VP of Gaming
34135 posts

Re: Tempest_Fire 13+ Discussion

Aug 9, 2013

Shadow-Runner wrote:

the_original_se

"its just a silly virtual swimsuit. everyone just calm down."

TODAY it's a virtual (near naked. you forgot that part) swimsuit. Tomorrow it's nIppIe tassles and whips. 

Where is the line drawn, SE?  At what point do we say "enough is enough"?

Think about it....

dont all swimsuits make people near naked? the new sling bikini is nothing different than the speedos that are available.

again, its all virtual anyway.. kids can see the same thing and worse things by going to the beach in real life.

Message 11 of 219 (763 Views)
Fender Bender
1148 posts

Aug 9, 2013

Fine, Tempest .You opened up the proverbial " can of worms".

Home is not, and never has been " Family Friendly ". Not even close.

13 year olds are children. So are 14 to 17 year olds. How many 18 year olds do you know that act in an adult manner ? Not many, in my opinion. The age group of 13 to 17 is vunerable, impressionable, and needs to be educated and nurtured in a timely manner. Let them be Children. Time enough once they have grown up, to engage in " adult " activites. Why is there such a need to rush it?

Yet, Home is full of instances of extremely vulgar language and sexual actions. I have had guys ask me if I could show them my feet on Cam. Ask me to sit on their laps, and send them naked pics. Tell me what explicit sex acts they would like to perform on me. Ask me what sex acts I would be willing to do for a given monetary amount. Not one of them ever asked me how old I was !

I am at Acorn Park right now. I just noticed a girl in the new Borat V Swimsuit. She was doing some LMO action, where she break danced or whatever; but she at some point would be bent over, with her legs spread eagled in the air.

If I was able to take Video of her, and had posted it on this Forum, I would expect to get banned.

Inappropriate. Way over the line. Nice going Devs. Shameful, prurient purveyors making a buck.

Don't give me the old tired refrains of" it's just a game", or " its' just a Virtual World".

Home is a Social Venue. There are people behind every Avi. Some of those people are Minor Children.

I have not bought outfits like the Amazon woman, the Succubus, etc. What I do buy has to adhere to a modicum of civility, and decency.

In RL, if someone came to one of my pool parties, or pool / bar-b-que party wearing a V Swimsuit, they would be asked to go home and change. If they were not amenable to doing that, then they could leave, never to be invited back.

Children are always at my parties. I don't have Adult only functions.

Children are always on Home. Home is not Adult only.

So, Sony. If you make the claim Home is " Family Friendly ", and allow Children to use the Venue, you had better make sure you Moderate it, and Make It So. It sure isn't now.

Parental Discipline and Supervison is a wonderful concept in theory. We all know it does not happen most of the time.

Home after all is one huge open Chat Room.  How many Internet  Chat Rooms would you people want your kids, little brothers and sisters, nieces and nephews going into ?

Think about it.

photo Xmas3_1copy_1.jpg
Message 12 of 219 (749 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4501 posts

Aug 9, 2013
They don't care until their is a lawsuit involved. Their cashing in on virtual items for Home that shouldn't even be made in the first place. All they need is age gated spaces, ratings and their set to go.

YB

Message 13 of 219 (749 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1362 posts

Aug 9, 2013

KarateChampChad wrote:

Warning: OP's large and bright text might trigger seizures in some

I made it half way through, before my eyes felt like they were being fried.

Anyway...

1. Drop the 13+ tag.
2. Kids can use Free Realms.
3. Adults can have Home.

The end.

And the Angel of the Lord came unto me, snatching me up from my place of slumber. And took me on high, and higher still until we moved to the spaces betwixt the air itself. And he brought me into a vast farmlands of our own midwest. And as we descended, cries of impending doom rose from the soil. One thousand, nay a million voices full of fear. And terror possessed me then. And I begged, "Angel of the Lord, what are these tortured screams?" And the angel said unto me, "These are the cries of the carrots, the cries of the carrots!“
Message 14 of 219 (749 Views)
Survivor
2039 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 9, 2013

the_original_se

"dont all swimsuits make people near naked? the new sling bikini is nothing different than the speedos that are available.

again, its all virtual anyway.. kids can see the same thing and worse things by going to the beach in real life."

No. Some swimsuits are actually designed in "good taste." 

The V-Swimsuit simply is not. NDreams said themselves, they made it cuz they thought it would be funny. I dont see too many people laughing...

I'm A Shadow. One That No Light Will Shine On. As Long As You Follow Me....You Will Never See The Day.
Message 15 of 219 (749 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
34135 posts

Aug 9, 2013

Shadow-Runner wrote:

No. Some swimsuits are actually designed in "good taste." 

The V-Swimsuit simply is not. NDreams said themselves, they made it cuz they thought it would be funny. I dont see too many people laughing...

i see many people laughing. theres a whole topic about people laughing.

Message 16 of 219 (736 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2039 posts

Aug 9, 2013

the_original_se

"i see many people laughing. theres a whole topic about people laughing"

Maybe so. Counter point - Theres even more related topics where people arent laughing. Im sure you've seen them. This is a dividing issue. Some will not see it as a big deal. Others will. We are not here to convince YOU to change your minds. Keep your opinions. We are just trying to get management and the devs to see OUR point of view. 

I'm A Shadow. One That No Light Will Shine On. As Long As You Follow Me....You Will Never See The Day.
Message 17 of 219 (719 Views)
Sackboy
236 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 9, 2013

What part of this is not age appropriate for 13 to 17 year olds did you not understand.  I am tired of hearing this is a virtual world! People are behind those Avis. I got news for you some  of the actions guys make with girls on Home are so disgusting it makes me want to puke.

They really need to change the age requirement and not allow kids under 18. It really isn't a laughing matter anymore, I do not find it funny whatsoever. Maybe for adults yes, but for kids under 18 no so end of story as so many of you like to say!

Message 18 of 219 (719 Views)
Survivor
2039 posts

Aug 9, 2013
Also...off topic a litte: If you cant see past all the pretty colors to the underlying points of interest I brought up...IDK what to tell ya. It's not as effective if I try to make points with a great big wall of WHITE text. ^_-
Message 19 of 219 (695 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
10662 posts

Aug 9, 2013

^ Or you could've....idk, typed using the default text provided like the general population of the posters here do. No need to resize or recolor anything. 

Heck, I'm not even sure why you decided to branch off the one swimsuit thread and make this, Tempest already said he was reading the one swimsuit thread as it is. I might have given read your OP and even provided some insightful feedback, if I didnt feel like my retina were bleeding out of my eye sockets from scrolling down your text. 

Then again, this is just my take of course. Its your thread, just providing feedback is all.

New PSN ID for PS4: Redd-Axel

Come check out my Twitch TV channel, will be streaming various PS4 games from time to time http://www.twitch.tv/reddaxel
Message 20 of 219 (682 Views)
0 Likes