*

This topic is really starting to bore me. You guys need to lighten up, seriously. Things like this have been on Home for a long time. This to me seems like one person trying to act like they're on a much higher level of morale.

Am I wrong?

gogo.png

Also, why is it that it seems the 'mankini' is the topic of discussion here?  Don't forget these items are for female aswell, but you don't see people complaining when Granzella are selling bikini's with breast enlargements every week now do we?

For example:

fb897fd33d8002b6b2159cbd3d2bd766.png

f1838cae6181ff138e0c7f643d3cb82d.png

My point here I guess is, we all know that these V swimsuits were for a bit of a joke, Granzella and everyone else is doing this with a more serious attitude. So it's ok to sell sex aslong as we are professional about it?

Get a grip and take it for what it is. If you don't like them, then don't wear them! Simple as that.

Also, don't take everything you guys get for granted, EU aren't even getting them.

x__Vee__x's Streambadge

Message 33 of 219 (245 Views)
Survivor
2039 posts

Aug 9, 2013

Kitty_Pyra

Obviously, I was referring to Mass Media's existence (or lack thereof) in Home. Kudo's to them if they are still in business elsewhere, but I was not talking about their business in general, just their business on Home. 

And I highly doubt a heavily focused discussion or debate on the V Swimsuits are gonna cause them to sell like crack in the hood. LOL

You may be overexaggerating, just a tad. 

I'm A Shadow. One That No Light Will Shine On. As Long As You Follow Me....You Will Never See The Day.
Message 34 of 219 (236 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
9504 posts

Aug 9, 2013
The only thing I will say about all this is that we are all born naked. It is natural to be naked. I wont be buying any of these, but to each their own. There definitely HAS been more gratuitous. Not by much mind you, but there has been. Check out the female amazon outfit. :Q
Support Forums
Message 35 of 219 (221 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

Aug 9, 2013

Legendary_Vicki wrote:

*Yawn*

This topic is really starting to bore me. You guys need to lighten up, seriously. Things like this have been on Home for a long time. This to me seems like one person trying to act like they're on a much higher level of morale.

Am I wrong?

gogo.png

Also, why is it that it seems the 'mankini' is the topic of discussion here?  Don't forget these items are for female aswell, but you don't see people complaining when Granzella are selling bikini's with breast enlargements every week now do we?

For example:

fb897fd33d8002b6b2159cbd3d2bd766.png

f1838cae6181ff138e0c7f643d3cb82d.png

My point here I guess is, we all know that these V swimsuits were for a bit of a joke, Granzella and everyone else is doing this with a more serious attitude. So it's ok to sell sex aslong as we are professional about it?

Get a grip and take it for what it is. If you don't like them, then don't wear them! Simple as that.

Also, don't take everything you guys get for granted, EU aren't even getting them.

I saw someone mention the pixelated costume yesterday, no names to be mentioned.

But basically, they were trying to throw in how the pixelated bottoms and such were offensive as well.

However, let's talk about the wonderful world of The Sims. Now, to anyone who hasn't played it. Basically, it's somewhat like home..except you can get a job, have a family, do normal day life things/etc. Well, on there when a person control of a characters wants to do something like take a shower, or use the bathroom, a pixelated area appears over the private parts.

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't The Sims like one of the most kid friendly games out there, and you never see parents complaining about that. But here we have people complaining about a swimsuit, which by the way does cover up the parts of an avatar that don't need mention. Sure, it leaves little to immagination..but at least they're covered right?

I really don't understand the hype in all of this. 

It just seems like people trying to ruin something for others, not going to sugarcoat it.

Message 36 of 219 (214 Views)
Survivor
2039 posts

Aug 9, 2013

Legendary_Vicki

Good for EU. At least they dont have to stare at the same eyesores we do, this week. And it's not as simple as "dont like em, dont buy em"...those of us who dont like em and dont buy em...dont wanna SEE them, either. And no, were not gonna stay off of Home so a few dozen idiots can run around flaunting their junk in our faces, in a scantly clad swimsuit. 

Again, this isnt just about adults concerned for other adults and their questionable behavior or intentions. This is largely about the fact that there are underage children on here, who are being marketed and targeted with adult themed material...as if they were adults. 

Message 37 of 219 (210 Views)
Splicer
30 posts

Aug 9, 2013

I think I understand your point, Shadow-Runner.

Pshome becoming 18+ only should solve several issues like "should kids get on home", "should these kinds of items be allowed", etc. I started pshome late. I joined in late 2011. And I must say, that I never once saw home as "family-friendly", and it's not just because of the adult-oriented items or spaces.

Just the fact that pshome is an online social game makes it not "family-friendly". Even if you took out all the "offensive" things on home, kids would still be at risk for being exposed to things they shouldn't be. I think you're right. Pshome should take away the "familiy-friendly" tag and openly say "yes, we are an adult-oriented social game". Then parents can prevent their kids from playing it.

And parents, if you've already used home yourself you should know that home is not suitable for kids at all (regardless of items, most users are adults). Sign them up for Club Penguin or Disney Kids or whatever that is much more suitable for children.

Message 38 of 219 (206 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

Aug 9, 2013

Shadow-Runner wrote:

Legendary_Vicki

Again, this isnt just about adults concerned for other adults and their questionable behavior or intentions. This is largely about the fact that there are underage children on here, who are being marketed and targeted with adult themed material...as if they were adults. 

I have an opinion on this.

Why worry about other peoples children, why not leave that up to their parents? I see all this throwing around.."Oh underage children on ps home exposed to this" "It's bad for them..blah blah blah." Stop and think for a second, please..you're not their parents, and from some of these posts, it would sure seem like you guys are speaking for the children.

Relax, and let it all just be.

If a kid shouldn't be exposed to what they're seeing, leave that up to the parents.

Message 39 of 219 (201 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
5457 posts

Aug 9, 2013

xMINDBlIlURx wrote:

Shadow-Runner wrote:

Legendary_Vicki

I have an opinion on this.

Why worry about other peoples children, why not leave that up to their parents? I see all this throwing around.."Oh underage children on ps home exposed to this" "It's bad for them..blah blah blah." Stop and think for a second, please..you're not their parents, and from some of these posts, it would sure seem like you guys are speaking for the children.

Relax, and let it all just be.

If a kid shouldn't be exposed to what they're seeing, leave that up to the parents.

Precisely.

x__Vee__x's Streambadge

Message 40 of 219 (196 Views)
0 Likes