Jan 20 2013
By: LeeStone71 I Only Post Everything 1011 posts
Accepted Solution

Teahouse Lanterns

5 replies 164 views Edited Jan 20, 2013
Saw someone mention this in support but I don't think it's a support issue. More of a "is it possible, or not?" and "if so, how?" question.

I just bought the lantern set for the teahouse and I recalled someone couldn't figure out how they work. Found the post in support with no replies, figured someone here may know.

I thought about changing the day setting from night to day then back again to see if that triggered them but it didn't.

While we're at it, what's the latest word on the Private Hideaway/weathervane?
Message 1 of 6 (164 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Re: Teahouse Lanterns

Jan 20, 2013

There should be an on/off as I recall like any light.

Message 2 of 6 (158 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
34148 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 20, 2013

if youre referring to setting the lanterns up in the Teahouse Space via the rock at the back of the house with the special options, those lanterns cant be turned on. it sucks. Smiley Sad

however you can always just set up the lanterns through the decorate navigator, they function and regular lights that way.

Message 3 of 6 (145 Views)
Fender Bender
2781 posts

Jan 20, 2013

LeeStone71 wrote:
Saw someone mention this in support but I don't think it's a support issue. More of a "is it possible, or not?" and "if so, how?" question.

I just bought the lantern set for the teahouse and I recalled someone couldn't figure out how they work. Found the post in support with no replies, figured someone here may know.

I thought about changing the day setting from night to day then back again to see if that triggered them but it didn't.

While we're at it, what's the latest word on the Private Hideaway/weathervane?

I just came from my Island Apt and was wondering the same thing.

Also, are we going back to day/night cycles on the Island?

Although the sunrise looks very nice, I prefer the night feel to the island, especially with all the torches lit, which was my favorite time as well to dig for fossils, esp on the pay site.

Message 4 of 6 (143 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1011 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 21, 2013

Thanks, original_se. Hopefully, they'll fix it. Fortunately, the space is small enough that I can sacrifice a few slots to put em down myself.

Mermaid, I heard the day/night cycles should be resuming in Feb.

Message 5 of 6 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
582 posts

Jan 21, 2013

the_original_se wrote:

if youre referring to setting the lanterns up in the Teahouse Space via the rock at the back of the house with the special options, those lanterns cant be turned on. it sucks. Smiley Sad

however you can always just set up the lanterns through the decorate navigator, they function and regular lights that way.

The lanterns didn't used to be able to be turned on, but an upgraded version of the space added that feature as one of the options via the rock. I own this space in Japan, so it's possible this update hasn't made its way to NA yet.

Message 6 of 6 (119 Views)