Re: **WIN A 50$ SONY PLAYSYATION NETWORK CARD***

Aug 3, 2013

sam_reynoldsUS wrote:

Wow, this is a very generous contest you are doing. Smiley Happy

I was made aware of it via what appears to be chain mail asking for kudos

torag365 wrote:

CMCSAVAGE wrote:

torag365 wrote:

Also, I am kindly suggest to all the people that participate in this contest, to act like me.

Act like you? Do you mean trying to buy Kudos?

Please read again what I wrote.

What I am trying to say is, that the winner of this contest owe his/her victory to all the people the kudoed him/her.

You can have the worst entry, and still win this contest if people love you, and you can have the best entry and still lose. 

I am not buying kudos, but if I will win it will just be unfair not to give something back to those who kudoed me.

Call me old fashion but I think the best entry should win, as it is a contest.

To solicit/bribe for a win seems like a cheap move, will only give you a hollow victory and regardless of whether you have the best entry I cannot kudos you on principle.

Good luck to the all the participants.

You are right. The best entry should win. But unfortunately that might not be the case in contests with community votes. 

If a friend of mine ask me for a kudo, I will give him/her one even if his/her entry is not the best or even if his/her entry is bad.

I do not have to promise something back to those who kudoed me if I will win. I can just get this kudos. However that is what I think correct and fair for the reasons I mentioned earlier.  

Join Our Groove Today, Please Press My Signature To Join!

torag365Signature

Message 81 of 180 (425 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 3, 2013

torag365 wrote:

Once again, maybe people disagree with me, but when somebody gives me kudo it is not obvious, but if he decide to give me a kudo, and this kudo will help me to win, I have to thank to him/her and to all others that kudoed me, and that's my way to thank them. If you want to think I am cheating/ briding/ buying kudos, you have the right to think so, on my opinion I should give something back if I won.

If I were the OP I'd simply eliminate ANYONE who OPENLY solicits kudos in the thread. It's easy enough to do and is something the OP should consider this go around or at the least for any future contest by putting it in the rules.

If I were him I'd do it this go around. This would be a good place to start and set an example. 

If you want to try and solicit your friends in private that is another matter I suppose and Isn't something that the OP can monitor. It certainly proves the lengths some will go through however to win a contest. 

Message 82 of 180 (414 Views)
Gaming Beast
1494 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 3, 2013

If the OP has a problem/ misunderstanding with someone, he/she more then welcome to send a PM, I am at least reading everything.

Join Our Groove Today, Please Press My Signature To Join!

torag365Signature

Message 83 of 180 (387 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2291 posts

Aug 3, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

torag365 wrote:

Once again, maybe people disagree with me, but when somebody gives me kudo it is not obvious, but if he decide to give me a kudo, and this kudo will help me to win, I have to thank to him/her and to all others that kudoed me, and that's my way to thank them. If you want to think I am cheating/ briding/ buying kudos, you have the right to think so, on my opinion I should give something back if I won.

If I were the OP I'd simply eliminate ANYONE who OPENLY solicits kudos in the thread. It's easy enough to do and is something the OP should consider this go around or at the least for any future contest by putting it in the rules.

If I were him I'd do it this go around. This would be a good place to start and set an example. 

If you want to try and solicit your friends in private that is another matter I suppose and Isn't something that the OP can monitor. It certainly proves the lengths some will go through however to win a contest. 

I keep trying to tell people that contests would be so much easier if it was a KatCall contest and everyone just gave me money.

I don't want to sound like I'm boasting, but I'm pretty sure I'm the best KatCall around here.

Message 84 of 180 (369 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4411 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 3, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:
If I were the OP I'd simply eliminate ANYONE who OPENLY solicits kudos in the thread
It certainly proves the lengths some will go through however to win a contest. 

Yeah torag, a bit more tact wouldn't go amiss Smiley Very Happy if you want kudos from yer mates just ask in private. If you have any real mates it shouldn't be too hard. The OP can do whatever he wants and I won't judge him for how he runs his competition but this suggestion would go pretty far.

About fair competitions

As for the lengths people will go through to win competitions. I remember the first ever Home Q&A back in 2009 to have an interview with the staff. Although it wasn't a contest, only 3 people could attend so an ex MVP of EU treated it as such. The staff were pretty much wrapped round their finger, and while that kind of thing seems to be praised over here it's definitely not in EU so we nipped it in the bud and they couldn't attend. But guess what? They did! They made a new account, got the staff to let them in, then they used that account to harass people that snitched. When it was reported the account didn't get banned. To add insult to injury, they run one of the websites people seem to like plugging here so very much.

For anyone wanting an example of what a rigged contest is, that my friends is it Smiley Very Happy

Jersquall: Any new news on Home on PS4 yet?

Tempest_Fire: Due to a shifting landscape, PlayStation Home will cease publishing new content on November 12, 2014.

@conrad_max

Message 85 of 180 (352 Views)
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
5870 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 3, 2013

Here's my entry for the contest, Player.

Oh, mirror, mirror, how can I become more beautiful than I already am?

Mirror.jpg

Trying to get everyone together to film A Day At The Circus is always a hassle because no one wants to listen.

Whip.jpg

When I grow up, I want to be a security guard for the Mall.

OfficerUniform.jpg

Never have I ever imagine that I would become a zombie slayer.

ZombieKilling.jpg

I'm sexy, and I know it because all the noobs come running to me for attention.

Swoon.jpg

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 86 of 180 (315 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1406 posts

Aug 3, 2013
I have spoken with certain participants privately and it is now clear that I discourage the open solicitation of kudos or pledged compensation to aquire said votes.
There are new selection processes in development for future contests but until those are revealed, may we please allow integrity be our guide.
There is still time to get your entries in. Thanks for participating and continued good luck to all.
Message 87 of 180 (277 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1406 posts

Aug 3, 2013
in·teg·ri·ty  

/inˈtegritē/NounThe quality of being honest and having strong moral principles; moral uprightness.The state of being whole and undivided: "territorial integrity".Synonymshonesty - probity - entirety - rectitude - wholeness
Message 88 of 180 (249 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4550 posts

Aug 3, 2013

MrFirstPlayer wrote:
in·teg·ri·ty  

/inˈtegritē/NounThe quality of being honest and having strong moral principles; moral uprightness.The state of being whole and undivided: "territorial integrity".Synonymshonesty - probity - entirety - rectitude - wholeness

Although this is unrelated to the contest, i like integrity Fm radio on GTA 4...it was funny

<

photo evolve_zps9e0e8f3e.jpg

Welcoming Committee   

Message 89 of 180 (241 Views)
Uncharted Territory
892 posts

Aug 3, 2013
Why does it say kudo bribery at the end of my post?
nelsig
Message 90 of 180 (202 Views)
0 Likes