Ghost of Sparta
9504 posts

Re: Telepads not high on Lockwood's to-do list

Jul 29, 2012
Glitching isn't the intended use Sony wants you to do as it can reveal flaws in the coding and when tampering occurs by users problems start to arise. Take merge freezing for example. Nobody wants that around except those who get a kick out of doing it. It used to be so bad people had a targetting scope like the camera function to pinpoint users from far away and 'snipe' them out. While not the same as apartment glitching a flaw is a flaw and will eventually be patched. Just like you want bugs and glitches cleaned off your home pc, sony wants mistakes in code off unavailable to the end user.
Support Forums
Message 11 of 37 (158 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2961 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 29, 2012

Fire there is a snag with what your asking for. I do agree with you wholeheartedly. We could use some relief with actives as far as the 22 slots are concerned. We all know there is a ton of the old active items. That should be readjusted and they could be easily updated. If they wanted to but they don't.

Here is the problem while the developer kit has been updated and all actives can be adjusted. But when Home management announced the active item update.  They stated straight up they are not going to revisit any of the old active items. Loot did revisit some of their older active items their camera and spotlight. Since they are a Sony company they have more wiggle room than the rest of the developers to make changes.

So Fire it would be easy to get LKWD to make those changes your asking for. It's Home management your going to have a problem with. They see it as a burden to their Q&A. They want to see as much money making NEW content going out every week. For them to revisit the 150 or so old active items. (Don't quote me I didn't count them all) They are going to see this as a major log jam and simply said their not going to do that. Why would they if they don't think there's any money in it for them. I'm not saying this would be hard to do. All you have to do is readjust the slots for each item based on memory usage. Getting them to Q&A is a whole different story.

Heck we couldn't get them to revisit items like the badly sized Paris items and many other badly made items. Remember the Bioshock furniture they originally released as active. It took a year and a half before they would do anything about them. The only reason why they were finally deactivated. Was because I asked Tammy of Heavy Water who originally made those items. To do it and she kindly did. But she had to resubmit them to Q&A.  Because of her long business relationship with them here is the only reason why they did it.

So if you want this done there it is. Your going to have to campaign Home management vigorously. If you want something done about those teleporters and maybe you would want a few other items adjusted as well? Good luck...

Added point; Since the LKWD teleporters was one of the first active item released in Home. I can see them as a  3 or 4 slot active item after they adjust it.

AlphaZone4.com | Home Item Database
Map
Map

Schlachlen-Haus fünf ................................

Message 12 of 37 (152 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
9504 posts

Jul 29, 2012
I didnt mention this before also but yes any petition or campaign to lower ANY items slot counts I can help with, please sign me up.
Support Forums
Message 13 of 37 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3241 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 29, 2012

Yup and Yup.

Also instead of remaining so tightlipped Sony should make a public statement as to where they actually stand on glitching and merging (as well as freezing).

The micro bits of info that trickle down arent doing much for the community as a whole when a great portion of them feel its OK to glitch.

Whether it's generally accepted by Sony or not doesnt matter much to me  because I suck at glitching and dont see the hours of personal entertainment people participating in it get from it. But I do know people that do and if it floats their boat then I'm cool with it.

This issue of glitching rests solely on Sony's shoulders and due to them not clarifying their official position on it it remains a gray area.

Now the freezing issue is a whole nother ball of tomatos because if I suddenly got the YLOD due to a public space freeze then I would personally blame Sony for being negligent in not taking stronger actions against those whom I'm sure have been reported over and over and over again.

Its funny they can spend millions of dollars advertising their products, but cant make a public statement on glitching.

Message 14 of 37 (145 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

Jul 29, 2012

smokingpistol wrote:
Glitching isn't the intended use Sony wants you to do as it can reveal flaws in the coding and when tampering occurs by users problems start to arise. Take merge freezing for example. Nobody wants that around except those who get a kick out of doing it. It used to be so bad people had a targetting scope like the camera function to pinpoint users from far away and 'snipe' them out. While not the same as apartment glitching a flaw is a flaw and will eventually be patched. Just like you want bugs and glitches cleaned off your home pc, sony wants mistakes in code off unavailable to the end user.

Funny that a user actually suggested merging, in the July Suggestions thread.

Message 15 of 37 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5016 posts

Jul 29, 2012

The telepads are a disgrace... Well here is why?

Put it in ur Clubhouse... For owners it works ok.... For other Members it won't work at all!

So if anything they need to fix it so anyone in the clubhouse could use the Telepads!

Make it so Lockwood!

SHAME on SONY for making us HOMEless by Closing our PS HOME!
Message 16 of 37 (85 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

Jul 29, 2012

DCS-Tekken wrote:

The telepads are a disgrace... Well here is why?

Put it in ur Clubhouse... For owners it works ok.... For other Members it won't work at all!

So if anything they need to fix it so anyone in the clubhouse could use the Telepads!

Make it so Lockwood!

The telepads work for everyone, not just the owner.

Cat Frustrated

Message 17 of 37 (82 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
9504 posts

Jul 29, 2012
Merging has been a source of fun for many people over the years mind, but hasnt always caused freezing so yeah not surprised someone requested it. Im sure lots of people would appreciate being able to merge items but the real problem with it is the overloaded server freeze sideeffect. Sorta what happens when you try to do things the program wasnt intended for. And from past experience the only time i tried to use a telepad in a club only the owner could use it. But its been a long time now tbh.
Support Forums
Message 18 of 37 (74 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

Jul 29, 2012

smokingpistol wrote:
Merging has been a source of fun for many people over the years mind, but hasnt always caused freezing so yeah not surprised someone requested it. Im sure lots of people would appreciate being able to merge items but the real problem with it is the overloaded server freeze sideeffect. Sorta what happens when you try to do things the program wasnt intended for. And from past experience the only time i tried to use a telepad in a club only the owner could use it. But its been a long time now tbh.

Hhmm, I somehow thought it would work. Maybe it's just apartments, odd.

Well yes, regardless if the merge freezes users or not. It does cause a strain on the server, regardless. It may cause lag, and something accidental freezing. Just depends on the type of merge, and the usage of codes.

Merging to me is fine, as long as it's not being used to hurt others.

Message 19 of 37 (69 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
9504 posts

Jul 29, 2012
Not so much an apartment thing as ive used friends' telepads before i think its just a clubhouse thing...
Support Forums
Message 20 of 37 (63 Views)
0 Likes