Fender Bender
2961 posts

Re: Telepads not high on Lockwood's to-do list

[ Edited ]
Aug 1, 2012

It has to go though Q&A after the conversation. Because it will not longer be the same item. Instead of a 22 slot item it will be a 3 or 4 slot item. No matter what kind of active it is. Then it will be listed as a new item in their server and a new catalog reference number will be issued for it. As you can see as with everything in life. The paper trail has to be rectified in their system. Just like everything else in a computer. This new item has to be registered in the operating system registry. That is how your computer knows it is there...

julie_love wrote:

QA? They've already been released and as far as I know they work as designed and are bug free.  Firefly is asking that Lockwood reduce the number of slots the Telepads use. 

I don't see how Sony QA and a request to a developer to update their product are related.

AlphaZone4.com | Home Item Database
Map
Map

Schlachlen-Haus fünf ................................

Message 31 of 37 (69 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1940 posts

Aug 1, 2012

tdarb wrote:

jimmynet wrote:

Gotta luv COPS on Home and the forum.. If it don't hurt yah why complain..

BTW this is all on topic about the telepads...

Don't know where that came from. did you read what we were talking about? He said that Sony needed to make a clear statement of where they stood on glitching. I was just pointing out that they have done that already.

No one was being a "cop".

Preaching the TOS is being a COP, minimod, whatever.. I know the rules I don't need to be fed it with every post someone makes on about the TELEPADS or otherwise.... MODs have a job and know how to do it..

The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear...

Message 32 of 37 (56 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3844 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 1, 2012

jimmynet wrote:

Preaching the TOS is being a COP, minimod, whatever.. I know the rules I don't need to be fed it with every post someone makes on about the TELEPADS or otherwise.... MODs have a job and know how to do it..

He was talking about information not being available. I was saying where the information he was wondering about can be found. I wasn't telling anyone what they can or cannot do, nor was I "preaching" anything. I'm sorry if that offended you.

Message 33 of 37 (54 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3241 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 1, 2012

Bottom line is people can point and link to a giant flashing neon sign that says T.O.S,  with a oversized nerf finger and it still wouldnt matter. I'm pretty sure its a safe bet that over 90% of the users in Home DID NOT stop to read all the fine print regarding the do's and donts when they first downloaded Home and made an avi account.

In addition to that its still a gray area, when up till recently people were challenged to glitch at Sodium to find easter eggs and bonus items that regular walking around isn't going to help you locate.

Even the Dream Yacht island is solid so that goes to indicate they expected people to go out there way to get there. Further evidence of that is the lighthouse isnt solid which suggests to me they knew exactly what they were doing when they created and later released it.

And constantly referring to T.O.S is NOT a once and for all statement from Sony regarding glitching.

People glitch without using "software". In fact the very first glitches I ever saw were by movement and shimmying, and NOT by using any type of "software" or program.

Message 34 of 37 (52 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3844 posts

Aug 1, 2012

ILLUMIN-X wrote:

And constantly referring to T.O.S is NOT a once and for all statement from Sony regarding glitching.

People glitch without using "software". In fact the very first glitches I ever saw were by movement and shimming not "software".

The PS Home client is software.

Message 35 of 37 (48 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3241 posts

Aug 1, 2012

Well they need to revise their little T.O.S then dont they and add "No Shimmying", because as stated its simply a blind map spot that someone has found. And movement is being used to exploit it.

Last time I checked there was no rule against movement

Message 36 of 37 (43 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1940 posts

Aug 1, 2012

ILLUMIN-X wrote:

Well they need to revise their little T.O.S then dont they and add "No Shimmying", because as stated its simply a blind map spot that someone has found. And movement is being used to exploit it.

Last time I checked there was no rule against movement

Here's a better idea.. Put in the TOS that you can come on Home, purchase items at an outrageous cost, do nothing but sit there in you apartment and put 1 item out, the telepads.. Keep in mind you cant say anything or you will be reported... And, when you run outta funds, to log back onto Home (AKA the HUB) you need to put more in.. Then, and only then will you be able to use your purchased Lockwood Telepads that are hi on their to-do list...

The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear...

Message 37 of 37 (36 Views)
0 Likes