Survivor
2039 posts

Re: Tempest_Fire 13+ Discussion

Aug 9, 2013

KarateChampChad

Because the "Borat Swimsuits" thread is already 10 pages long and I've been on these forums long enough to know by now that a MOD will come by soon enough to say "this thread has ran it's course" and lock it. 

Im not about to post a lengthy discussion in a thread thats well on its way to being locked soon. 

I'm A Shadow. One That No Light Will Shine On. As Long As You Follow Me....You Will Never See The Day.
Message 21 of 219 (283 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1772 posts

Aug 9, 2013
First I do understand what you are saying but I will say there is a way you can adjust the age settings on your ps3. Also most items have a display to let you see what you are buying...now there is a 13 and up rating for Home itself but not the people in Home, the Mods do their best to try and monitor everyone but they still want people to have the freedom of expressing themselves as long as they don't go overboard. Should Home be for 18 and up, well arguments can be made for both sides. Lets say Sony does up the age to 18 for Home, what's to stop someone from falsifying their age or a parent hearing that they were denied a service just because they were underage. Does Home have suggestive themes yes but it does have some kid friendly items too...it is more about what you allow your kids to see.
Message 22 of 219 (272 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
241 posts

Aug 9, 2013

Heres an idea, make home 18 plus. That way we can get rid of a lot of trolls, pervs, and fams. Let the payin customers stay.

photo 4f082c05-f120-486c-89cf-2b897b97a2e8_zps5aafc426.jpg
Message 23 of 219 (263 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1772 posts

Aug 9, 2013
Well that won't work because a lot of developers will lose revenue..Home was promised to be a free service for the ps3 and will remain to be so
Message 24 of 219 (256 Views)
Survivor
1317 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 9, 2013

Shadow-Runner wrote:

the_original_se

"its just a silly virtual swimsuit. everyone just calm down."

TODAY it's a virtual (near naked. you forgot that part) swimsuit. Tomorrow it's nIppIe tassles and whips. 

Where is the line drawn, SE?  At what point do we say "enough is enough"?

Think about it....

We already have whips Smiley Tongue   .... we have paddles too lol

Message 25 of 219 (240 Views)
Lombax Warrior
165 posts

Aug 9, 2013

duchessban1 wrote:

I'm sorry but  it is also companys job to make it age appropriate when they say 13 and up.! Parents can't be with their kids 24/7 so don't go starting blaming it on the parents. They believe these companys when they put an age restriction on there, so don't go there about parent policing.

I still would not let my 13 year old granddaughter go on Home I DON'T CARE IF IT IS VIRTUAL. IT still is not appropriate for young teens!!!!

Don't like it don't buy or stay off Home. Developers aren't here to please JUST YOU, it's for everyone. I don't get offended easily by much (especially virtual clothing). So if you have an issue, simply don't use Home...problem solved.

Message 26 of 219 (242 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Gaming Beast
1947 posts

Aug 9, 2013

It's hilarious how many of these threads are made every time something 'too mature' comes out...

We have whips, chains, leather, paddles, bikinis, banana hammocks, pole dancer-esque outfits and items, and more weapons than you can shake a stick at... hell, we even have different kinds of sticks(Including crotch-implied ones)!

The fact is simple -

Welcome to the internet, enjoy a complimentary middle finger from a stranger while reading the rules:

1. Kids will always be there, especially when they shouldn't be, either by false info, or parential initiation.

2. Sex sells, don't drop the soap, and don't try the tissues... it's not safe here.

3. Violence, Sex, and a constant state of progress(ie. 'make it bigger & better') will always exist in human nature, and the last one affects everything, especially the first "constants of humanity".

So, let's drop the act that people can't avoid the trolls in these new slingshots, just as much as they avoid the fams, trolls, and hackers, and admit it's just a big load of bible-thumping for nothing.

Before the internet, kids came across "Daddy's dirty magazines", before that they "Played Doctor", before that they did the ol "I'll show you mine if you show me yours". There will always be some form of dirt kids get to, let's not lie to ourselves and act like Home is some sacred place of exception.

I don't budlist-add on forums, and blank PSN requests get ignored!
Missing Rewards -over a year old, still never fixed! 3-4 months worth of items still MIA.
Message 27 of 219 (237 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4410 posts

Aug 9, 2013
I'd say Home is more in line with the ESRB T rating than it is with the PG-13 MA-14 ratings set by TV and cinema boards.

There was another world I used a lot, and it had the same rating. Clothes that were brought into world still had guidelines to meet (like certain regions had to be covered). It's not much different from here, as there were teens only walking around in the most risque items they could get their grubby mitts on.

Truth be told, if you stop them getting these items they'll go to IMVU. If they stop getting them there they'll go to 2nd Life. If they stop being sold them there they'll find yet again somewhere else. What's happening with Home is submitting to this demand rather than losing a large demographic.

I see no problem with the content itself, just making it so readily available to the youngn's is not what I like. I've always felt 13+ was too young for US Home. 17 (M rating) is probably more suited. Raising the age limit keeps some of the kids away from the content without punishing everyone else. Some will lie about their age but the onus will then be on them and their parents for definite, rather than Sony or the parents passing the buck onto someone else.

And yeah, we should give the devs a break. Many of you pretending to be the next Mary Whitehouse buy some very dirty outfits. As you should know, they're only making what sells and need to keep their heads above water.

Jersquall: Any new news on Home on PS4 yet?

Tempest_Fire: Due to a shifting landscape, PlayStation Home will cease publishing new content on November 12, 2014.

@conrad_max

Message 28 of 219 (239 Views)
Lombax Warrior
92 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 9, 2013

Shadow-Runner wrote:

the_original_se

"its just a silly virtual swimsuit. everyone just calm down."

TODAY it's a virtual (near naked. you forgot that part) swimsuit. Tomorrow it's nIppIe tassles and whips. 

Where is the line drawn, SE?  At what point do we say "enough is enough"?

Think about it....

"Tomorrow it's nipple tassles and whips."

That's sure to get a few people's hopes up lol

But seriously, I don't understand the fuss about the V swimsuits not being suitable for Home. 

Surely no one who's actually used Home and seen the kind of content that is available *cough* Mass Meida *cough* would think that these swimsuits are something new or somehow pushing boundries. 

I like the swimsuits personally, there's already quite a bit of skimpy/revealing clothing for female avatars so I like that Ndreams gave us something for male avatars, too.

As for the swimsuit being questionable for Home's rating, again I don't see how it's crossing boundries. The only thing I can think of that's offending people is the amount of virtual skin you're seeing, which for the male version is very close to being bare bottom.

Am I the only one who remembers watching children's cartoons that often times show animated bottoms? I can't see how a virtual avatar bottom is any more 'obscene'. Smiley Tongue

Message 29 of 219 (211 Views)
Survivor
2039 posts

Aug 9, 2013

Kodidobbs

"Surely no one who's actually used Home and seen the kind of content that is available *cough* Mass Meida *cough* would think that these swimsuits are something new or somehow pushing boundries."

And as you can see...Mass Media is no longer around or making anymore product. Most likely because they werent making enough money to stay above water, with Home. Case and point - If we dont like your product, we wont buy it. If you dont sell enough of it, you should take that as a sign and learn from it. NDreams may sell a few dozen of those V Swimsuits...but I can almost guarantee they wont sell enough of them to gain any profit, or let alone garner any popularity and public demand for a repeat of this disaster. 

Home devs are no different from video game developers. We can make them or break them. We have that power. If you dont listen to us when we speak...you will pay for it in SOME way.

I'm A Shadow. One That No Light Will Shine On. As Long As You Follow Me....You Will Never See The Day.
Message 30 of 219 (195 Views)