Survivor
2374 posts

Re: Tempest_Fire 13+ Discussion

Aug 10, 2013
I don't really see the problem at the moment. Such content is often in games rated T or PG-13 rated films, it's normal now. Swimwear is not in itself suggestive of sexual acts or content. As long as it doesn't escalate to full nudity or actual suggestive sexual content, I think it's okay.

If anything if Sony is to continue claiming Home is family friendly, then they should increase moderation. That's pretty much the only issue I have.
Message 191 of 219 (204 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1405 posts

Aug 10, 2013

duchessban1 wrote:

I have waited a while to respond again, but here it goes. We are not against the clothes as many of us have said. What we are against is the fact that SONY has stated Home is family friendly. That it is OK for 13 and up to enjoy the comforts of Home. I think not, the POINT is with the things they have on Home it is not suitable for kids plain and simple.

Like I posted previously I have a granddaughter who will be 13 next year and  there is no way I and I know her mom would never allow her on Home. Not what it has become lately!! 

The problem is parents see the 13+ so they figure well if Sony put that as their starting age it must be OK. Then imagine you as the parent walk into the room your child is playing on Home seeing the movements and clothing their child is subjected to. Then they say to their child what in the heck game are you playing. The child says this is Home that you said was OK to go to.

Imagine the parent then thinking well Sony placed a 13 and over age  on this and they said it is family friendly.  To think I allowed my child to play what I would never buy them in the first place. Yes there are some parents who don't care, but I believe the majority of parents have morals and wouldn't have allowed their child on Home in the first place had they known.

You all can say what you will and try to justify your thinking and say it is up to the parents. Well I think it is also up to Sony to either clean up Home or to up the age to 18 where parents will see it isn't age appropriate for their child plain and simple.

Sometimes I wonder if the people who are Sony and work for Sony have children.  And if they do WOULD THEY ALLOW THEIR YOUNG TEENS TO BE ON HOME!! Just food for thought, and if they do allow their kids to play on Home then I guess I would question their morals as well.

I'm not sure what world people are living in or on that increasing the flag to 18 is going to 'save the children' innocence which seems to be what is being discussed.  It's very pre 1980's to think about keeping "Young Teens off Home" and would maybe fit in with those same people who want to try and rollback cultural evolution.

I mean I love watching about the 80's but really like people say "They are gone and pass". 

As I showed the swimsuits are actually based on actual clothing designs in the real world along with the 'the movements and clothing" which can be traced to actual dance moves and fashion found from store level to movies people like.

While people want to claim as its being repeated "for the children" what I have waited to be mentioned and creatively its been ignored is the fact that "Parents are responsible to raise their children to be adults".  It will not matter how many people try to spin it away it will always fall onto the parents. You will find in online searchs both religious and political the mass support is parents need to do their jobs more and change with the culture.

I have to question the morals of those who 'pass the buck' by questioning the parenting of others it shows a definite void in parental training.

The fact is parents either raise their children to know right from wrong or they choose to let them decide without any influence by their part.  In the end the parents actions with their CHILD DICTATE EVERYTHING...

Back in Sacramento I heard screaming outside and when I looked out the window.  Watching outside I get to see a 10-12yr old girl beating down this boy younger than her demanding his food.  And this was in an apartment complex! It was scary but amazing to see that this is how parents are raising their children!

It's cute to say this an that of the morals of parents who let their 'children' on Home... cute but very impractical nowdays.

Reality is well... reality!  Children arent these cute sugar an spice people who are ignorant of reality... not as much as the supposed parents appear to be.

From a decision by Sony to move away from Community to focus on Competition...

To a forum that was on its way to repairing itself in a focus on Community.. now having trolls protected if they help generate site hits..

To the world of HOME being kept in the dark when so many developers have left already...

A concept focused on profits and Competition have another name in the world of Pro-Community- RIP!

May the trolls, drama makers and competitive personas find joy in Sony - I'll do like soo many others and just move on.

Kitty Pyra - Career and Online life ended officially 2014
Message 192 of 219 (192 Views)
Fender Bender
2003 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 10, 2013

-The dining room is officially closed.original judy.gif

Message 193 of 219 (159 Views)
Wastelander
539 posts

Aug 10, 2013

its come to my attention that shadow plays gow 123 . in gow 1 , about 20 mins in there is a sex scene . how could you have finished the game let alone play parts 2 & 3 ? possible answers

(a)you are a liar

(b)you trying to impress someone 

(c)you are really soulycon

(d)all of the above ( c is also all of the above )

solution ? admit you made a mistake & quit trying to ruin things

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 194 of 219 (145 Views)
Survivor
2039 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 10, 2013

Kitty, 

Those of us who are "decent" parents completly agree with taking responsibility for their children and do indeed raise them to be adults. Parenting is a difficult subject to discuss, because there is no right answer. No one person has parenthood all figured out. What works for you and your kids may not work for me and mine, or everyone elses. It's such a diverse and complex thing with many, many grey areas. Some of us would let their 13 year old children watch chucky and freddy kreuger on a late weekend, and be just fine with it. Others would never let their children be exposed to such things until a few years later, or until they are mature enough to handle it. Again, some parents would never let their 13 year old children play games like Mortal Kombat or GTA, despite the ESRB ratings on the box. On the other hand, other parents wouldnt care in the slightest. So it's a very grey area youre touching on, here.

One of the points I am trying to get across to you, is that...even tho I know it is my responsibility as a parent to watch my children, teach them and regulate what they do or dont do...I would still appreciate it if entertainment industries, bars, clubs, adult shops and other venues would enforce age gated restrictions to HELP ME keep my underage children away from them. 

I would never let my underage child go into a bar, but I would sleep safer at night knowing the owner and bartender would prevent them from going in and buying drinks. 

I would never let my underage child smoke cigarettes, but I would feel much safer knowing the clerk behind the counter will (hopefully) ask for ID and refuse sell to a minor. 

I would never let my underage child purchase a game that is listed on the ESRB as being older than he is, MA17...but I would just feel better knowing the store associate would check for ID and refuse sell to an underage minor. 

Thats why these things have been put in place; to HELP and assist the parents of these children, so that our jobs as parents are not harder than they have to be. We should be able to rely on these systems and establishments to "do the right thing."

Likewise, I would expect software developers and Home developers to do the same. You wouldnt advertise and sell tobbacco, alcohol and sex toys to underage children. Not without risking your business being shut down or risking a lawsuit or an infraction of the law....so why would you market, advertise and sell adult themed virtual material to minor children on Home? Because the TOS says youre covered? Because they know you agreed to the TOS for your child and as such, place all responsibility on the parent?

Well, thats all fine and dandy...but I still believe thats it's a marketing strategy developers should not practice. Hiding behind TOS while they try to market adult themed content to children is....just wrong. 

Thats my opinion and personal belief. You have the right to yours and I have the right to mine. But if I think it's wrong, Im gonna speak up and say so, even if it clashes with yours. And in the end...we can all just agree to disagree. 

Kitty, you either understand...or you dont. Simple as that.  ^_-

I'm A Shadow. One That No Light Will Shine On. As Long As You Follow Me....You Will Never See The Day.
Message 195 of 219 (143 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2039 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 10, 2013

Edea, 

I fail to make the connection between your statement and your point.

I am a grown adult, in my 30's. Of course, I play GOW and other adult themed games. That has no bearing on what I let my CHILD play. Would I let my kid play GOW? NOPE. But thats my call, as his parent. And I feel comfortable knowing there is an ESRB rating on the box that prevents him from buying it without my authorization. I do my part...the industry does theirs. It's a team effort.

I am no liar. I am not trying to impress anyone...and I am most certaintly NOT Soulycon. LOL

I'm A Shadow. One That No Light Will Shine On. As Long As You Follow Me....You Will Never See The Day.
Message 196 of 219 (133 Views)
Wastelander
539 posts

Aug 10, 2013

AHA! you admitted that your son is not on home & you love gow & other adult games, whats your beef again ?

Message 197 of 219 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2039 posts

Aug 10, 2013
Edea,

I have stated what my beef is. Many times. Why do I have to keep repeating it to people who refuse to understand it?

I am not just concerned for MY kid, but ALL kids. My beef is with the developers for marketing and selling adult themed content and material to children as young as 13, regardless of what the TOS says.

I believe its a shady business practice, to prey on our young...just because a loophole in the TOS says they can.

I wont repeat this again.
Message 198 of 219 (116 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
539 posts

Aug 10, 2013

why are you blaming devs? it takes SONY to sanction that stuff. so if SONY says " Shadow , we making money . get lost " then what? sorry but you have 0 grounds to be raving about this when your son is not on here & you play gow . besides , home is a small fish in the INTERNET.

Message 199 of 219 (107 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2039 posts

Aug 10, 2013

Edea,

We all know Sony has nothing to do with Home anymore. They are about as distant from what goes on in Home, it's not even funny. Im sure youre right. Sony probably does sanction what developer content gets passed and what doesnt, but the original idea starts in the developers office. They have to develop the idea of creating something racey and controversial, creating something that displays the appearance of an avatar as being near naked...and this idea starts with the developers BEFORE it ever reaches Sony.

That is why I blame the devs. They should know better.

Message 200 of 219 (99 Views)
0 Likes