Highlighted
Jul 29 2012
By: F1REFLY_SEREN1TY Survivor 1924 posts

Telepads not high on Lockwood's to-do list

36 replies 369 views Edited Jul 29, 2012

Hi guys!

I'm looking for help to convince Lockwood to reduce their telepad footprint.

I asked Lockwood if they were going to reduce this. They were very gracious and gave me a reply, though not what I was hoping for. They are looking to reduce all their actives, but telepads aren't high on the list.

For my friends, Telepads are one of their more commonly used active items.  Often to teleport outside of apartments, or to do various glitches.   But older actives take the full hefty 22 slots. Reducing their footprint would make it possible to add more furniture for you, me, and everyone.

Not everyone uses Telepads. But many of us older users who were around in the spawn glitching and furniture floating days could use some help. 

If you want to help, please tweet or email Lockwood. Their contact information is below:

http://www.lockwoodpublishing.com/

https://twitter.com/Lockwood_Ltd

contact@lockwood-studios.com 

Lockwood Publishing Ltd

The Lace Market

49 Stoney Street

Nottingham, Nottinghamshire

NG1 1LX, UK

With a little luck, maybe we can convince the to give us the room so we can buy MORE furniture! Including Lockwood. LOL

Thank you.

Message 1 of 37 (369 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

Re: Telepads not high on Lockwood's to-do list

Jul 29, 2012

The whole taking 22 slots for active items, is quite an annoyance.

Usually, I decorate my apartments and then try to fill in active items in the end.

Only problem is I never have room, because non active items take up space faster then we think.

Message 2 of 37 (363 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3241 posts

Jul 29, 2012

I think you kinda shot yourself in the foot by even mentioning the glitch angle. You gotta keep in mind these people's loyalty's belong to Sony first. The end user (being us the consumers) merely butters their toast thru purchased items and spaces.

Therefore asking them to lower the slot footprint so you can glitch (that being something obviously frowned on by Sony) is actually more detrimental to your cause than helpful.

Perhaps you should try revising your request.

Message 3 of 37 (349 Views)
Fender Bender
1148 posts

Jul 29, 2012

A wise and pertinent asnwer, Mr. Illumin.

Glitching is a sore spot for me, as I am tired of the Balloon Boys walking on my Head.

Personally, I shall ask Lockwood for a new Hair Style; one that needs to be Pinned up, with Removeable Pins.

photo Xmas3_1copy_1.jpg
Message 4 of 37 (336 Views)
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 29, 2012

I suspect these could be made to use far less. It's nice to see that they are at least revisitng older items.  Twitter and Facebook are good places to ask. 

Message 5 of 37 (323 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1649 posts

Jul 29, 2012

The gift machine better be at the top of the list.

Message 6 of 37 (309 Views)
Gaming Beast
1940 posts

Jul 29, 2012
Yes like ILLUMIN-X said please edit and reword your request OP.

The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear...

Message 7 of 37 (295 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2040 posts

Jul 29, 2012

Lockwood is pretty responsive and it's good to hear that they did reply to you. I use telepads in some of my larger spaces just to get around and it would be nice to see them use a smaller footprint.

It would be interesting to know how they prioritize changes to existing items.

Message 8 of 37 (283 Views)
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Jul 29, 2012

julie_love wrote:

Lockwood is pretty responsive and it's good to hear that they did reply to you. I use telepads in some of my larger spaces just to get around and it would be nice to see them use a smaller footprint.

It would be interesting to know how they prioritize changes to existing items.

Well the fact they are even looking to reduce them is a good thing. 22 slots is a lot. I know the new lounges, beach mats and hopefully soon to be released active beds only seem to need 15. It's good to see that 22 is no longer a given even with some of the nicer active items coming out. 

Message 9 of 37 (270 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

Jul 29, 2012

ILLUMIN-X wrote:

I think you kinda shot yourself in the foot by even mentioning the glitch angle. You gotta keep in mind these people's loyalty's belong to Sony first. The end user (being us the consumers) merely butters their toast thru purchased items and spaces.

Therefore asking them to lower the slot footprint so you can glitch (that being something obviously frowned on by Sony) is actually more detrimental to your cause than helpful.

Perhaps you should try revising your request.

Always wondered why glitching was such a taboo, subject?

Also why they started to crack down on it, so late in the game?

Message 10 of 37 (225 Views)
0 Likes