Fender Bender
2038 posts

Re: Tell your friends folks.

Jan 18, 2013

D-Nitrate wrote:

LegoFire wrote:
I don't see this Issue as to big of a deal (Except for Crazy who has tons of saved spaces backed up, Sorry Cat Sad) With all data being uploaded to a single server, there will perhaps be better capabilities in home, simpler usage of home, less errors, less lag, perhaps customization to our wardrobe , and item usage. These are things people have been wanting for months, so Home Managment is actually going out of there way to help us now, we should be thankful.

Where on earth did you connect those dots????  You need to get off the juice, and open your eyes to what's really going on.  Therebis absolutely no facts to back up any assumption that this will in any way improve capabilities, simplify usage of Home, create fewer errors, less lag, and the only thing it will do to our wardrobes is limit us to just one save file of avatars.

Disregarding your rudenes, I will explain, With one single server, it means less stress on our hard drive, and depends on the server, so now what was limiting things before is'nt any longer. Also now that newer items will be purchased and obtained through a server, it should make for less individual errors. Connection should be better perhaps depending on server stabilization, and with less limits we should be able to have a much larger capacity of options now in home.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 11 of 23 (309 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Gaming Beast
1947 posts

Jan 18, 2013

Lego, you still aren't giving any basis for any of that. Where did the idea that our HDD data becomes cloud come to affect HDD strain? We only access it when at saved settings, this update makes anybody with a weak connection have to suffer for it, instead of a quick load. Items be they Rewards or Purchases have always been listed on the servers, that's not new. Then there's "Perhaps depending on server stabilization"... look at the history of Home, and lemme know if you find somewhere it says our servers have been smooth, ever. :/

TC, smart cookie indeed. XD Though, your wardrobe won't be affected(ideally) because those presets are part of what's being moved to the cloud, not deleted. The issue is that as you said, it's eliminating options, but also, it's that the Home network is very flawed, so we have no idea how big the problems will be after this, neither of which is desirable considering the past experience with that kind of system the origional Beta users are telling us.

Tsun, whatever floats your boat, you obviously don't like what I say, so I could care less. Smiley Tongue

I don't budlist-add on forums, and blank PSN requests get ignored!
Missing Rewards -over a year old, still never fixed! 3-4 months worth of items still MIA.
Message 12 of 23 (287 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1157 posts

Jan 18, 2013

Crazy-88 wrote:

Decorators, Hosts, Artists, MiniBotters, Club Owners, Multi-PS3 Users, and anybody who may have may have more than 1 save of any kind, be it apartment, wardrobe saves, or settings, on your PS3, backed up to your PC or cloud, or on a seperate PS3...

You cease to have options after patch 1.75.

Frankly, it should have always been this way. Most virtual worlds store all user data on the servers. Local storage allows profiles to be manipulated, which people regularly do to exploit rewards.

There's only a small minority of users with multiple instances of apartments. The average Home user will benefit from this since it prevents data from becoming corrupted. I've already seen that happen to a few players at Peakvox Ninja.

What you need to do is complain to your buddies at Juggernaut to allow multiple loadouts for the Battlebots space. That's the only reason you made this thread, since I recall the contempt you expressed toward  "Decorators, Hosts, and Artists."

Crazy-88 wrote:
The staff who moderates the servers are quacks who can hardly keep our Rewards/Purchases in check, and now want to control your options of identity.

So you're calling Home's network engineers quacks?

I've never had a problem with them. Based on prior conversations, you have a poor knowledge of network maintenance.

It's generally not a good idea to poke the bear when you want him to give back some honey.

Kudos to the Home team for announcing the change so those with backups of their personal spaces could choose which one they wanted to keep. If the staff didn't care the user base, they would have put this update into effect without a week's notification.

Gamers are the worst f*cking people. ~ Phil Fish

Message 13 of 23 (267 Views)
Fender Bender
2038 posts

Jan 18, 2013

Crazy-88 wrote:

Lego, you still aren't giving any basis for any of that. Where did the idea that our HDD data becomes cloud come to affect HDD strain? We only access it when at saved settings, this update makes anybody with a weak connection have to suffer for it, instead of a quick load. Items be they Rewards or Purchases have always been listed on the servers, that's not new. Then there's "Perhaps depending on server stabilization"... look at the history of Home, and lemme know if you find somewhere it says our servers have been smooth, ever. :/

TC, smart cookie indeed. XD Though, your wardrobe won't be affected(ideally) because those presets are part of what's being moved to the cloud, not deleted. The issue is that as you said, it's eliminating options, but also, it's that the Home network is very flawed, so we have no idea how big the problems will be after this, neither of which is desirable considering the past experience with that kind of system the origional Beta users are telling us.

Tsun, whatever floats your boat, you obviously don't like what I say, so I could care less. Smiley Tongue

I'm just trying to direct things toward a more possitive outcome of whats possable, then being upset, and theres no assurence that this will cause more strain on people with weaker connection, it "may" turn out better, though I have to agree, server stabilzation has never been very good, but we can always hope this makes a difference, instead of looking towards the negative right away. I guess we'll just have to see how this all turns out .
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 14 of 23 (257 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1947 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 18, 2013

Stardust, you always amuse me.

Firstly, 'contempt' toward "Decorators, Hosts, and Artists"? Picking at straws much? Cute, though I'm sure you can troll a lil harder than imaginary personal opinions if all you're gonna do is counter-argue any post I make.

Good job though acting like you've never had item issues, and never heard of users with issues outside of Peakvox. What makes you think adding more to the servers will fix that? Home's servers barely handle what they're responcible for as it is, so the basis of other virtual environments is moot at best, comparable to an athlete racing the morbidly obese.

Do what you want Stardust, but that's all I'm giving you. You keep your pursuit of trying to derail my threads and counter them, but in the end it just proves all you care about is yourself. I'll stick to what I find important, you keep sticking to your trolling ways.

@Lego, a positive spin doesn't always work bud. Smiley Frustrated If that was the case Home would be alot better than it is now, because we've all wanted positive results, but the patches always have some kind of bug. I for one would rather they patch other things before messing with my personal saves.

I don't budlist-add on forums, and blank PSN requests get ignored!
Missing Rewards -over a year old, still never fixed! 3-4 months worth of items still MIA.
Message 15 of 23 (243 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3752 posts

Jan 18, 2013

@Crazy

This has absolutely no bearing on whether I like what you said, I was YOU who didn't like what I said or didn't say or because I didn't join you little banter about the changes, then you proceeded to tell me this isn't for me.  Who knows what your problem was with my comment?  My commentary was actually directed to someone who posted that we should have a say in it and I stated that Sony doesn't listen, That's all!  Lets move on to bigger better things in life then inevitable changes to Home.

Message 16 of 23 (228 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
127 posts

Jan 18, 2013

awww, dude. this is gonna kill ur minibots' multilpe arena savs. that sux. Smiley Sad

Opinions here do not express those of SONY &/or its' affiliates
Message 17 of 23 (207 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
591 posts

Jan 18, 2013

This whole update thing has me scared... from what i heard, this will keep us from backing up out files, and will not guarantee our safety from system glitches.. ive heard of people losing items, and i personally had days where it looked like ALL my rewards were gone (thankfully this was temporary)..

i dont want to lose my items, some of them ill never be able to get back..

Message 18 of 23 (207 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Jan 18, 2013

Very disappointing to have what appears to be an update for apartments and not to have included multiple save layout options. The community has been asking for this for quite some time and it would have been a good opportunity to at least have provided that as part of the update. 

Message 19 of 23 (186 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1157 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 18, 2013

Crazy-88 wrote:

Stardust, you always amuse me.

Firstly, 'contempt' toward "Decorators, Hosts, and Artists"? Picking at straws much? Cute, though I'm sure you can troll a lil harder than imaginary personal opinions if all you're gonna do is counter-argue any post I make.

Good job though acting like you've never had item issues, and never heard of users with issues outside of Peakvox. What makes you think adding more to the servers will fix that? Home's servers barely handle what they're responcible for as it is, so the basis of other virtual environments is moot at best, comparable to an athlete racing the morbidly obese.

Do what you want Stardust, but that's all I'm giving you. You keep your pursuit of trying to derail my threads and counter them, but in the end it just proves all you care about is yourself. I'll stick to what I find important, you keep sticking to your trolling ways.

I recall very well your unfavorable comments towards "Decorators, Hosts, and Artists" while chatting with you at Midway 3. So yes, it's very amusing that you would include them in your announcement, just as it's eqaully amusing when you call me a troll after pointing out your hypocrisy. The only reason you made this thread is because you stand to lose all your arenas. Hopefully your friends at Juggernaut will be able to accomodate you.

I haven't been using Home long enough to experience item issues. The problems I've had related to Hellfire's poor management of Poker & Home Tycoon as well as a few quirks with LOOT's EODs.

I never try to derail anyone's threads; I simply try to combat pretense & ignorance.

Getting back on topic, this update is likely for a good reason, such as limited Home supoort on the Vita (e.g. Playstation Home Arcade). Thanks to the Home team for giving everyone an early notification to get their saves sorted.

Gamers are the worst f*cking people. ~ Phil Fish

Message 20 of 23 (164 Views)
0 Likes